Game of Thrones

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

526.9508 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Speaking of, why didn't the Dragons nuke the night king?
Cuz PLOT!!

and REASONS!!

527.Juggs » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Speaking of, why didn't the Dragons nuke the night king?
My thought was, ok, Dany having talked to Jon after he wakes up will eventually find out that cutting the head off the snake will solve everyone's problems. Instead of going to Kings landing, have Bran warg and find out exactly where the Night King is now and kamikaze that fucker with Drogon. You could fly over a mountain and surprise him before he has a chance to react I'd think.

528.evs » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

I thought he can't get wet tho. he's always standing back.
I guess it's possible the NK would just freeze any water he comes in contact with (if that was true, though, he could have ended that fight much sooner...unless he knew Dany was coming and it was a trap) but the show has never really stated or demonstrated how water effects him.
seems logical to assume that since he didn't go chasing them in hardhome and them stopping at the edge of the water in Sunday's episode it's not good (for him)

User avatar 529.evs' Boytoy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I thought he can't get wet tho. he's always standing back.
I guess it's possible the NK would just freeze any water he comes in contact with (if that was true, though, he could have ended that fight much sooner...unless he knew Dany was coming and it was a trap) but the show has never really stated or demonstrated how water effects him.
I think eg may be correct. Otherwise, why not just go around the wall in the ocean? They're dead. They won't be much deader.

530.rynogator » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 am

I think it's possible the Night King knew what was going to happen and was prepared. I think he may be the white walker version of the 3 eyed raven

User avatar 531.DocZaius » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 am

Yeah, that's a popular theory.

532.Juggs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm

I think it's possible the Night King knew what was going to happen and was prepared. I think he may be the white walker version of the 3 eyed raven
Yeah, keep hearing the theory that the Night King set the trap, including the small scouting party for Jon to take out. Particularly because they suddenly have ice spears convenient for killing a dragon when those haven't been seen before.

That said, it's just as likely it's sloppy writing.

533.evs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah, keep hearing the theory that the Night King set the trap, including the small scouting party for Jon to take out. Particularly because they suddenly have ice spears convenient for killing a dragon when those haven't been seen before.

That said, it's just as likely it's sloppy writing.
haha

User avatar 534.Irish Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:33 am

I agree that the show is becoming more a typical, cop out show, but i liked the episode.

The Goonies in Middle Earth portion was entertaining. The dragon getting nuked sucked, but my drunk ass didn't even consider it becoming a zombie until it happened.
Wasn't crazy about the Sansa/Arya stuff. Seemed to soap opera-y to me.

535.rampart » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 am

The episode is getting panned pretty hard by a lot of reviewers, basically saying everything we've said here. The show has been straddling the line of disbelief for a while now but fell off the deep end with beyond the wall.

The whole winterfell story line is awful and although arya was creepy, I'm not sure why? Maybe the white walkers are coming south to stop this plague of monotone speaking from spreading throughout the world :beatsme:

536.Juggs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Maybe the white walkers are coming south to stop this plague of monotone speaking from spreading throughout the world :beatsme:
:lol:

User avatar 538.DocZaius » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pm

User avatar 539.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm

That's how they've been traveling around so quickly!

540.Fishon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:56 pm

That's how they've been traveling around so quickly!
:lol: :lol:

User avatar 541.ufgators68 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 am

I think Cersei may have pooped a little...

542.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:55 am

What a shit way for Thormund to go out.

543.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 am

I think Cersei may have pooped a little...
and just when sam goes back north

544.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:59 am

Did he die? I thought maybe he out ran the wall?

545.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:09 am

No way he could unless they played more time games or he grew wings and flew off the top of the wall. I'm sure they'll find a way around it but fuck, he had to zig zag down hundreds of feet of stairs with people in front of him.

546.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 am

No way he could unless they played more time games or he grew wings and flew off the top of the wall. I'm sure they'll find a way around it but fuck, he had to zig zag down hundreds of feet of stairs with people in front of him.
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see him go down the stairs, thought maybe he ran along the wall. But yes, tormand deserves better than that

547.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 am

Guess the unsullied made it out of the rock just fine

User avatar 548.DocZaius » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:59 am

Jamie ought to replace his gold hand with one made of Valyrian steel it dragon glass. Then he can just go north and start punching wights and white walkers.

549.Juggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:28 am

Now that I'm not on the phone

The Wight scene was awesome. Euron played his part well and what he said would actually be a smart play :lol: Westeros is the only place in danger, I'd GTFO.

Tyrion's scene with Cersei was great. And his going straight for the wine when he didn't become the quarter man. Still, he once again got completely played and out maneuvered. Dany's not going to like that....but I imagine Jamie will fill them in when he shows up. Not that he's any use with 1 hand.

The Arya/Sansa thing basically played out like predicted. Unfortunately, the fast pace they moved this season and LF not having much time on screen kinda takes the impact away from his death considering he caused the war of the 5 kings. Also, I'm a little annoyed with Arya's character as much as I like her. She left the Faceless Men because she was Arya Stark and she was going home. But she gets home and she acts like nothing but a Faceless man :|

I really wanted Theon to die.

I'm assuming Dany just got knocked up by her cousin. Or nephew? Pretty cool the way they revealed his name though in a Bran/Sam combo.

Can't they just make a big ass batch of wildfire and nuke the dead?
Last edited by Juggs on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

550.rampart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 am

Yeh, definitely agree with a lot of that. Especially the winterfell storyline. Again, I had a laugh at the producers after the episode when they actually commented that the viewer would really be worried for arya's life because of all the effort the show put into building up the tension between the two sisters. No, no they werent, no one was :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else