Them Duke boys in trouble with the law again

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.DocZaius » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... -time.html
Former “Dukes of Hazzard” and “Smallville” star John Schneider is facing some jail time over unpaid spousal support.

According to TMZ, Schneider has been ordered by a judge to serve some light jail time for at least a few days after not paying his estranged wife, Elvira Castle. The outlet reports he’ll spend three days in Los Angeles County jail for not paying up for delinquent alimony that he owed.

Monday’s ruling came after the 57-year-old actor missed a March deadline to pay more than $150,000. TMZ notes that he was told by a judge at the time to transfer his property to Elvira if he couldn’t make the payments. He reportedly did not, meaning 240 hours of community service was also added to his sentence in addition to the days in jail.
To be fair, if I'm an out-of-work actor, a few days in jail is preferable to writing a $150,000 check to my ex-wife.

2.evil gator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Elvira Castle seems like she'd be impatient if owed $$$

3.Juggs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Spousal support/alimony is bullshit anyway in most cases.

User avatar 4.99inNC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm

That's a lot of alimony. I guess that guest spot on "Home Improvement" back in the 90's doesn't pay the same royalties that Tim Allen sees.

User avatar 5.RIP » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Yeah it's some outdated bullshit. Males generally get fucked when it comes to all things divorce.

6.HG 2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Yeah it's some outdated bullshit. Males generally get fucked when it comes to all things divorce.
I told my attorney that I understand why certain bad things happen to ex wives.

(Off the record, of course)

User avatar 7.DocZaius » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm

I married a woman who makes more money than me - if she wants out, she's going to have to pay me and not the other way around.

User avatar 8.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I used to love her
then I had to bill her

9.HG 2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm

I married a woman who makes more money than me - if she wants out, she's going to have to pay me and not the other way around.
Yeah, Georgia is an equitable distribution state....so I could have gotten hammered.....I’m just thankful she took my settlement without question
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else