Home/family general complaint thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 pm

My husband and I are generally pretty good about loading/unloading the dishwasher, taking out the trash and keeping the kitchen tidy, but we ran a very full dishwasher sunday night and haven't yet emptied it and dishes are stacking up. Not sure who will break first.

2.gatorbreeze » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Game of dishes?

User avatar 3.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:44 pm

My MIL stuffs the shit out of the dishwasher. She doesn't grasp the concept that if water can't reach a dish, it won't get clean.

4.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Damn I miss having a dish washer

5.evil gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm

My MIL stuffs the shit out of the dishwasher. She doesn't grasp the concept that if water can't reach a dish, it won't get clean.
we have come to an understanding about filling it; I guess this an accomplishment because his brother won't let his wife fill theirs.

User avatar 6.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks, eg, for starting this thread. I have a feeling it will become the pan bitch thread. I could make multiple daily posts.

7.Tommy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:49 pm

This is like reading about the special olympics

8.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:49 pm

we have come to an understanding about filling it; I guess this an accomplishment because his brother won't let his wife fill theirs.
I can't count how many times I reogranized the dish washer after a woman filled it up. So inefficient.

9.evil gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm

I can't count how many times I reogranized the dish washer after a woman filled it up. So inefficient.
My husband thinks he has the best system too, but it's not

User avatar 10.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Yep. And, for god's sake, use the heated dry. It pisses me off when top rack tupperware dumps water on the bottom rack stuff.

11.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 pm

I don't think of it as a system...I think of it as putting shit where it should be :lol: Plates go down the fucking isles, not diagonal. I could easily put way more dishes in there with simple organization than carelessly putting them at the first place your hand lands.

User avatar 12.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 pm

We stopped using our dishwasher years ago. We just wash them immediately but the fucking drying rack ends up just as full as a dishwasher and nobody wants to put them away :lol:

13.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:59 pm

We stopped using our dishwasher years ago. We just wash them immediately but the fucking drying rack ends up just as full as a dishwasher and nobody wants to put them away :lol:
I have 2 of those drying mats side by side and routinely fill them both of :lol:

14.HG 2.0 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Bullshit...we know what we are doing.
I swear Mrs HG2 comes behind me and undoes my reorganization efforts, just to piss me off..

User avatar 15.DocZaius » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Yep. And, for god's sake, use the heated dry. It pisses me off when top rack tupperware dumps water on the bottom rack stuff.
Dammit, my wife does the same thing! She thinks she's saving all this energy. She does usually organize them pretty well, but we do sometimes have face-offs about who's going to put away the clean dishes.

16.evil gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Dammit, my wife does the same thing! She thinks she's saving all this energy. She does usually organize them pretty well, but we do sometimes have face-offs about who's going to put away the clean dishes.
this is the longest we've ever gone I think. I'm not sure what is going to happen. We aren't pissy about anything else that I know about. I even made his lunch salad this AM because I got up early.

User avatar 17.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm

this is the longest we've ever gone I think. I'm not sure what is going to happen. We aren't pissy about anything else that I know about. I even made his lunch salad this AM because I got up early.
Don't blink first!

User avatar 18.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Kids can't seem to load the dishwasher or even pay attention to see if dirty dishes are in it. Nope, dishes in the sink.
Kids can't seem to find the garbage can outside because the kitchen trash will overflow so the lid won't shut and yet.....it just sits there.
Kids can't completely do laundry. I'm constantly finding shit in the washing machine and/or dryer. Their towels smell like ass from souring.
Kids do not have the concept of running the vacuum. This is critically important with a newborn living among three cats and a dog. The hair builds up quickly.
Kids have no concept of working together to prep and cook meals. If I don't cook, there's a very real chance nobody will. Then they run out for fast food.

They've taken the living room and the hall. We've retreated to the master bedroom. We cannot get out. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.

19.Juggs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:55 pm

:lol:

I did all of that shit except cooking from a pretty young age. And a whole lot more. I didn't have a choice and half assing it wasn't an option either.

20.evil gator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:01 pm

aren't your kids grown jabs?

User avatar 21.panamag8or » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Kids can't seem to load the dishwasher or even pay attention to see if dirty dishes are in it. Nope, dishes in the sink.
Kids can't seem to find the garbage can outside because the kitchen trash will overflow so the lid won't shut and yet.....it just sits there.
Kids can't completely do laundry. I'm constantly finding shit in the washing machine and/or dryer. Their towels smell like ass from souring.
Kids do not have the concept of running the vacuum. This is critically important with a newborn living among three cats and a dog. The hair builds up quickly.
Kids have no concept of working together to prep and cook meals. If I don't cook, there's a very real chance nobody will. Then they run out for fast food.

They've taken the living room and the hall. We've retreated to the master bedroom. We cannot get out. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.
Sounds like my house, except it's grown-ass adults. We don't have garbage service, so my in-laws let 6-7 bags collect in the dining room until my lazy-ass BIL gets his ass off the couch to take it to the dump, usually on a trip to dollar general, where they like to grocery shop.

User avatar 22.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm

they are grown and have procreated. jabs is a softy.

User avatar 23.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Yes. The oldest and his woman moved back in last June and then spit out another one a month later.

24.Tommy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:13 pm

my 7yo is a pig

25.rampart » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:52 pm

My husband and I are generally pretty good about loading/unloading the dishwasher, taking out the trash and keeping the kitchen tidy, but we ran a very full dishwasher sunday night and haven't yet emptied it and dishes are stacking up. Not sure who will break first.
I’m playing this game now. I know how it will end just delaying the inevitable
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else