MIL

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

My mother in law passed away this weekend. We had a checkered relationship, but she had one of her kids with her and didn't seem to suffer.

User avatar 2.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Is your man back in the country and is he taking it OK? .

3.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm

nah he gets back tomorrow, I think he's okay but tough to tell. She was pretty mean to him and he tried to be a good son, so its rough whatever the circumstances. AND my wacky bro in law keeps texting him to hurry back, he thinks the sisters are conspiring, to do what I don't know, take all of her hummel figurines? Trying to get out of the funeral etc without any physical assaults.

4.Gino » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Sorry EG. Condolences to the Mr.

5.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:32 pm

can I say the craziest thing? They all have big noses in the family, and she at one point had a nose job and told everyone it was so none of her kids would feel the need to get one??? Wtf. Like get a nose job if you want one, not because its noble to do so.

6.Gino » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Yeah, thats fucked up.

7.Juggs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:37 pm

can I say the craziest thing? They all have big noses in the family, and she at one point had a nose job and told everyone it was so none of her kids would feel the need to get one??? Wtf. Like get a nose job if you want one, not because its noble to do so.
That's pretty bass ackwards.

Sounds like no big loss :beatsme:

8.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm

yeah and the thing is they all accept it as another selfless act by her, its like mind control. when I tried to bring it up as odd they all looked at me

can't wait for the shit to fly at the funeral esp my unhinged bro in law who has lots of weapons.

User avatar 9.Irish Mike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Sorry, egs.

10.Fishon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:29 pm

yeah and the thing is they all accept it as another selfless act by her, its like mind control. when I tried to bring it up as odd they all looked at me

can't wait for the shit to fly at the funeral esp my unhinged bro in law who has lots of weapons.
your husband isn't a member of the bluth family is he?

11.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:30 pm

your husband isn't a member of the bluth family is he?
there are some similarities

User avatar 12.99inNC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Sorry for you and your husband's loss, Evs. Even when there is a less than stellar relationship, it's still hard and weird.

13.Supes44444 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Sorry for you husband Evs. Family death sucks regardless whether you get along with them or not.

14.gatorbreeze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Condolences to you and your husband.

15.Tommy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Sorry eg

User avatar 16.ufgators68 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Sorry eg.

17.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:19 pm

thanks peeps!

18.Juggs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Family death sucks regardless whether you get along with them or not.
I really don't think this is true :oops:

I can't wait for my uncle to die :lol:

19.Supes44444 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Family death sucks regardless whether you get along with them or not.
I really don't think this is true :oops:

I can't wait for my uncle to die :lol:
Yeah but a lot of times there are estates and a shit show to follow.

User avatar 20.angrigator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Quick question. Who, if anybody, assumes the debt of the recently deceased?

User avatar 21.RIP » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:47 pm

If there is no spouse then it doesn't transfer to anybody. I'm sure they'd come after the estate though.

22.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:01 pm

nobody IME. When my mom passed away she still owed on her house and they tried to tell my siblings and I we owned, even with scary letters but lawyers told us we did not and nothing ever happened to us. This was in Illinois but I think its for other states as well.

23.HG 2.0 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Sorry to hear this. Hope the services go off without drama, but if it happens, be safe!

User avatar 24.Cus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Better pay some shit off soon.

User avatar 25.Cus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Sorry to hear this. Hope the services go off without drama, but if it happens, be safe!
And remember to video in landscape.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else