Hot Ones

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

76.evil gator » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Years back, mid 90s, I got a bottle of Dave’s Insanity “Special Reserve”, came in a coffin box, had to sign a release to order it. Completely useless, was almost pure capsaicin, but was good as a novelty, was funny how well “not sure you want to try this, it’s probably too hot for you” suckered people into trying it
A coworker at my last job has a hot sauce in stores around the SE, Micanopy Gold. A very good sauce. He liked to play jokes, too. A long ass time ago, around 98-99, I had the second half of my publix sub in the work fridge. He coated the entire bottom half in Dave's Insanity. I could have killed him...I was so fucking miserable. And he ruined my sub of course.
nowadays you could have got him fired via social media shaming

77.evil gator » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 pm

too soon?

User avatar 78.ufgators68 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:45 pm

too soon?
:lol:

79.Juggs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 pm

too soon?
Getting fired from there was the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

80.Juggs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Supesy, have you tried Los Calientes?

It sounds damn good and I was thinking about buying a bottle....but after shipping I think it's damn near $20. Want to make sure it's good before I do that :lol:

81.Supes44444 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

It's pretty decent. I would order it.

82.Juggs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm

:hatsoff:

83.Juggs » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:01 pm

Los Calientes is pretty damn delicious. I'd like it a notch or two lower in heat to really douse food in its flavor. It'd make a great hot wing sauce just how it is if it wasn't so expensive.

Pirate's Lantern pepper sauce is my favorite. A mustard vinegar hot sauce with a fruity Caribbean flavor. Mustard vinegar sauces, bbq or hot, always win me over

Howler Monkey I happened to find at Lucky's for only $4. For that, worth giving it a shot, but I'm glad I didn't buy it from Hot Ones. A slight citrus twist on Louisiana

84.Supes44444 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Told you Los Calientes was pretty decent. I like the heat to it. But again, I like spicier sauces.

85.Juggs » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Told you Los Calientes was pretty decent. I like the heat to it. But again, I like spicier sauces.
The heat is fine for some things. I was drinking out of a spoon and it was great. Perfect for wings. But I'm not dousing a taco in it.

86.Supes44444 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 pm

The heat is fine for some things. I was drinking out of a spoon and it was great. Perfect for wings. But I'm not dousing a taco in it.
fair enough.

User avatar 87.ufgators68 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:15 pm

The Rattlesnake is going to be on Hot Ones this week. :guntootsmiley:

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else