MIL

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.panamag8or » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear this. Hope the services go off without drama, but if it happens, be safe!
And remember to video in landscape.
Yes, we expect amazing tales.

27.9508 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Sorry for your loss and especially for the shit storm likely to ensue. I’ve had deaths in the family Bri g folks closer, and had them create schisms that never ended. I hope things remain reasonably peaceful.

28.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Sorry for your loss and especially for the shit storm likely to ensue. I’ve had deaths in the family Bri g folks closer, and had them create schisms that never ended. I hope things remain reasonably peaceful.
that's good. I have only known the schisms. My poor husband is the only one who all his nutty sibs talk to and they are going to put him in impossible situations as peacemaker. They are so awful they have literally put him in the hospital with dangerously high blood pressure at family gatherings. I guess if no one else dies it will be a victory.

29.9508 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 pm

That’s the worst. The kid that’s the adult in the crowd invariably gets shit on.

30.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

I can already hear the favorite whining that everything is getting dumped on her because she will do everything to control

User avatar 31.Cus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 pm

I can already hear the favorite whining that everything is getting dumped on her because she will do everything to control
I hate people like that.

32.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm

I hate people like that.
I can just see her lashing out saying something nasty to me/my husband, and I am working on my Cus-Jesus higher ground of forgiveness and practicing responding with "sorry for your loss" and "she had a good long life"

It is a struggle though.

User avatar 33.Cus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:48 pm

I hate people like that.
I can just see her lashing out saying something nasty to me/my husband, and I am working on my Cus-Jesus higher ground of forgiveness and practicing responding with "sorry for your loss" and "she had a good long life"

It is a struggle though.
Forgiveness is one thing, allowing her to put undue pressure on you and the Mr or trying to make the two of you her punching bag is another. Jesus forgave but he didn't take bullshit off of idiots either.

Put another way: establishing boundaries and enforcing them, sternly if necesarry, isn't being unforgiving.

User avatar 34.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm

"Look, honey, how would you like to be in the hole next to your mother?"

35.evil gator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm

I hate people like that.

It is a struggle though.
Forgiveness is one thing, allowing her to put undue pressure on you and the Mr or trying to make the two of you her punching bag is another. Jesus forgave but he didn't take bullshit off of idiots either.

Put another way: establishing boundaries and enforcing them, sternly if necesarry, isn't being unforgiving.
um, have we met?

Yes, that's a good point but sometimes in the heat of the moment its easy to confuse not taking BS and letting it go.

36.gatorbreeze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm

:lol: short but effective.

37.HG 2.0 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm

:lol: short but effective.
VERY EFFECTIVE

User avatar 38.angrigator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Quick question. Who, if anybody, assumes the debt of the recently deceased?
Better pay some shit off soon.
I don’t have any debt except one car that’s about halfway paid off. I was referring to my MIL who keeps co-signing loans for her deadbeat grandchillin.

User avatar 39.panamag8or » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Quick question. Who, if anybody, assumes the debt of the recently deceased?
I don’t have any debt except one car that’s about halfway paid off. I was referring to my MIL who keeps co-signing loans for her deadbeat grandchillin.
Wouldn't those deadbeats be your chiilin?

User avatar 40.angrigator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Wouldn't those deadbeats be your chiilin?
My wife is one of five children. It’s the other grands. Mine are doing quite well.

User avatar 41.Gator Rio » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear egs. Sounds like it will be a challenging time w/the family. Hope you & your husband keep the crazies at bay & make it through w/out too much drama.

42.evil gator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Sorry to hear egs. Sounds like it will be a challenging time w/the family. Hope you & your husband keep the crazies at bay & make it through w/out too much drama.
Thanks! one strategy is to keep it as short as possible, though there will be complaints about that.

Just talking to a coworker whose FIL just died; at his funeral a daughter no one ever knew about showed up.

43.HG 2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks! one strategy is to keep it as short as possible, though there will be complaints about that.

Just talking to a coworker whose FIL just died; at his funeral a daughter no one ever knew about showed up.
Sorry, but that struck me as funny.

User avatar 44.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Sorry, but that struck me as funny.
Same. That's some soap opera shit.

45.MDG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Sorry to hear Evs. RIP.

46.lil numby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 pm

my condolences. sorry she died as opposed to being stranded on a rock in the middle of the fn indian ocean.

47.evil gator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 pm

ahaha thanks
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else