Driving/Work/General bitch thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 pm

We need one and just consolidate this shit :lol:

I'll start with this morning, combining the driving rant with rampart's old people...

Old people need to have their drivers license renewed via physical driving test past, say, 70? 65? Every year.

I have to cross 2 west bound lanes to get to the median and wait for an opening to east bound. I'm in the median, most traffic finally clears, just one straggler in the outside lane. I'm clear to go inside. Just as I start to go, the asshole changes lanes and nearly takes my front end off. I get up behind him....handicap license plate. I'm stuck behind him going down 39th and as we approach the left turn to my kids' school, he turns the blinker on a good 100 yards before the turn lane. Since there's no opposite direction turn lane, most use the suicide lane to decelerate before the turn lane to not fuck up 39th traffic. It's ok that he didn't, I knew he was turning. Except he didn't even use the turn lane either. He turned almost completely from the thru lane. It's a fucking signal intersection, there's no "missing it because it's dark".

Then for the right turn towards the school, the crossing guard is waving us on to turn and he sits there like a goober. Probably because it's still kinda dark and he can't see the red glowing wand thing. Finally, turning into the school. There's very little entrance room before it splits into the drive-thru drop off and the parking lot. You have to pick a side immediately. Drive-thru is often backed up, so what happens? He doesn't get to the right far enough, so he blocks off my entrance to the parking lot. I finally get by him when the drive-thru moves up (this is backing up the main road and others from entering, btw)....I look over, yep...old as fuck.

2.Juggs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:15 pm

User avatar 3.Cus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

I see where you're going with the current thread title but I think we'd all be better served with something like "Why Juggs Hates Everyone". That'd cover a lot more assholage than just work, driving, black people.

User avatar 4.99inNC » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm

I see where you're going with the current thread title but I think we'd all be better served with something like "Why Juggs Hates Everyone". That'd cover a lot more assholage than just work, driving, black people.
Well and according to Juggs, he's not a racist. He just hates most things about most people.

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm

We'd hit 75 pages in three or four days.

6.Juggs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Well and according to Juggs, he's not a racist. He just hates most things about most people.
Yep. Like I said in another thread, a racist wouldn't admit that there's an assload of blacks, muslims, whoever that are far better than I am :lol:

User avatar 7.99inNC » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Yep. Like I said in another thread, a racist wouldn't admit that there's an assload of blacks, muslims, whoever that are far better than I am :lol:
I apologize for my lie of omission earlier. It's not just most things about most people you hate. You also hate many animals and some inanimate objects as well. :howdy:

8.Juggs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:00 pm

f'n squirrels!

User avatar 9.Cus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:00 pm

I apologize for my lie of omission earlier. It's not just most things about most people you hate. You also hate many animals and some inanimate objects as well. :howdy:
Truth.

10.shutout » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:15 pm

I once saw Juggs stare angrily at an empty 2' cube of dead air.

11.Juggs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

I once saw Juggs stare angrily at an empty 2' cube of dead air.
the beer wasn't materializing :eg:

12.rynogator » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 pm

While I generally agree with most of Juggs' Gainesville traffic bitching, a car traveling straight has the right of way to change lanes anytime they want as long as they are not at an intersection. If you're sitting in a median and you decide to pull out in the inside lane and someone changes lanes and hits you, that accident is your fault.

13.Juggs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 pm

While I generally agree with most of Juggs' Gainesville traffic bitching, a car traveling straight has the right of way to change lanes anytime they want as long as they are not at an intersection. If you're sitting in a median and you decide to pull out in the inside lane and someone changes lanes and hits you, that accident is your fault.
Yes, but that doesn't make you less of an asshole for changing lanes when you see someone waiting to enter the inside lane and there is no need to change lanes at that point.

14.rynogator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Yes, but that doesn't make you less of an asshole for changing lanes when you see someone waiting to enter the inside lane and there is no need to change lanes at that point.
Using the right of way to which you are entitled does not make you an asshole. Sitting in a median waiting to turn left you have the right of way over no one else involved. You pull out when you can do so safely, including the possibility that someone may change lanes near where you are pulling out. You want to roll the dice and pull out knowing that any accident caused will be your fault, that's your prerogative, but if you do this and cause an accident, don't tell me it's because someone else is an asshole

15.Juggs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:59 pm

No, you're still an asshole. If I'm driving on the outside lane and I see someone in the median who has the chance to pull out, I'm not changing a lane and fucking that up for them. It's simple common courtesy.

16.Fishon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 pm

agree with juggs.

17.Juggs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm

:highfive:

18.rynogator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm

No, you're still an asshole. If I'm driving on the outside lane and I see someone in the median who has the chance to pull out, I'm not changing a lane and fucking that up for them. It's simple common courtesy.
There's a reason why the determination of fault when an accident happens in a situation like this shakes out the way it does. Bottom line, drive as if the other drivers on the road will always take advantage of a right of way when they have it and you will generally have fewer problems.

User avatar 19.Denver-Gator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:45 pm

agree with juggs.

User avatar 20.RIP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm

21.Fishon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:25 pm

agree with juggs.
when it comes to traffic frustrations, juggs and I are tight

User avatar 22.panamag8or » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Hey, she didn't get wet, right?

User avatar 23.Irish Mike » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 pm

agree with juggs.
Good ol Wee-Bey

24.Juggs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

There's a reason why the determination of fault when an accident happens in a situation like this shakes out the way it does. Bottom line, drive as if the other drivers on the road will always take advantage of a right of way when they have it and you will generally have fewer problems.
I didn't say shit about the law, right-of-way, or at fault.

I said it makes you an inconsiderate asshole.

User avatar 25.Cus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:33 pm

agree with juggs.
Good ol Wee-Bey
He was really great in whatever else he was in after that.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else