when in tennessee

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 pm

my husband is in Tennessee for work and he is living it up, I see charges for Walmart and popeyes

User avatar 2.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 pm

I haven't been back to Tennessee since '97 when we moved back to Florida. The only thing I miss is snow days.

3.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Weather and scenery wise, I'd rather be in Tenn

4.shutout » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Gonna be glamping on the TN border this weekend - in the rain.

With a staggeringly hot blonde scientist.

5.rampart » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Weather and scenery wise, I'd rather be in Tenn
Agree

User avatar 6.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Just because you slap a lab coat on a golden retriever doesn't make her a scientist.

User avatar 7.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm

my husband is in Tennessee for work and he is living it up, I see charges for Walmart and popeyes
mmmmm, Popeyes

8.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Just because you slap a lab coat on a golden retriever doesn't make her a scientist.
:lol:

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm

mmmmm, Popeyes

10.MoralityULack » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Living it up! I spent three months in Kingsport. There 500,000 people live in the "Tri Cities". I think the food options were a drive through, Cheddars, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster. Cheddars was pretty much where the people I knew went to drink....other than shine at home or in a parking lot. Paper mill, chemical plants, trailers, cars on blocks. I am sure it the scenery was all stunning before the invention of the mobile home. One of my least favorite stops.

11.Tommy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm

or pin a slide rule on a sheep...

User avatar 12.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

mmmmm, Popeyes
I routinely get into arguments with people here about Bojangles vs Popeyes. And I have to tell them they're incorrect.
Don't get me wrong, their fried chicken is tasty as well, but it's no Popeyes.

13.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:10 pm

mmmmm, Popeyes
I routinely get into arguments with people here about Bojangles vs Popeyes. And I have to tell them they're incorrect.
I have a coworker with 6...yes 6...Bojangles stickers on the back of their vehicle. I can only conclude someone really hates them.

14.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

hahaha bojangles stickers on their car.

reminds me of this guy I used to work with "LIKES" applebees on his FB

User avatar 15.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

I have a coworker with 6...yes 6...Bojangles stickers on the back of their vehicle. I can only conclude someone really hates them.
I mean it's fast food fried chicken. :lol: It's good, but some people are maniacal.

User avatar 16.Cus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:12 pm

mmmmm, Popeyes
Popeyes wins on their apple pies alone.

17.gatorbreeze » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

mmmmm, Popeyes
The red beans and rice sides are the bomb! :gcg:

User avatar 18.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm

I love the chicken, the biscuits (though Bo's are good as well) the rice...dammit, I know where I'm going for lunch now. :lol:

User avatar 19.evs' Boytoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 pm

I love the chicken, the biscuits (though Bo's are good as well) the rice...dammit, I know where I'm going for lunch now. :lol:
:lol: As soon as you posted about it, I knew I was going to hit them up for some grub this evening.

User avatar 20.RIP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:00 pm

I haven't been to a fast food fried chicken (Zaxbys doesn't count imo) in probably a decade. I loved Popeyes as a kid tho (except their beans. they are awful).

User avatar 21.ufgators68 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Our local grocery store puts out better chicken than any of the chain joints. Two old, black ladies run each shift and damn they those birds are good.

Guess I'll be stopping by there on the way home. They put out fresh chicken around 2:30.

22.Juggs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 pm

I haven't been to a fast food fried chicken (Zaxbys doesn't count imo) in probably a decade. I loved Popeyes as a kid tho (except their beans. they are awful).
For the first time in years, I hit up popeyes about 6 months ago. It was fucking terrible. Maybe an isolated problem, but I have reason to go back. Especially since that popeye's is beside Zaxby's.

User avatar 23.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:09 pm

:lol: As soon as you posted about it, I knew I was going to hit them up for some grub this evening.
Tried to go by for lunch. Line was crazy. Maybe dinner or lunch tomorrow now. :lol:

24.evil gator » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Tried to go by for lunch. Line was crazy. Maybe dinner or lunch tomorrow now. :lol:
this is country ken doll behavior

User avatar 25.99inNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:18 pm

this is country ken doll behavior
:lol: When I want fried chicken, I want it!
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else