Holy balls (GC stuff)

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:40 pm

This poster on GC (who has 15,000 posts and every damned one is like this) had this gem of a thread today:
It is fun to daydream about talented high school players saying nice things about our beloved university.
BIG FUN.
Already though, I am growing fatigued by updates ( not here) which oversell how recruits are trending.
These unsubstantiated swoonings look like this:
Ties to the university
Interest in the university
Completely over the top headlines designed to appeal to interested Gators.

An ALL IN ONE EXAMPLE...
Dadoo Runrun has Major Ties to the Gators

Runrun was asked about his ties to the Gator football program..
“My uncle liked the Gators in the 90s. I once went to a game. But my uncle was incarcerated under the Baker Act, when he became a lights out drunk.

Runrun really loves the Coaching staff..
“I talked to Sal Sunseri and he told me he really likes my style. I might come back..some day. I don’t know. I might find something else to do.

Runrun loves the Gators..
“ they are okay. I know they want to avoid having a sukkyseason again. I would expect that. They are definitely in my top 22. I mean, I only have 19 offers now...but I expect to get some more soon.

HEADLINE
RUNRUN HAS BIG TIES TO THE GATORS AND LOVES WHAT THEY DO!!!

Probably just me..
What.The.Fuck. It's a slow news day (sans supesy's troubles).

2.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

jeez

User avatar 3.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:43 pm

jeez
yeah. he's an old guy and everyone fucking loves his shtick. It's so cringey and usually doesn't make a bit of sense.

User avatar 4.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:43 pm

vd alias.

User avatar 5.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:47 pm

waiting here in RECRUITING LAND, and the man on the hill sees the world spinning round...
So..I am looking around and see the little things. Sure I could begin to wring my cyber hands like some of my brethren, cracking under the pressure of the recruiting battles and returning to the golden days of yesteryear...
..HEY, WHY ARE WE RECRUITING 3 STAR GUYS? I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TRYING TO BE GOOD?
Yeah, I miss that. Glad some are trying to get us back to reality.
..GEORGIA IS TAKING ALL THE FIVE STAR GUYS, ALONG WITH BAMA...SO WE WONT GET ANY..

Ah, thanks guys. I was feeling like things were changing too fast, all this good will and stuff.

While they are handling all the BIG stuff, I.....being the little picture guy, scan the scene and look at the minutia( whatever that means).

1. See how all the tools on posting have been removed? Probably because participation here has quadrupled since CDM...and....SOLARI are back in the saddle. All power to the basics, I suppose. Maybe burning the living room furniture to stay warm, also.
2. Sites everywhere are giving us recruiting news, cough, on 2019, and 2020 recruits.. HOLY MOLEY.
I can't tell you how much sleep I have lost when a 2020 guy DECOMMITS. oh the horror.
But, I guess we need filler for the masses.
3. The powers that be...everywhere...can't spare 14 minutes to update a football roster..until...13 minutes before the first game. Even the world renowned FLORIDAGATORS..the university's own depository of all important info...CANT and WONT touch that daunting task.
And don't expect accurate weights and heights. Weights will change..got it. That would be too much to ask. Probably don't want all the fans to get too excited.
Even though this is a new day, new sheriff in town, so many players coming and going...well, I get my hopes up.
More little things..
4. If I wake up and go to the bathroom, and see...THE DUDE WHO INVENTED MY PILLOW, in his BLUE SHIRT..in my medicine cabinet...I am busting a cap in his......
5. Starting to miss the WILLIE TAGGART for GREATEST NEW COACH, MAYBE EVER..threads. I wonder why?! Hmmmm
6. Nice to see the age old Dan Mullen can't recruit and recruits don't like him THEME from many years ago, go down into the trashbin of history. He ain't perfect. We could NOT have done better.
GO GATA
here's another.

6.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I have no clue wtf is going on with that post

User avatar 7.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 pm

I have no clue wtf is going on with that post
He thinks he's a sober Hunter S. Thompson or something.

8.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm

I seriously doubt he's sober writing that shit

User avatar 9.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I'd have to be drunk to understand that shit. :lol:

User avatar 10.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Here's the first post of a thread a poster started about the guy. I really don't understand some people.
When I read posts, I almost never look to see who made the post, unless the post is particularly interesting, informative, or funny. However, I suspect most of you, like me, can spot a Stevo post without looking to confirm it's his post. But, Stevo disappears for periods of time, but eventually returns, often when we most need it during ledge jumping panics.

Well, I hadn't seen any Stevo posts for awhile, and assumed he was just waiting for spring practice to start. But, I was reading kcflagator's tidbits thread and noticed replies commenting on Stevo's typical entertaining replies. But, I hadn't spotted his replies. Strange. So, I reread the entire thread. NO STEVO. Turns out I apparently put STEVO on IGNORE. I didn't even know how to do that.

Now, I have to take the rest of the day off to read God knows how many Stevo posts I've missed and I have no idea how far back I have to go.

Who knows how many other posters I have on ignore??? I'm afraid I've missed a whole lot of discussions. If you are on my ignore list, believe me, it's news to me.

Stevo, you will probably be getting some likes, funny, winner, best post ever ratings for stuff you posted last November. SHEESH!

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

In!

User avatar 12.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 pm

He gets points for "Dadoo Runrun" though.

13.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Here's the first post of a thread a poster started about the guy. I really don't understand some people.
When I read posts, I almost never look to see who made the post, unless the post is particularly interesting, informative, or funny. However, I suspect most of you, like me, can spot a Stevo post without looking to confirm it's his post. But, Stevo disappears for periods of time, but eventually returns, often when we most need it during ledge jumping panics.

Well, I hadn't seen any Stevo posts for awhile, and assumed he was just waiting for spring practice to start. But, I was reading kcflagator's tidbits thread and noticed replies commenting on Stevo's typical entertaining replies. But, I hadn't spotted his replies. Strange. So, I reread the entire thread. NO STEVO. Turns out I apparently put STEVO on IGNORE. I didn't even know how to do that.

Now, I have to take the rest of the day off to read God knows how many Stevo posts I've missed and I have no idea how far back I have to go.

Who knows how many other posters I have on ignore??? I'm afraid I've missed a whole lot of discussions. If you are on my ignore list, believe me, it's news to me.

Stevo, you will probably be getting some likes, funny, winner, best post ever ratings for stuff you posted last November. SHEESH!
No kidding. He's not Ozzy Man FFS :roll:

User avatar 14.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Stevo sounds familiar. Did he post at GSMB way back?

15.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:19 pm

how do I ignore jabs?

User avatar 16.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

17.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:37 pm

it was a joke

User avatar 18.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

I didn't read any of it, RIP. Once you said, "GC stuff" I just assumed it was inane bullshit and it seems I was correct. :howdy:

User avatar 19.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

it was a joke
Ignoring jabber is not something to joke about. :nono:

User avatar 20.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:00 pm

it was a joke

User avatar 21.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:05 pm

it was a joke

ev's Boytoy, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

User avatar 22.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 pm

I remember putting leems on ignore when I first joined.

User avatar 23.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:10 pm

I have a special internet status that makes me unblockable. Everyone must see what I post.

User avatar 24.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm

I have a special internet status that makes me unblockable. Everyone must see what I post.
the smell gets around all filters

User avatar 25.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else