Outsourcing

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Found out Friday that this week I'll be training Indians to do my job due to the customer reducing the rates. Pretty neat huh? I'll be relegated to the role of QC (my least favorite part about my job) but I've been told my job is "safe". I'll now be hourly full time which will result in about $10k less pay this year. No fucking idea what to do now.

User avatar 2.Cus » Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Found out Friday that this week I'll be training Indians to do my job due to the customer reducing the rates. Pretty neat huh? I'll be relegated to the role of QC (my least favorite part about my job) but I've been told my job is "safe". I'll now be hourly full time which will result in about $10k less pay this year. No fucking idea what to do now.
For God's sake teach them to use different names, they can't all be "Bob" or "George".

But for realz, sorry man.

User avatar 3.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm

For God's sake teach them to use different names, they can't all be "Bob" or "George".

Every fucking one is Venkat or Sudakhar or some other bullshit. They are smelly too. Luckily I'll be training them over Skype which I'm sure will go over well.

4.lil numby » Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 pm

that sucks.

at least now is a good time to look around, labor pool is pretty tight. should be able to find some decent opportunities.

User avatar 5.Cus » Mon May 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Every fucking one is Venkat or Sudakhar or some other bullshit. They are smelly too. Luckily I'll be training them over Skype which I'm sure will go over well.
dildo Skype av?

User avatar 6.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm

that sucks.

at least now is a good time to look around, labor pool is pretty tight. should be able to find some decent opportunities.
I feel like it may be time to change careers. I could easily see my job being done by A.I. in 5 years.

7.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Bob and vagene grocery store edition 11-17-17.jpg
Bob and vagene grocery store edition 11-17-17.jpg (84.39 KiB) Viewed 149 times

8.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Street shitter lines 7-25-17.jpg
Street shitter lines 7-25-17.jpg (88.93 KiB) Viewed 146 times

9.evil gator » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

that sucks.

yep, hard time filling positions here

10.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

street shitting gets rapey 3-2-18.jpg
street shitting gets rapey 3-2-18.jpg (25.07 KiB) Viewed 138 times

User avatar 11.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 3:34 pm

/hopethishelps

12.Gino » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

bobs against the vagene 12-8-17.jpg
bobs against the vagene 12-8-17.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 134 times

User avatar 13.99inNC » Mon May 14, 2018 3:56 pm

linkedin.com
indeed.com
monster.com
theladders.com

Pick a couple or all. Good luck, RIP.

14.Juggs » Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

That sucks. Kiss working from home goodbye.

User avatar 15.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 pm

That sucks. Kiss working from home goodbye.
Yep. I'll still be working from home until I decide what to do though. Also I guess it's time to start researching fake pee again.

16.Juggs » Mon May 14, 2018 4:20 pm

I'd be so fucked if I had to switch careers.

17.shutout » Mon May 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Do you do anything vaguely technical or project managery? My brother has a low-voltage cabling company based out of ORL but he hires statewide and he's always dying for reliable help. There's a lotta goddamn construction going on in FL right now.

18.lil numby » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

I'd be so fucked if I had to switch careers.
the world will always need ditches

User avatar 19.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Do you do anything vaguely technical or project managery? My brother has a low-voltage cabling company based out of ORL but he hires statewide and he's always dying for reliable help. There's a lotta goddamn construction going on in FL right now.
I design and draft CATV (coax) and fiber optics for cable companies. I've done every bit of project managing without the title to go with it (QC, tracking work, handing out work, making sure we meet deadlines, communicating with the customer, etc.) I've allegedly been in line to get promoted to PM but nobody will fucking die or get fired.

20.shutout » Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Shoot me your email / resume if you're looking. Just need a DL and to be able to be insured and whatever. (No felonies, etc) He can't hire people fast enough to keep up with growth. He's also a huge Gator fan and friendly to the lifestyle.

User avatar 21.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Shoot me your email / resume if you're looking. Just need a DL and to be able to be insured and whatever. (No felonies, etc) He can't hire people fast enough to keep up with growth. He's also a huge Gator fan and friendly to the lifestyle.
Awesome will do. :hatsoff:

User avatar 22.Cus » Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Mr Vodoun please pick up the white courtesy phone...

23.Juggs » Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Mr Vodoun please pick up the white courtesy phone...
Shut your whore mouth!

User avatar 24.DocZaius » Mon May 14, 2018 5:40 pm

I've allegedly been in line to get promoted to PM but nobody will fucking die or get fired.
Losing your touch?

User avatar 25.RIP » Mon May 14, 2018 5:40 pm

I've allegedly been in line to get promoted to PM but nobody will fucking die or get fired.
Losing your touch?
Unfortunately.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else