Game of Thrones

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

551.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Agree, no one is worried about Arya. Which brings up another good little scene, the Hound and Brienne reunion and he comments he wouldn't get in her way :lol:

552.Fishon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Yeh, definitely agree with a lot of that. Especially the winterfell storyline. Again, I had a laugh at the producers after the episode when they actually commented that the viewer would really be worried for arya's life because of all the effort the show put into building up the tension between the two sisters. No, no they werent, no one was :lol:
My reaction to those buffoons as well

553.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Yeh, definitely agree with a lot of that. Especially the winterfell storyline. Again, I had a laugh at the producers after the episode when they actually commented that the viewer would really be worried for arya's life because of all the effort the show put into building up the tension between the two sisters. No, no they werent, no one was :lol:
Is there any significance of Jons real name being Aegon? Rhaegar already had a young son named aegon why would Leanna give Jon the same name (it's been awhile since I've read the books but I am aware of the aegon storyline, also were all of rhaegars children dead by the time Jon was born)?

554.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Is there any significance of Jons real name being Aegon? Rhaegar already had a young son named aegon why would Leanna give Jon the same name (it's been awhile since I've read the books but I am aware of the aegon storyline, also were all of rhaegars children dead by the time Jon was born)?
Heard a discussion on youtube about this earlier. If they're right, the first aegon was already dead. And then there's supposed to be some other fake aegon who fled to esteros and is now running the golden company? It was all confusing :lol:

555.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Heard a discussion on youtube about this earlier. If they're right, the first aegon was already dead. And then there's supposed to be some other fake aegon who fled to esteros and is now running the golden company? It was all confusing :lol:
In the books there is an aegon who is purported to be rhaegars not so dead son

User avatar 556.DocZaius » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:25 pm

That's all book stuff. I don't think they've ever mentioned dead baby Aegon by name in the show - I think all they say is that the Mountain killed Elia Martell and her children.

557.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:27 pm

That's all book stuff. I don't think they've ever mentioned dead baby Aegon by name in the show - I think all they say is that the Mountain killed Elia Martell and her children.
Yeah, I'd never know any of that if I didn't hear it from book readers.

There's way too much to wrap up in the show without bringing up more shit :lol:

558.rynogator » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Enjoyed the episode but it seems like everyone from the directors to the actors has acknowledged in one way or another that trying to "cram" everything into the amount of time they have left has been the biggest challenge. If that's true, why the shortened seasons? The original logic behind that was supposedly that they knew they only had enough material for that many more episodes. Hard to reconcile.

559.evs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Enjoyed the episode but it seems like everyone from the directors to the actors has acknowledged in one way or another that trying to "cram" everything into the amount of time they have left has been the biggest challenge. If that's true, why the shortened seasons? The original logic behind that was supposedly that they knew they only had enough material for that many more episodes. Hard to reconcile.
agree, why make only 7 episodes?

while it was fun to see littlefinger die, I would have liked it to be more dramatic rather than just arya slicing his throat, compared to her other killings and his underhandedness. Like have arya and sansa pretend to want to do a threesome or something and have bran roll in with the dagger

User avatar 560.DocZaius » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Yeah, the whole season seemed rushed. They could have easily come up with enough material to fill 10 episodes and have it all make more sense than it did.

561.Fishon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:55 pm

while it was fun to see littlefinger die, I would have liked it to be more dramatic rather than just arya slicing his throat, compared to her other killings and his underhandedness. Like have arya and sansa pretend to want to do a threesome or something and have bran roll in with the dagger
i was thinking that scene could have been cooler if Arya gave the knife to Sansa and she executed him. That's more in line of the Stark ethos of "whoever passes the sentence, swings the sword"

562.evs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 pm

i was thinking that scene could have been cooler if Arya gave the knife to Sansa and she executed him. That's more in line of the Stark ethos of "whoever passes the sentence, swings the sword"
yes! there are so many better ways it could have gone. or have him in the box to at kings landing and have everyone stab him once. it was a such a throw away scene.

563.rynogator » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Hell, if you stuck to the traditional 55-60 minute episodes instead of 80 minute ones like they had this season, you've basically already had 9 episodes of material in what we saw. Obviously would have had to break the story up a little differently but another 60 minutes of overall content might have been just right to make the season feel less rushed.

User avatar 564.evs' Boytoy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:14 am

Crazy thought and I'm sure I'm not the first, but what is the range on the NK's raising dead ability? If he gets close enough to King's Landing, can he turn an already dead Mountain? The Mountain killing Cersei would be kind of funny.

565.rampart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:14 am

Crazy thought and I'm sure I'm not the first, but what is the range on the NK's raising dead ability? If he gets close enough to King's Landing, can he turn an already dead Mountain? The Mountain killing Cersei would be kind of funny.
I have no idea about the range but it doesn't work through water apparently

566.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:56 am

I don't think we'll see anything like that. And of course, that doesn't fit into the prophecy of how Cersei dies (though it would be funny)

User avatar 567.evs' Boytoy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't think we'll see anything like that. And of course, that doesn't fit into the prophecy of how Cersei dies (though it would be funny)
I know, I know.........she's supposed to be killed by a little brother.

568.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:30 pm

I know, I know.........she's supposed to be killed by a little brother.
But as the one chick pointed out, that word isn't sex specific, right? So it could be a "little sister". Does it have to be hers? Could it be Arya?

User avatar 569.DocZaius » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Dumb theory of the day: Cersei dies in childbirth. The child would still be a little brother or sister.

Dumb way for her to die, though.

Not-so-dumb (?) theory of the day: Tyrion was looking all sad when the boatsex was happening because he made a deal with Cersei to betray Dany and Jon and it's troubling him.

570.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Dumb theory of the day: Cersei dies in childbirth. The child would still be a little brother or sister.

Not-so-dumb (?) theory of the day: Tyrion was looking all sad when the boatsex was happening because he made a deal with Cersei to betray Dany and Jon and it's troubling him.
It would be funny that she died the way her mom did after hating Tyrion for it, but I agree, I want her to die brutally.

I don't buy into the Tyrion betrayal theory at all.

Another theory I hate hearing that keeps popping up online - Bran is the Night King.

User avatar 571.Irish Mike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

I don't think Tormund is dead. He was running west along the top of the wall with Berric. Not down the stairs.

572.rampart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:09 pm

I don't think Tormund is dead. He was running west along the top of the wall with Berric. Not down the stairs.
See, this is what I thought too. Damn that ginger hating juggs

573.rampart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

I thought about the childbirth thing as well. It's a possibility.

574.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 pm

See, this is what I thought too. Damn that ginger hating juggs
Yeah, I saw it again and he jumped from the crumbling part onto another part of the wall. Of course, how the hell does he get down now? :lol: Not to mention, now behind an entire army of the dead.

And what the hell happened to Bronn and Pod? Are they still drinking?

User avatar 575.DocZaius » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 pm

When someone dies in this show, you see them die. So I don't think Berric and Tormund are dead, either. They've got a lot of running to do on top of the wall to get back to civilization, though. I don't know how many castles in the show are actually manned, but the nearest one has got to be at least 20 miles away - if it's still in good shape, they may be able to get down from the wall. Castle Black is probably 150 miles away (the Wall is said to be 300 miles long).
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else