History Tards

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 am

Last edited by Juggs on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 2.GFY » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 am

BBC?

3.MoralityULack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:49 am

Agree. BBC is cool.

4.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am

dammit, the link worked for me.

5.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am

I shouldn't have had to put the link tag on it....but there it is.

6.MoralityULack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am

But this begs the question of why some of the petroglyphs depict animals like hippos and rhinoceroses which aren't found in this part of India. Did the people who created them migrate to India from Africa? Or were these animals once found in India?
Interesting

7.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah that's the part that really made it interesting. We know advanced civilizations existed 10,000 BC and earlier. When we find that they knew about animals not native to their land (to our knowledge), it gets more interesting.

I also read an article on the cross breeding between Neanderthals and one of those other cave men at the time. People in South America share DNA with someone who had to have crossed the Pacific a loooong time ago

8.shutout » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:04 pm

But this begs the question of why some of the petroglyphs depict animals like hippos and rhinoceroses which aren't found in this part of India. Did the people who created them migrate to India from Africa? Or were these animals once found in India?
Interesting
That's retarded. There are still fn rhinos in India. Hippos are invasive and have lived all over the world.

9.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Interesting
That's retarded. There are still fn rhinos in India. Hippos are invasive and have lived all over the world.
I think the timeline is what's in question.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else