lil numby's miss st road trip review

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.lil numby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

starkville is too small to handle gameday weekends. every bar in "town" was overflowing with people. though my buddy took it upon himself to play my cancer card and we ended up on a private patio lol

campus is small but seemed decent, but to be fair i had pretty low expectations going in

tailgating is pretty good as there is plenty of open green space immediately around the stadium. our group had one of those rental tailgating deals where a company sets up the tents, tables, and chairs and provides satellite TV. it was a sweet arrangement being able to just bring in your booze and everything else is taken care off.

chris chiozza's cousin from nashville was at our tailgate and we chatted about him and the stupidity of vandy's arena

MSU's fans were nice hosts, which is understandable considering they don't have the sort of program history that turns people into assholes

the new metal detector rules suuuuuuuuuuuucked. giant clusterfuck and took almost 30 minutes to get in.

2.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:40 pm

There are metal detector rules now?

3.lil numby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

yeah, from the SEC. i think schools have a few years to be compliant but they're being rolled out already.

4.shutout » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:45 pm

thanks for the invite, dickbag.

5.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:49 pm

yeah, from the SEC. i think schools have a few years to be compliant but they're being rolled out already.
So they stop every 'neck in the south with a pocket knife? :lol: Yikes

6.PG. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Them cowbells are plastic?

User avatar 7.RIP » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Confession time: I have never been to an away game.

User avatar 8.ufgators68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:16 pm

starkville is too small to handle gameday weekends. every bar in "town" was overflowing with people. though my buddy took it upon himself to play my cancer card and we ended up on a private patio lol

campus is small but seemed decent, but to be fair i had pretty low expectations going in

tailgating is pretty good as there is plenty of open green space immediately around the stadium. our group had one of those rental tailgating deals where a company sets up the tents, tables, and chairs and provides satellite TV. it was a sweet arrangement being able to just bring in your booze and everything else is taken care off.

chris chiozza's cousin from nashville was at our tailgate and we chatted about him and the stupidity of vandy's arena

MSU's fans were nice hosts, which is understandable considering they don't have the sort of program history that turns people into assholes

the new metal detector rules suuuuuuuuuuuucked. giant clusterfuck and took almost 30 minutes to get in.
Friend of mine said there were some rather drunk Gators there. Any of these belong to y'all? :lol:

imagejpeg_0_1538507601991.jpg
imagejpeg_0_1538507601991.jpg (253.5 KiB) Viewed 175 times

9.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Ditto.

10.gatorbreeze » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Ditto.
Same here.

User avatar 11.ufgators68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Dafuq? My no vacationing ass has been to several. :lol:

12.PG. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Only been to Auburn (Noah Brindise pulled out a win) and FSU (Zooks farewell)

User avatar 13.DocZaius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:54 pm

The only "away" game I've been to is the 1999 SEC Championship Game where we got our asses handed to us by Alabama.

Unless you count Florida-Georgia as an "away" game, which I really don't. I've been to several of those. Oh, and the 1997 Citrus Bowl where Fred Taylor beat the pants off of Penn State.

Edit: forgot the 1993 game at UK. So I guess I have, but I was living in Lexington at the time, so I didn't have to travel.
Last edited by DocZaius on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 14.Denver-Gator » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

I've been to one at FSU, Gator win in the 80s. And a few at Miami. Most notably the 1985 game where the Kerwin Bell led Gators beat the Vinnie Testaverde led 'canes.

15.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 pm

The only "away" game I've been to is the 1999 SEC Championship Game where we got our asses handed to us by Alabama.

Unless you count Florida-Georgia as an "away" game, which I really don't. I've been to several of those. Oh, and the 1997 Citrus Bowl where Fred Taylor beat the pants off of Penn State.
A coworker still owes me $5 from that UF/PSU Citrus bowl

User avatar 16.panamag8or » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:16 pm

True road games:
84 FSU
85 LSU
98 Bama

Several neutral site games in jax, tampa
One bowl game
One SECCG

User avatar 17.evs' Boytoy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Wrapped up the east in '95 when the game was in Athens. Of all road trips, Auburn is probably the place I've been most. '96 Sugar, an Outback Bowl and the Citrus the year Plaxico Burress broke the Gators' backs. I was so f'n hungover at that Citrus bowl game. We were up until probably 3AM doing rails and then had to be down there for an 11AM kick. Thought I was going to puke climbing the stadium.

18.9508 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Been to Alabama, Kentucky, Vandy, auburn (fuck them), South Carolina.

19.Tommy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Been to a shit ton of UF/fsu games, usually drunk and raising hell, seems like sober i really dont want to go put up with those sniveling cocksuckers.

20.lil numby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Friend of mine said there were some rather drunk Gators there. Any of these belong to y'all? :lol:

negative, but based on the photo if i was there with someone like the orange dude i'd leave

21.HG 2.0 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 pm

negative, but based on the photo if i was there with someone like the orange dude i'd leave
By the way ..... you earned the right to use the cancer card..... by proud

User avatar 22.GFY » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Been to FB games @ UK, SC, and Knox.

Been to BB games @ SC and UK

23.HG 2.0 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Tuscaloosa
Columbia SC
Moral Victory Island (tn)
Lexington
Sugar Bowl
Orange Bowl
Citrus Bowl
Gator Bowl
SEC CGs

User avatar 24.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:08 am

Speaking of SEC champ games, Birmingham is a shit hole.

25.gatorbreeze » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 am

Speaking of SEC champ games, Birmingham is a shit hole.
This is true and it jogged a brain cell or 2, I DID go to away game there in 1987, the first game Emmitt started...he ran for 200+ yards and destroyed Bama, who was coached by Bill Curry. We camped out in Hoover that night and consumed mass quantities of Alcohol, were very loud and obnoxious. It was glorious. :numby: :numby: :numby:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else