Meat Eater (show)

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Good stuff. I'd really like to find seasons 1-5 somewhere but so far I've only seen them available for purchase on Rinella's website or on shady streaming sites. I like how a lot of the time they show how hunts can end up unsuccessful. The small game shows are kind of boring as I have zero desire to pluck a fucking pigeon and eat it. I would really like to try those sandhill cranes that taste like red meat though.

User avatar 2.ufgators68 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:20 pm

There are easier ways to get the breast meat from a pigeon.

User avatar 3.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Unless it involves breeding them so that they are featherless I'm not interested. Also way too little meat for the amount of money/work.

4.shutout » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Pidgeon is delicious.

User avatar 5.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Pidgeon is delicious.
I'm sure they are but if i wanted to eat 100 of something to get full it would probably be cheez its.

User avatar 6.ufgators68 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Unless it involves breeding them so that they are featherless I'm not interested. Also way too little meat for the amount of money/work.
It takes like 10 seconds to breast out a pigeon. Hardest part is snapping the wing bones.

User avatar 7.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 5:48 pm

It takes like 10 seconds to breast out a pigeon. Hardest part is snapping the wing bones.
sorry but nobody is convincing me to hunt tiny birds (or any birds for that matter). I'm so burned out on poultry.

8.JookJoint » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

RIP, I'm pretty sure you and I have talked about Steven Rinella before...one of my favorite humans...his books are fantastic...

9.Juggs » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

sorry but nobody is convincing me to hunt tiny birds (or any birds for that matter). I'm so burned out on poultry.
When we use to visit my great grandfather and great uncle up in Caryville, we'd have the best damn breakfasts. My crippo uncle was a regular bird hunter (no idea who tracked down what he shot :lol: )....so we'd have fried quail for breakfast....So fucking good.

User avatar 10.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 pm

When we use to visit my great grandfather and great uncle up in Caryville, we'd have the best damn breakfasts. My crippo uncle was a regular bird hunter (no idea who tracked down what he shot :lol: )....so we'd have fried quail for breakfast....So fucking good.
yeah if somebody else hunts it, cleans it, and cooks it I'd eat small game.

User avatar 11.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm

RIP, I'm pretty sure you and I have talked about Steven Rinella before...one of my favorite humans...his books are fantastic...
Yeah I picked up volume 1 of his hunt, butcher, cook books.

User avatar 12.ufgators68 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Turkeys are fun to hunt. Except for the snakes, mosquitoes, bees and poison ivy.

User avatar 13.RIP » Tue May 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Turkeys are fun to hunt. Except for the snakes, mosquitoes, bees and poison ivy.
I've never done it. My Dad always used to bitch about "nasty turkeys" so I'm a little biased against hunting them.

User avatar 14.ufgators68 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh... they nasty but that breast meat is so good.

They are super fun to hunt.

User avatar 15.panamag8or » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

Oh... they nasty but that breast meat is so good.

They are super fun to hunt.
Doesn't seem that way.

User avatar 16.ufgators68 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:13 am

They can be annoying. Especially an old bird.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else