Defense against bullying

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 am

I swear I want to throat punch my own kid :oops:

We were watching a movie where a kid was being bullied and had his shoes stolen. Got into the bullying conversation. I started once again to show her what to do if that happened...moved to incapacitate the kid. Nose or throat punch, pop the ear, different ways to take out the knee, etc.

Each time she kept interjecting with the stupid kid shit “or you could just...” nonsensical stuff. She’s only 7 but fuck. Shut the fuck up and listen!

2.9508 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:04 am

Really looking forward to the story in 2-3 weeks where your kid is suspended for breaking a kid’s leg.

3.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am

Really looking forward to the story in 2-3 weeks where your kid is suspended for breaking a kid’s leg.
If she’s defending herself, I’m fine with it.

A while back some piece of shit punched her in the face I heard it from her. Teacher knew. No one called either of us parents. Kid wasn’t punished or anything. I talked to the principle and she agreed we should have been informed and the girl should have been punished. Still nothing happened.

I flat out told the principle that if they don’t do shit to protect the kids, I’ve told mine to do whatever it takes to protect herself, school rules be damned.

User avatar 4.evs' Boytoy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:35 am

I swear I want to throat punch my own kid :oops:

We were watching a movie where a kid was being bullied and had his shoes stolen. Got into the bullying conversation. I started once again to show her what to do if that happened...moved to incapacitate the kid. Nose or throat punch, pop the ear, different ways to take out the knee, etc.

Each time she kept interjecting with the stupid kid shit “or you could just...” nonsensical stuff. She’s only 7 but fuck. Shut the fuck up and listen!
They will never listen to you when it gets that deep. I used to ask Shirley to tell Jr the same shit I was saying and the boy would listen to him and not me. But it worked. It would be about weird shit like throwing a baseball or working on his jump shot. He wouldn't listen to me, but he'd listen to someone else saying the same damn thing.

All of this useful info is available in my book about parenting.

5.shutout » Thu May 17, 2018 4:37 am

I can't even imagine the hilarity of 2022 TGB when Juggs faces the 13 y/o minijuggs.

User avatar 6.Cus » Thu May 17, 2018 12:08 pm

I can't even imagine the hilarity of 2022 TGB when Juggs faces the 13 y/o minijuggs.
I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

7.Supes44444 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:10 pm

throat punch and ear pop. Come on juggs.. ear pop..:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar 8.99inNC » Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm

9.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Why not end a fight before it begins?

10.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm

:lol:

She's a sweet kid, a little timid.....and life is full of little assholes. I'd rather try to toughen her up now instead of as a 13 year old when she gets bullied.

11.Supes44444 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 pm

with an ear pop? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar 12.99inNC » Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 pm

The bullying conversation can be challenging. I want my kids to feel empowered to do something when they need to. But I also want them to understand when it's time to walk away.
And times are so different now. There are fucking elementary aged kids who would go get their dad's gun now. We live in f'd up times.

13.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm

with an ear pop? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can easily rupture the ear drum with no strength. Unless you're some pro fighter, that shit is going to end right there

14.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm

The bullying conversation can be challenging. I want my kids to feel empowered to do something when they need to. But I also want them to understand when it's time to walk away.
And times are so different now. There are fucking elementary aged kids who would go get their dad's gun now. We live in f'd up times.
Very true. That's where it's easier with girls.

User avatar 15.99inNC » Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah, except some girls will go hard on the long game and try to bully other girls into oblivion or suicide. Kids are f'd up now.

16.9508 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Yeah, except some girls will go hard on the long game and try to bully other girls into oblivion or suicide. Kids are f'd up now.
Yep. The non stop relentless bs from girls is a different beast. Tough to handle.

17.Tommy » Thu May 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Juggs really should consult Gino on these issues

18.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm

True, those are different styles of bullying. Boys you have to worry about them snapping and grabbing a weapon. Girls, it's what you mentioned. I'm just hoping that if she gets bullied as she gets older, instead of the self hate and depression, she'll tell the bitch to fuck off and beat her ass :lol:

User avatar 19.evs' Boytoy » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Communication is key. Sometimes communicating can become difficult or even uncomfortable. Never hesitate to include #countryham in your discussions to help smooth the way.

20.9508 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 pm

True, those are different styles of bullying. Boys you have to worry about them snapping and grabbing a weapon. Girls, it's what you mentioned. I'm just hoping that if she gets bullied as she gets older, instead of the self hate and depression, she'll tell the bitch to fuck off and beat her ass :lol:
Certainly no single approach to dealing with a girl bully, but my daughter did one day get up and start telling everyone in the room the crap the bully had said about them. Then got cooberation from some of the others in the room. It worked in that one instance. Bullies thrive when people don’t address it. Unfortunately, that approach requires a lot of time and effort.

21.Supes44444 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 pm

I used to hold bullying seminars with middle school aged kids. How to approach a bully, how to separate a bully from the pack, how to defend if attacked. One of my flyers said:

"Martial Arts training can stop the bullying before it starts.
• Children and youth who are bullied are typically anxious, insecure and suffer from low self-esteem.
• Martial Arts channels a bully’s aggressiveness and anger into healthful physical activity, discipline and a positive attitude.
• Self-defense training prepares children for confrontation, as it teaches them how to avoid it.
Martial Arts helps to create a child who will become the educated, well-employed and socially conscious adult."

22.Flight of the Gator » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 pm

I already told my son if he even thinks of bullying other kids...he will have me to deal with! I won't tolerate that shit.

23.evil gator » Thu May 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I went to school with a bunch of insane hillbilly spawn and I don't recall anyone hitting me. Saying mean shit and threats of murder etc, but no hitting.

24.Juggs » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

I went to school with a bunch of insane hillbilly spawn and I don't recall anyone hitting me. Saying mean shit and threats of murder etc, but no hitting.
In the 3 years at pre-K through 1st grade, my kid has been randomly hit 3 times and verbally bullied a few times. I'm assuming I'd be called racist if I pointed out each and every time it was a black kid with a fucked up name.

User avatar 25.Irish Mike » Thu May 17, 2018 4:15 pm

In the 3 years at pre-K through 1st grade, my kid has been randomly hit 3 times and verbally bullied a few times. I'm assuming I'd be called racist if I pointed out each and every time it was a black kid with a fucked up name.
:lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else