Seriousness for once out of me.

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Supes44444 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Last night I almost did something stupid. Stupid enough that I would not be posting here today or any other day. I know we come here to talk sports and other relevant current events, etc. But I feel like this is my safe space (if I were a liberal). I feel like you all are my friends. Even the ones I haven't met in person. But to get to it, I hit absolute rock bottom last night. It was to the point I wrote a nice letter and all. You all get the drift. I'm having a hard time. Really hard. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and my fiancee. None of that really mattered last night. I ended up in the hospital around 12 am. I guess that''s what time it was. I don't know exactly. I'm not sure how to cope with certain aspects of my life. I don't want to see a counselor. I don't want a fucking therapist. I want things to be better but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't even know how to go into detail about it. Just know that I am still here and I think I am going to be ok.

User avatar 2.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

So that's why GNC was out of Stacker.

User avatar 3.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

For real though, glad you're ok buddy.

User avatar 4.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Oh, and get the f over yourself and go talk to a professional. Think of it like taking the Jeep to the mechanic. Some things in your head need tweaking and you don't want a shadetree for shit like that.

5.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Oh, and get the f over yourself and go talk to a professional. Think of it like taking the Jeep to the mechanic. Some things in your head need tweaking and you don't want a shadetree for shit like that.
and prepare for the Dr to put you on at least 1 pill .

User avatar 6.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:13 pm

In your case it would be Antabuse.

7.JookJoint » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Supes, I'm glad you didn't do anything crazy...I went through a rough patch some time back and I found that meditation was a game changer...

8.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

I had to look that up.

User avatar 9.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

I had to look that up.
:lol:

10.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Supes, I'm glad you didn't do anything crazy...I went through a rough patch some time back and I found that meditation was a game changer...
I don't know how the fuck people meditate. I can't shut my brain off. Ever.

11.JookJoint » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I don't know how the fuck people meditate. I can't shut my brain off. Ever.
it's not about shutting your brain off...it's about focusing intently on one thing (breath, sensation, etc) for an extended period of time...it allows you to develop the skills to tune out the chatter in your brain...

12.9508 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Supes, you have been through a ton. And the mental shit that comes with being put through the wringer is real. Get some help. You owe it to yourself to take care of you. You saw last night how dark it can get. What if, you haven’t hit rock bottom? Get in touch with someone. You have some things to work through. Ain’t no shame in getting help.

User avatar 13.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Dude. Go talk to someone. Please. I have been reading so much about suicide lately and it's not a joke. I won't joke about this with you. But I will tell you that you need to speak to someone. Yesterday. Just go now and set something up.

14.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Supes, you have been through a ton. And the mental shit that comes with being put through the wringer is real. Get some help. You owe it to yourself to take care of you. You saw last night how dark it can get. What if, you haven’t hit rock bottom? Get in touch with someone. You have some things to work through. Ain’t no shame in getting help.
Yep. Nothing wrong with seeing a shrink. I see one every couple months. Although he doesn't do the psycho analyzing thing....or really help at all. He just asks questions, gets me to talk and then refills the prescriptions.

15.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 pm

dammit supesy. I understand the dislike of drs and meds but I know people who are only here today because of that. You are a good guy and have kids who need you, man.

and who else will I mock for liking corner gas?

User avatar 16.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Shit, I'm no where near where supes is right now, but I'm setting up something for my anxiety. Mental shit is real and it affects us in so many ways.

17.gatorbreeze » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm

This, x10. I hit rock bottom when I was going through my divorce, 1st wife had moved out, filed divorce papers, left me with a mortgage I couldn't afford and was asking for more alimony than I took home each month. Found myself sitting in my car at the boat ramp one midnight with a .357 in my lap just wanting to end the pain. Went to my Doc the next day and got on some anti-depressants and they saved my life. It was no magic wand but it eased the pain and left me see there was light in the utter darkness, that there were options other than pulling the trigger. I was able to understand how suicide would have a horrible impact on my kids, sister, dad and friends. Anyway, things worked out, kept the house until we could sell it, negotiated the alimony down to 4 years and an amount I could afford. I was on the medicine for about 2 years and then weaned myself off gradually. There always options fellow gator, go see your GP and get some help. I'll be pulling for you.

18.newmexigator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:29 pm

dude, you know you can just go buy a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemah!!

seriously, go see someone to talk it out. Today.

19.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:34 pm

kudos to the brave souls sharing their stories too! I LOVE YOU GUYS

User avatar 20.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Agree with these fine folks. Start with your GP and go from there. Don't entertain thoughts of leaving your kids fatherless. That's some selfish shit.

That'll be $50, please.

21.Flight of the Gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:35 pm

There is no shame whatsoever in seeking professional help for yourself. You owe it to yourself and your family. The first time I ever hit that red button on my combat aircraft and took someone's life....it haunted me with a vengeance! I was to the point of quitting the USAF and locking myself in a rubber room until I got professional help in the matter. Please go get taken care of sir!

User avatar 22.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Funny how our stories revolve around women.

And people wonder why I'm alone. F all that.

23.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 pm

kudos to the brave souls sharing their stories too! I LOVE YOU GUYS
Pretty safe to say that most of us here are pretty fucked up in one way or another. I'm not a drunk because I'm happy :lol:

User avatar 24.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Last night I almost did something stupid. Stupid enough that I would not be posting here today or any other day. I know we come here to talk sports and other relevant current events, etc. But I feel like this is my safe space (if I were a liberal). I feel like you all are my friends. Even the ones I haven't met in person. But to get to it, I hit absolute rock bottom last night. It was to the point I wrote a nice letter and all. You all get the drift. I'm having a hard time. Really hard. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and my fiancee. None of that really mattered last night. I ended up in the hospital around 12 am. I guess that''s what time it was. I don't know exactly. I'm not sure how to cope with certain aspects of my life. I don't want to see a counselor. I don't want a fucking therapist. I want things to be better but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't even know how to go into detail about it. Just know that I am still here and I think I am going to be ok.
Is this because I haven't replied to the weird shit you send me through Facebook messenger?

Like these other tards said... go talk to someone.

User avatar 25.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Dammit man. Please go talk to someone. You don't need to get on meds necessarily but sometimes talking to a stranger that knows how to listen really helps. I was miserable as fuck after my Dad died and talking to this Christian counselor lady (God did not come up a single time during our sessions) got some relief.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else