Smart bulbs

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm

The ultimate in first world excessiveness....

so who has smart bulbs?

User avatar 2.panamag8or » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm

:159:

User avatar 3.RIP » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

I've thought about installing a smart outlet in case I forget to unplug my vaporizer before leaving the house.

4.MoralityULack » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm

I don't.

But lights going on and off while you are traveling is a good thing to have - however you choose to implement that feature.

5.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm

I don't.

But lights going on and off while you are traveling is a good thing to have - however you choose to implement that feature.
I've considered this. Though I have neighbors that are always home and I don't worry about it, being able to turn on lights at random times when you're gone for a while is pretty cool.

6.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:42 pm

I've thought about installing a smart outlet in case I forget to unplug my vaporizer before leaving the house.
Of course that's the reason :lol:

I'm considering it because my daughter always turns on the lights on the floor lamps that she can reach, which are eye level for me and I fucking hate it :oops: Her being able to have the higher lights turned on easily would be nice.

User avatar 7.panamag8or » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 pm

I have one for the coffee maker, so I can start the coffee before I roll out of bed. It's all about efficiency... and minimizing my wait time for caffeine.

User avatar 8.Denver-Gator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:20 pm

I have a Wemo switch connected to some lights on the detached garage's patio. The Wemo is wifi connected to an Echo dot, so all I have to do is say Alexa, turn on garage and they come on. Very convenient for what we use it for.

9.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:43 pm

I have a Wemo switch connected to some lights on the detached garage's patio. The Wemo is wifi connected to an Echo dot, so all I have to do is say Alexa, turn on garage and they come on. Very convenient for what we use it for.
Yeah I'm thinking about doing that for my porch lights. Or I guess I could finally just replace my motion light fixture :oops:

User avatar 10.Denver-Gator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Yeah I'm thinking about doing that for my porch lights. Or I guess I could finally just replace my motion light fixture :oops:
We really didn't want these lights to be on a motion detector. I had a leftover Wemo switch I wasn't using and got an Echo for Christmas. Then the nerd in me figured out I could use it that way.

11.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 pm

We really didn't want these lights to be on a motion detector. I had a leftover Wemo switch I wasn't using and got an Echo for Christmas. Then the nerd in me figured out I could use it that way.
No, they wouldn't be in a motion detector. Mine died and if I'm not using the garage, coming home at night sucks because I never turn on the lights. These lights would solve that if I'm too lazy to replace the motion detector

12.Juggs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 pm

13.shutout » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:26 pm

This is gayer than a groupon for buttplugs.

User avatar 14.GFY » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 am

:giggle:

User avatar 15.Denver-Gator » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:21 am

I have one for the coffee maker, so I can start the coffee before I roll out of bed. It's all about efficiency... and minimizing my wait time for caffeine.
Finally got rid of the clapper

16.Tommy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 am

Divorce?

User avatar 17.ufgators68 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Divorce?
Penicillin.

18.gatorbreeze » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Finally got rid of the clap.
Fify.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else