Hernandez the 7 part series

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.MoralityULack » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 am

Beaten as a child
Sexually abused as a child
Wanted to be a cheerleader
Had an affair with his quarterback
Enabled by Urban and Huntley
Apparently football is big money and football players are above the law.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/gladiator/

Chapter 1 apparently has the juicy stuff. I looked at chapter 2 (UF). It wanted to make me pay to read another part. So choose wisely.

User avatar 2.RIP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 am

Holy shit

3.MoralityULack » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 am

Holy shit
Im not sure there was any big revelations in the UF part. Urban would use his crippled mother as a tackling dummy and Huntley had endless funds to fix anything. Urban remembers nothing. Some assistant must have done anything that was done wrong. But thats not news.

It may be old news, but the one thing I don't recall..... When he first got to Florida a bar tender asked Hernandez to pay a $12 tab. Hernandez went off and sucker punched the bartender and busted his eardrum which would have been a felony. Cops called. Huntley showed up and fixed it and no charges were pressed.

Tebow was the only guy with him.

User avatar 4.RIP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:56 am

Holy shit
Im not sure there was any big revelations in the UF part. Urban would use his crippled mother as a tackling dummy and Huntley had endless funds to fix anything. Urban remembers nothing. Some assistant must have done anything that was done wrong. But thats not news.

It may be old news, but the one thing I don't recall..... When he first got to Florida a bar tender asked Hernandez to pay a $12 tab. Hernandez went off and sucker punched the bartender and busted his eardrum which would have been a felony. Cops called. Huntley showed up and fixed it and no charges were pressed.

Was that the actual Sign Crew in the article?

User avatar 5.Irish Mike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:14 am

Holy shit

Can't be. Doesn't say MEYEN

User avatar 6.99inNC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm

I've heard about the sucker punch to the bartender.

7.Tommy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Sad story, abuse to a young child usually causes ptsd that actually changes the brain, negatively.

8.Juggs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Sad story, abuse to a young child usually causes ptsd that actually changes the brain, negatively.
I'm guessing there is physical damage to the brain when a kid is abused. Studies are now showing football players get brain damage from just being tackled, not just taking shots to the head. The fragility of a kid, let alone the noggin....

9.Tommy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Not necessarily physical, but good point, think the change can be more of a bio chemical change, don’t really understand it enough to put it into words. But, most never recover fully from sexual abuse as a child, its a very life altering burden.

10.evil gator » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 pm

meh its pretty easy with hindsight to say "UF SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HE WAS A SERIAL KILLER!" plenty of players from troubled backgrounds get a shot or two or three even after they screw up and turn out to be nice people. I am far from an Urban fan but ffs, was he supposed to look at all these "troubling signs" as its easy for a sensational journalist to do now? There are probably things UF could have done better, but it's ridiculous to point to college football as enabling him to become a murderer.

User avatar 11.RIP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Can't be. Doesn't say MEYEN
I'm gonna need a pic of the sign crew to compare
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else