FDA targets GOOP and other quacks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:55 pm

2.Juggs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:39 pm

If you fall for that shit, you deserve the burns :lol:

User avatar 3.Denver-Gator » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

User avatar 4.99inNC » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm

We have an acquaintance who is on FB all the time telling people to stop listening to their physicians, stop taking antibiotics, don't take any pharmaceutical medications, CBD oil is the only thing you should take for autoimmune disorders...etc. She's an annoying freak and all she's trying to do is hawk her products and charge people to be their life/health coach without any of the accreditation.

5.9508 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Yeah.... this shit has gotten insane.

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:39 pm

tell Dr. Google she's a f'n idiot. Or wait until Juggs is on his lunch break.

7.evil gator » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm

We have an acquaintance who is on FB all the time telling people to stop listening to their physicians, stop taking antibiotics, don't take any pharmaceutical medications, CBD oil is the only thing you should take for autoimmune disorders...etc. She's an annoying freak and all she's trying to do is hawk her products and charge people to be their life/health coach without any of the accreditation.
yeah its amazing how the people who rail on against "big pharma" are the ones who are shilling snake oil. Pretty much any food or drug criticism comes from this.

the "nature" fallacy is so stupid

User avatar 8.99inNC » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm

yeah its amazing how the people who rail on against "big pharma" are the ones who are shilling snake oil. Pretty much any food or drug criticism comes from this.

She has a bachelors degree from over 20 years ago, with no specialized training. She knows everything, Evs. Except for all advancements in medical science since then, except for the agreed talking points that her direct marketing company has given her.

9.evil gator » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:45 pm

She has a bachelors degree from over 20 years ago, with no specialized training. She knows everything, Evs. Except for all advancements in medical science since then, except for the agreed talking points that her direct marketing company has given her.
yes people who aren't doctors pharmacists or farmers know a lot more about that stuff.

I started listening to the audio book of the "The Death of Expertise" and got too angry and had to stop.

User avatar 10.99inNC » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 pm

yes people who aren't doctors pharmacists or farmers know a lot more about that stuff.

I started listening to the audio book of the "The Death of Expertise" and got too angry and had to stop.
My wife is ready to declare a fatwa against her.

11.evil gator » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:50 pm

My wife is ready to declare a fatwa against her.
Awesome good for her.

I was told to back off my sis in law who was going on about homeopathy, which is just idiotic but all over europe so must be right.

12.Tommy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

I prefer glyphosate as a homeopatic cure all, moreso than CBD

User avatar 13.99inNC » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Gwyneth apparently realizes that her recommendations are dumb enough to make fun of on SNL.

14.evil gator » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Gwyneth apparently realizes that her recommendations are dumb enough to make fun of on SNL.
yeah its hard for me to quit her (as a performer, she's very good)

but that is how satan will come NC, as a pretty, charming, harmless seeming person, and next thing you know you're sticking cobwebs in your hoohah

User avatar 15.evs' Boytoy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:44 pm

:lol:

User avatar 16.99inNC » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm

yeah its hard for me to quit her (as a performer, she's very good)

but that is how satan will come NC, as a pretty, charming, harmless seeming person, and next thing you know you're sticking cobwebs in your hoohah
I love that "Parks & Rec" lampooned her so perfectly.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else