Maybe Mags...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.Denver-Gator » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:54 pm

... went to Europe?

The European Parliament passed a resolution last year that envisions a special legal status of "electronic persons" for the most sophisticated autonomous robots.

The proposal is being considered by the European Commission, Europe's top regulator.

More than 150 experts in robotics, artificial intelligence, law, medical science and ethics weighed into the debate on Thursday, with a clear warning against such a move.

In an open letter to the European Commission, they said that the proposals appear to be influenced more by science fiction than the real world.

The lawmakers argue that giving advanced robots legal status would make it possible to hold machines to account for any damage they may cause. Mady Delvaux, the parliamentarian who drafted the proposal, was not immediately available to comment on the letter.

2.Cus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm

The f'n Europeans, they never f'n learn. They started two World Wars and are dying from within because of their shitty immigration laws and now they want to confer legal status on robots.

Should've let Hitler have them.

3.evil gator » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm

with unemployment close to 10%, its good they are focused on this

4.Cus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 pm

with unemployment close to 10%, its good they are focused on this
and having their noses in the air about us.

5.Juggs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 pm

The f'n Europeans, they never f'n learn. They started two World Wars and are dying from within because of their shitty immigration laws and now they want to confer legal status on robots.

:lol:

6.Cus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

I have the feeling I just woke Gino up.

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Sex robots will file rape claims.

8.Juggs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 pm

They say there's safety in numbers......Tell that to 6 million Jews

9.Cus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:26 pm

They say there's safety in numbers......Tell that to 6 million Jews
Shit! I shouldn't find that funny but....

10.HG 2.0 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Had to make sure it wasn’t Reb before I laughed at this.

User avatar 11.Irish Mike » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Had to make sure it wasn’t Reb before I laughed at this.
:gaah:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else