work bitching

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

51.HawaiianGator » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Is it a doily still when it's that thicker material used to cover larger things that old people have on fancy furniture? I have one of those for my dining table, it was my great aunts
Things like that with sentimental value are acceptable - at home - not work

and i have no fucking clue what its called

52.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Is it a doily still when it's that thicker material used to cover larger things that old people have on fancy furniture? I have one of those for my dining table, it was my great aunts

Doesn't matter now. It was really nice, but the kid has fucked it all up. Most stains I've gotten out, but the purple paint is there to stay :lol: :lol: I sold the table that went to a couple weeks anyway, I didn't need a 78" table, even though it was a massive, sturdy, very well conditioned table.

53.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Doesn't matter now. It was really nice, but the kid has fucked it all up. Most stains I've gotten out, but the purple paint is there to stay :lol: :lol: I sold the table that went to a couple weeks anyway, I didn't need a 78" table, even though it was a massive, sturdy, very well conditioned table.
might consider having a pillow or something else made out of it for your daughter when she's older, since no one really uses those things

54.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:03 pm

:scratchchin:

55.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:16 pm

:scratchchin:
or a quilt

56.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:31 pm

So who's doing that craft project for me? :lol:

User avatar 57.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Mary.

User avatar 58.Cus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Mary.
Panny can make him a paper one.

59.MDG » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Leave me out of your fancy crafts.

User avatar 60.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:44 pm

That's exactly what we'll do.

61.E&H » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:49 pm

If I'm going to bitch about the microwave in the office, it's gonna be because somebody re-heated fish or burned popcorn.
or left their stuff in the microwave while they're nowhere to be found

62.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

hahaha. Juggs I'm sure you can ask around, you must have a relative or friend of your mom's who does that sort of thing. I had a friend in Gainesville who did that but moved away

63.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

If I'm going to bitch about the microwave in the office, it's gonna be because somebody re-heated fish or burned popcorn.
oh that shit gets removed

User avatar 64.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Put it in the fridge.

65.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Put it in the fridge.
freezer

66.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:59 pm

hahaha. Juggs I'm sure you can ask around, you must have a relative or friend of your mom's who does that sort of thing. I had a friend in Gainesville who did that but moved away
Actually I think my sis/law might be able to do that kinda thing.

User avatar 67.Irish Mike » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Just went into the break room and someone left 3 seconds on the microwave. :panic:

68.evs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 pm

yeah I never really got why anyone wants to put their most precious delicate thing where its bound to get gravy, wine and everything else on it. Maybe it made sense 100 years ago but I don't get it.

69.Flight of the Gator » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Who the fuck reheats coffee? Is he a great depression survivor or something?
I say the same thing. Pour that shit out sir and get you a new cup. He never listens.. :lol:

70.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 pm

yeah I never really got why anyone wants to put their most precious delicate thing where its bound to get gravy, wine and everything else on it. Maybe it made sense 100 years ago but I don't get it.
I could throw it away and not give a shit :lol: Sure it's pretty and old, but I only have it because I kept her dining set and the ex wanted to keep it

71.Juggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 pm

One of the boss men just called me 3 times in a row. That was like 30 rings. I'm either not here or I'm ignoring you FFS

72.Juggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 pm

A PM and also a VP gets an invoice for outsourced production for a project. $1100. He didn't have that accounted for in his budget. Ignoring that it's a project management issue that he didn't budget for something he knows is a requirement in the contract, it's just the manner in which it was presented. External invoice vs. accounting just taking it from his budget. But he wanted me to look into the pricing, which I've done before and the now retired head of IT refused to acknowledge and cost us money:

Outsource: They charge us 20 cents a square foot.

Inhouse production: 12.5 cents a square foot charged to the client, plus a minimum of $120/hr of employee time for production and the contract for that piece of shit plotter is $10,000 a year.

We actually LOSE money by at least 50% by doing this shit inhouse. Why the fuck do they keep that $10k/yr contract and waste our time? :banghead: :facepalm:

73.HawaiianGator » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:39 pm

A PM and also a VP gets an invoice for outsourced production for a project. $1100. He didn't have that accounted for in his budget. Ignoring that it's a project management issue that he didn't budget for something he knows is a requirement in the contract, it's just the manner in which it was presented. External invoice vs. accounting just taking it from his budget. But he wanted me to look into the pricing, which I've done before and the now retired head of IT refused to acknowledge and cost us money:

Inhouse production: 12.5 cents a square foot charged to the client, plus a minimum of $120/hr of employee time for production and the contract for that piece of shit plotter is $10,000 a year.

We actually LOSE money by at least 50% by doing this shit inhouse. Why the fuck do they keep that $10k/yr contract and waste our time? :banghead: :facepalm:
only reason we kept the large format printer (we quit the plotter routine 5-7 yrs ago) was the expediency for the single sheet needs and its ability to scan in color. we did go through a period where there was little choice for outsource and it would take 2 days to deliver a print order. now we have a local source again, back to the single sheets. we reduced the cost of the large format drastically.

74.Juggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:57 pm

only reason we kept the large format printer (we quit the plotter routine 5-7 yrs ago) was the expediency for the single sheet needs and its ability to scan in color. we did go through a period where there was little choice for outsource and it would take 2 days to deliver a print order. now we have a local source again, back to the single sheets. we reduced the cost of the large format drastically.
We have a separate plotter for small job needs, color boards for presentations, scanning, etc. This piece of shit is only for large/multiple sets going to bid. Which we barely use anymore because many clients are content with 11x17.

75.HawaiianGator » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 pm

We have a separate plotter for small job needs, color boards for presentations, scanning, etc. This piece of shit is only for large/multiple sets going to bid. Which we barely use anymore because many clients are content with 11x17.
shit 90% of what i do is electronic now. 1 have a 42" TV and a 70" TV (their resolution kinda sucks vs a true monitor, but i work for cheap MFrs) to view my stuff. we still get hard copies, but only one set these days.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else