The Happy Holidays political thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 301.Denver-Gator » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Oh come on, any hint of Obama working with the Russians during the campaign. Cries of "Commie!" would have abounded around here.
I hardly think considering a building in Moscow is "working with the Russians".

How about Obama whispering to the russians that he'd have more flexibility after he got reelected.
I think you just proved their point right there
:lol:

And there's a bit more to this than a building project. Like, part of your inner circle meeting with Russian officials, and lying about it. But it's ok, look the other way just because there isn't a (D) by Trump's name

302.shutout » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:45 pm

OK, board trumptards: If Mueller draws a no-doubter straight line like this:

1) The literal government of Russia reached out to team Trump with an offer to strategically dump stolen emails from HRC in order to disrupt her election chances
2) Team Trump said yes with confirmation from Trump himself
3) The plan was executed with Trump's knowledge
4) Trump then got rid of Comey to try to impede an investigation into the above electioneering by a foreign power

Would you support his impeachment? That's election interference conspiracy and obstruction of justice - two very serious crimes.

Keep in mind that his impeachment gets you an actual republican president who is even more looney tunes than Trump, but less globally embarrassing.

303.9508 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Oh come on, any hint of Obama working with the Russians during the campaign. Cries of "Commie!" would have abounded around here.

How about Obama whispering to the russians that he'd have more flexibility after he got reelected.

304.Juggs » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:49 pm

1) The literal government of Russia reached out to team Trump with an offer to strategically dump stolen emails from HRC in order to disrupt her election chances
4) Trump then got rid of Comey to try to impede an investigation into the above electioneering by a foreign power

Would you support his impeachment? That's election interference conspiracy and obstruction of justice - two very serious crimes.

Keep in mind that his impeachment gets you an actual republican president who is even more looney tunes than Trump, but less globally embarrassing.
Absolutely, everyone should be held accountable.

305.shutout » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 pm

I count you more as a fellow rabid hillary hater than a trumptard. Lookin' at PG and HG2 here. :lol:

306.9508 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

This won’t happen.

We may never see the Mueller report. It will not be like ken Starr’s circus.

We are in new territory here. The only thing I know for certain is that Mueller hasn’t said much so far, and several people involved with the campaign are guilty of crimes that are not directly related too the election.

There has been wild speculation on the left of what it might mean, and definitive conclusions on the right (Mueller has found nothing!!!!) all based on a general lack of info.

307.Tommy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Not only accountable / impeached, beat the shit out of him, and chain him to VD
He’s dirtier than the “swamp” he’s “draining”.

308.52:20 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 pm

This won’t happen.

We are in new territory here. The only thing I know for certain is that Mueller hasn’t said much so far, and several people involved with the campaign are guilty of crimes that are not directly related too the election.

There has been wild speculation on the left of what it might mean, and definitive conclusions on the right (Mueller has found nothing!!!!) all based on a general lack of info.
Pretty much how VD described how this would go from the beginning.

309.Juggs » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 pm

I count you more as a fellow rabid hillary hater than a trumptard. Lookin' at PG and HG2 here. :lol:
Yep :lol:

310.9508 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:27 pm

This won’t happen.

No way he was this succinct.

311.HG 2.0 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Yep :lol:
I would have rather had a better opponent than trump .... but if it unfolds like that book-em danno...it won’t be a good scene either way.

User avatar 312.Irish Mike » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:34 pm

Were the posters here screaming about it for 2 years though?

313.9508 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Death Panel’d

314.rampart » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Not counting board crashes

User avatar 315.Irish Mike » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 pm

User avatar 316.Denver-Gator » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:11 pm

That might be a good metric, board crashes per president.

317.9508 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Can’t imagine where so many people get strange ideas about Presidential authority.

318.52:20 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:21 pm

This won’t happen.

I think he said he knew Mueller from having some local alcohol on a beach in the South China Sea.

319.MoralityULack » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm

I think he said he knew Mueller from having some local alcohol on a beach in the South China Sea.
Actually someone I have known since kindergarten was assistant director under Mueller. We had dinner in last year. I asked him about Mueller. He said if you want proof that Trump is a dumbass it is firing Comey and getting Mueller instead. He said Comey is well meaning, but maybe not up to the task. He said Mueller is the last man on earth he would want investigating him. He made fun of Giulliani for basking in the news when he arrested mobsters he couldn't convict. He said you wouldn't hear from Mueller. He is Sgt. Friday incarnate. Totally black and white. Was a law broken or not. Just the facts ma'am. He wasn't going to be making speeches. He is absolutely relentless and no detail is too small. He would not sleep until justice was done. People would get arrested and CONVICTED. And turn states evidence. Thats how he fought organized crime. And thats what we are seeing.

320.MoralityULack » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:09 am

Six White House officials have violated the Hatch Act, according to a letter from the Office of the Special Counsel to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington Executive Director Noah Bookbinder.

321.evil gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm

these are the kind of stories we go gaga for in DC, and prolly why the rest of the US hates us

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... d0143def0a

User avatar 322.evs' Boytoy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

these are the kind of stories we go gaga for in DC, and prolly why the rest of the US hates us

Kinda iffy on banging the author. I'll think about it.

User avatar 323.Denver-Gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Kinda iffy on banging the author. I'll think about it.
I'm kind of iffy about paying a buck to think about it.

324.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Is anything mueller uncovers going to change anyone's mind?

325.MoralityULack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Is anything mueller uncovers going to change anyone's mind?
Anyone is the operative word.

Trump could go on TV to announce Hispanic Americans would be rounded up and sent to concentration camps, that he has negotiated making the United States a state of the new Soviet Union, that he has turned over our nuclear arsenal to them, in exchange for them giving him all the 13 year old girls he wants to fuck and 33% of the most pious religious flag waving population of the country would approve.

But there is a gap between the 52% who don't want a treasonous Nazi child rapist president if he could turn water to gold and that 33%. I have never met one of these people, but supposedly they exist. They might care what Mueller says.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else