Masonic Juggs...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.panamag8or » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Where are you guys moving to?

Masonic Hall to become Tom Petty community center/music museum.

http://www.gmhfi.org

User avatar 2.Cus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Here would be a shorter drive.

3.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 am

No idea, 41 isn’t my Lodge. Mine is on 9th St. I’m out of the loop now since meeting night is one of the nights I always have the kid.

I know they don’t want to leave that building, but it’s in desperate need of repairs. A million to fully restore the building. Hundreds of thousands on the roof alone. They’ve been considering this for a while.

My guess is they’d temporarily use our Lodge. It’s also been tossed around due to the age and maintenance of many, basically all, the lodges in our district go in together and build one large building with enough Lodge Rooms to house each of us.

User avatar 4.Denver-Gator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:30 am

Are you saying that there are enough Masons still kicking around to occupy more than one building in Gainesville?

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:38 am

Are you saying that there are enough Masons still kicking around to occupy more than one building in Gainesville?
You know too much. Sorry.

6.shutout » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

You know too much. Sorry.
I already pm'd RIP.

7.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Towns, not just Gainesville (Archer, Gainesville, High Springs, Newberry)...which I doubt will happen. But yes, both Lodges in Gainesville are fairly active. Hundreds of members each, maybe 20-30 active on a regular basis each.

8.evil gator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 pm

are they, uh, segregated?

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Yes. Aprons and Fezzes. Do NOT cross that line.

10.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Depends on the state. The vast majority of blacks choose to segregate themselves with the Prince Hall Masons. There are some minorities in Gainesville Lodges.

11.evil gator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Depends on the state. The vast majority of blacks choose to segregate themselves with the Prince Hall Masons. There are some minorities in Gainesville Lodges.
hahahhaha

12.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:04 pm

hahahhaha
In Masonry it's true. Most of them have higher dues than we do.

User avatar 13.angrigator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

hahahhaha
So you are saying they are a bit uppity huh. .....

14.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm

hahahhaha
So you are saying they are a bit uppity huh. .....
For who they accept, yes actually. However, I've never met a black mason who wasn't the among the friendliest people I've met. Always very jovial.

True story: a Past Master of Prince Hall was asked by a friend why their dues were so high. The guy answered, "How do you think we keep the niggers out?" :lol:

15.evil gator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm

of course

User avatar 16.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I bet the Prince Hall secret handshake is bad ass.

User avatar 17.Cus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:41 pm

:jay:

18.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 pm

I hope they pimped it up. Now there's like 27 steps
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else