Galaxy S9 vs. Iphone X

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Because I'm not counting on it buried in another thread.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the S9. Anyone have any experience with that or the X?

2.9508 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:01 pm

They are both great devices. If you are doing the S9 consider the S9 note. Really good battery on that model.

Provided they don’t t start blowing up.

User avatar 3.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:03 pm

I've been looking into getting a new phone and have determined I'll wait until the galaxy s10 comes out. If I had to choose right now I'd probably go with the iPhone Xs since the processor blows the snapdragon away.

4.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:05 pm

They are both great devices. If you are doing the S9 consider the S9 note. Really good battery on that model.

The note (and the 9 plus) is also noticeably bigger. That's a trade off...I hate that they're getting bigger again.

5.MoralityULack » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 pm

I had an iPhone 4?5? Went to Samsung ??? didnt like upgrades - or lack thereof. Had a companion tablet the Samsung never upgraded and the battery now lasts about 15 minutes. Both leaked power when "off". iPhone last a LOT longer. Didn't like Google music limits. I went back to iPhone 7?s? and iPad.

That said - $1200 for a phone is absurd. I may never upgrade again
Last edited by MoralityULack on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm

I've been looking into getting a new phone and have determined I'll wait until the galaxy s10 comes out. If I had to choose right now I'd probably go with the iPhone Xs since the processor blows the snapdragon away.
I don't care for the removal of the home button on the X.

User avatar 7.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:09 pm

One already caught fire in a lady's purse.

8.9508 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:11 pm

One already caught fire in a lady's purse.
Well there ya go.

User avatar 9.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

I have the S8+. I hear the S9 isn't that much of an upgrade.

10.9508 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:14 pm

It’s not. Better battery, more memory, a little better processor a little better camera. Like most devices these days. Iterative improvements.

But almost no one uses the potential of their phones anyway.

11.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:16 pm

It’s not. Better battery, more memory, a little better processor a little better camera. Like most devices these days. Iterative improvements.

Yep. Although, for like $5 a month difference, no reason to not get the 9 and just not start off another year behind.

12.9508 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Yep. Although, for like $5 a month difference, no reason to not get the 9 and just not start off another year behind.
Well sure. Point is most people would be good with an iPhone 8 or a cheaper device you can get for 50 bucks. But we want the new new...

User avatar 13.DocZaius » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Another option: they just released the Google Pixel 3, which means the Pixel 2 will probably be coming down in price. I love my Pixel XL, best phone I've ever owned (although I admit I never buy the latest and greatest).

14.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Well sure. Point is most people would be good with an iPhone 8 or a cheaper device you can get for 50 bucks. But we want the new new...
True, but Apple has a reputation for finding a way to fuck people to force them into upgrading sooner than they'd like. Or doing shit like releasing an OS update that they know will kill the battery life and capabilities of older model phones.

15.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:54 pm

and the Iphone 8 is about the same price as an S9....f'n apple

User avatar 16.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Another option: they just released the Google Pixel 3, which means the Pixel 2 will probably be coming down in price. I love my Pixel XL, best phone I've ever owned (although I admit I never buy the latest and greatest).
My Galaxy S4 is clunking away just fine. :kicking:

User avatar 17.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm

:lol: Mine, too.

18.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm

:lol: Mine, too.
It's hard to break your phone when you left it in the couch cushion for 3 days

User avatar 19.ufgators68 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

What ever you do, don't go with the iphone 7. We have had 2 dozen lose ear speaker function. All you hear is crackling.

20.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm

What ever you do, don't go with the iphone 7. We have had 2 dozen lose ear speaker function. All you hear is crackling.
Going with Galaxy 9S. Not even going with the plus. Don't want the extra size or payment.

21.Tommy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Have a 7, i guess for 4 years, no issues, battery still good

22.Juggs » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am

Got the S9. Going back from iPhone to android OS takes getting use to. I lost a lot in the move. Ugh

23.9508 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:44 am

Man you fucked up. Enjoy hating your phone.

Just kidding, all of the new devices are amazing.

24.Juggs » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 am

:lol: it's a wash either way. Ones a tad faster, one has a tad better battery. Neither is 4 years old and dying constantly. Forgot about the sales tax and 11 all the accessories though. $250 for just that today. Wireless charging is pretty neat though.

User avatar 25.panamag8or » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 am

:lol: it's a wash either way. Ones a tad faster, one has a tad better battery. Neither is 4 years old and dying constantly. Forgot about the sales tax and 11 all the accessories though. $250 for just that today. Wireless charging is pretty neat though.
I have the wireless charging, but since I put the metal plate in my case for the magnetic car mount, it won't work. Physics is bullshit.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else