Outsourcing

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 5:40 pm

I've allegedly been in line to get promoted to PM but nobody will fucking die or get fired.
Losing your touch?
Unfortunately.

27.evil gator » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Found out Friday that this week I'll be training Indians to do my job due to the customer reducing the rates. Pretty neat huh? I'll be relegated to the role of QC (my least favorite part about my job) but I've been told my job is "safe". I'll now be hourly full time which will result in about $10k less pay this year. No fucking idea what to do now.
linkedin.com
indeed.com
monster.com
theladders.com

Pick a couple or all. Good luck, RIP.
I am told all the kids are using indeed

User avatar 28.99inNC » Mon May 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Found out Friday that this week I'll be training Indians to do my job due to the customer reducing the rates. Pretty neat huh? I'll be relegated to the role of QC (my least favorite part about my job) but I've been told my job is "safe". I'll now be hourly full time which will result in about $10k less pay this year. No fucking idea what to do now.
linkedin.com
indeed.com
monster.com
theladders.com

Pick a couple or all. Good luck, RIP.
I am told all the kids are using indeed
Once you sift through all the junk and refine what you're looking for, it's a good site.

29.evil gator » Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm

linkedin is always suggesting jobs to me that have nothing to do with my job.

User avatar 30.99inNC » Mon May 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Yeah, it can be a pain in the ass.

31.Supes44444 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Sorry RIP. That sucks. Go with Indeed or theladders. Monster will give you all sorts of bullshit and as evs said, linkedin gives you stuff totally unrelated to what you do

32.MoralityULack » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Meh. Welcome to my world. Seven years ago my current client had all Americans. They hailed my availability literally as divine provenance because they were going to be forced to outsource before I arrived. We now have 60+ Indians and my two other remaining Americans. My previous client had at least 400 Indians. For one of my gigs at Amex they hired me to teach classes to 400 Indians so they could flowchart something 10 of us built in six months. I was told all of Amex had 30,000 Indian consultants. Get used to it. It is that way everywhere. It is not going to change. Trump wants to get rid of yard crews to please his base, but he isn't about to make big companies pay for good jobs for Americans. You either manage Indians or flip burgers.

User avatar 33.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Meh. Welcome to my world. Seven years ago my current client had all Americans. They hailed my availability literally as divine provenance because they were going to be forced to outsource before I arrived. We now have 60+ Indians and my two other remaining Americans. My previous client had at least 400 Indians. For one of my gigs at Amex they hired me to teach classes to 400 Indians so they could flowchart something 10 of us built in six months. I was told all of Amex had 30,000 Indian consultants. Get used to it. It is that way everywhere. It is not going to change. Trump wants to get rid of yard crews to please his base, but he isn't about to make big companies pay for good jobs for Americans. You either manage Indians or flip burgers.
uh...thanks? i guess.

User avatar 34.Cus » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

"Fashion Bully"?

35.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

uh...thanks? i guess.

approach life like hajis to bitches online 11-2-17.jpg
approach life like hajis to bitches online 11-2-17.jpg (65.91 KiB) Viewed 121 times

36.evil gator » Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

"Fashion Bully"?
OMG is that a job? I would love it.

Speaking of, was shopping w some friends Saturday and they tried to have an intervention on a pair of shoes I got, even enlisting other women in line.

37.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 6:40 pm

uh...thanks? i guess.

how americans see india lol 8-25-17.jpg
how americans see india lol 8-25-17.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 114 times

38.MoralityULack » Mon May 14, 2018 6:54 pm

uh...thanks? i guess.
Sorry, I don't have a short term answer.

I see a lot of people I work with love to twist bits and are frustrated that 90% of the IT jobs are taken by Indians. They have all sorts of fantasies about how there will be more jobs where they can do what they love. Not going to happen. You have to work towards a niche that people who work for minimum wage cant fill.

User avatar 39.Cus » Mon May 14, 2018 7:01 pm

uh...thanks? i guess.
Sorry, I don't have a short term answer.

I see a lot of people I work with love to twist bits and are frustrated that 90% of the IT jobs are taken by Indians. They have all sorts of fantasies about how there will be more jobs where they can do what they love. Not going to happen. You have to work towards a niche that people who work for minimum wage cant fill.
He already has it, don't you "Dickasso"?

40.Tommy » Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Go into sales.

User avatar 41.evs' Boytoy » Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Shoot me your email / resume if you're looking. Just need a DL and to be able to be insured and whatever. (No felonies, etc) He can't hire people fast enough to keep up with growth. He's also a huge Gator fan and friendly to the lifestyle.
Awesome will do. :hatsoff:
Just TGB taking care of its own.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else