Driving/Work/General bitch thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

326.Juggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Doh. Yeah littlewood is 8th and 34th.
That one is shittier, cuz it stretches for 10 blocks, on a two-lane road.
4 lane road.

327.evil gator » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Doh. Yeah littlewood is 8th and 34th.
That one is shittier, cuz it stretches for 10 blocks, on a two-lane road.
THANK YOU

328.Juggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 pm

It merges to 2 lane at the end of the school zone. Annoying, yes. But it’s still mostly a 4 lane school zone.

User avatar 329.99inNC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:55 pm

I have just enough meetings today with people that I CANNOT stand that are months overdue. I wanted these to happen for quite a while. And now that they are happening, they are happening with irresponsible fervor and pace. I love it when stupid people fuck easy things up.

User avatar 330.99inNC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Everyone's faces right now on our WebEx, as our boss explained something that she over-complicated and then once she realized that she over-engineered it.

And then once she realized that she spent hours doing needless work, she backed off of it and said, oh wait, let's do it this other way.

FUCK.

User avatar 331.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Woke up at 5:30 this morning to find about an inch of water throughout the house. The supply line to the water heater burst at some point during the night. My room is all the way across the house and there was standing water everywhere. At 6AM, I was at Home Depot buying a new shop vac. Now I'm at work and I'm in the perfect mood to put up with this shit.

The party never ends.

332.evil gator » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Woke up at 5:30 this morning to find about an inch of water throughout the house. The supply line to the water heater burst at some point during the night. My room is all the way across the house and there was standing water everywhere. At 6AM, I was at Home Depot buying a new shop vac. Now I'm at work and I'm in the perfect mood to put up with this shit.

The party never ends.
that sucks, jabs. having a weak leak in your home is the absolute worst.

333.Juggs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:15 pm

damn that sucks

User avatar 334.ufgators68 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm

He's just pissed because he had to take a bath early.

User avatar 335.angrigator » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

The party never ends.
that sucks, jabs. having a weak leak in your home is the absolute worst.
I had a hot water leak in a copper pipe embedded in the concrete slab under the bathtub. Homeowners insurance would have paid to tear out the tub, bust open the concrete and patch the copper pipe and put it back together. Luckily I knew the plumber and he wrote it up To get enough money to re-pipe the house and just say he did the repair. Water leaks are a bitch. Good luck jabs.

User avatar 336.GFY » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Yeah, any flooding sucks.

User avatar 337.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 pm

I've got so much wet shit in the yard somebody stopped to ask if I was having a yard sale. Get lost, fucker.

User avatar 338.RIP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:42 pm

water damage is the worst.

User avatar 339.angrigator » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:43 pm

I've got so much wet shit in the yard somebody stopped to ask if I was having a yard sale. Get lost, fucker.
Haha.

Sorry.

User avatar 340.99inNC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

On a call with an information security head and he is literally agonizing over every small bit of minutiae. This is absolutely an idiotic phone call.

341.evil gator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

our comms person is very nice, but he never sends me markups to review

342.MDG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 pm

On a call with an information security head and he is literally agonizing over every small bit of minutiae. This is absolutely an idiotic phone call.
Why are most mid-level ITG employees so unable to see and discuss big picture things. Worse myopic vision ever.

343.shutout » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Infosec is the worst. Every big company I've worked at has required them to sign off before product releases, which means they run a tool and produce a report of 2,000 or so false positives. Then we get to audit it line by line and argue with them about why their stupid tool - which is full of shit and has been full of shit in exactly the same way for 20 years - is full of shit. It's one of those job roles - like tech support - where people who aren't good at anything eventually trickle down to and stay forever. At IBM they'd do in-person desk audits once a year, walking the site and checking PC's for compliance. I used to write fake passwords on sticky notes and hide them just to fuck with them.

On the not a bitch tip, we got our first customer deployment here - on a 50 year contract at a military base. These government / industrial deals are wild.

344.MDG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Infosec is the worst. Every big company I've worked at has required them to sign off before product releases, which means they run a tool and produce a report of 2,000 or so false positives. Then we get to audit it line by line and argue with them about why their stupid tool - which is full of shit and has been full of shit in exactly the same way for 20 years - is full of shit. It's one of those job roles - like tech support - where people who aren't good at anything eventually trickle down to and stay forever. At IBM they'd do in-person desk audits once a year, walking the site and checking PC's for compliance. I used to write fake passwords on sticky notes and hide them just to fuck with them.

On the not a bitch tip, we got our first customer deployment here - on a 50 year contract at a military base. These government / industrial deals are wild.
I'm convinced none of them want to work and most of what they say is a passive aggressive way of putting off projects.

345.evil gator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Doodle polls annoy me

346.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Setting up new computer with all my settings and preferences and files. Ugh.

New boss this week, seems like a good guy.

I handed work I didn't want to do to a guy who's slow and not very good, who is absolutely hated by the people who gave the work for me to do :oops:

User avatar 347.RIP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm

I handed work I didn't want to do to a guy who's slow and not very good, who is absolutely hated by the people who gave the work for me to do :oops:
Did your old hard drive die or something? You could have formatted the new one and cloned your drive. No hassle set up.

User avatar 348.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Did your old hard drive die or something? You could have formatted the new one and cloned your drive. No hassle set up.
What kind of filthy pig latin are you spewing?

349.Juggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

work computer. Upgrading windows and software.

And Windows 10 sucks

User avatar 350.RIP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:04 pm

work computer. Upgrading windows and software.

And Windows 10 sucks
Ah gotcha. I like Windows 10 actually. It took a bit to get used to.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else