work bitching

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

326.Flight of the Gator » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Nobody but nobody fucks with our IT guy here. He is a civilian and does awesome work for us. We have an issue...he is right there no matter what time or day of the week it is. You even think of throwing our IT guy under the bus...the ramifications are so severe you wished you never brought up the complaint.

327.Juggs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Nobody but nobody fucks with our IT guy here. He is a civilian and does awesome work for us. We have an issue...he is right there no matter what time or day of the week it is. You even think of throwing our IT guy under the bus...the ramifications are so severe you wished you never brought up the complaint.
It should be that way. This place would come to a standstill pretty quick if he was gone. Fucking politics of a business

328.evs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:49 pm

we had one that while a nice guy, was terrible.

User avatar 329.99inNC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Why are there people having fucking meetings the week before Christmas when have the attendees are not going to be there? It shows clearly on the Outlook invite who will not be in the office. Yet, they have the meeting anyway and now in back to back meetings this question has been asked, "Where is everyone?" Without a tinge of irony. Fuck, dude. Cancel the meeting.

330.evs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Why are there people having fucking meetings the week before Christmas when have the attendees are not going to be there? It shows clearly on the Outlook invite who will not be in the office. Yet, they have the meeting anyway and now in back to back meetings this question has been asked, "Where is everyone?" Without a tinge of irony. Fuck, dude. Cancel the meeting.
hahaha this group I'm in the obnoxious guy ALWAYS wants to have meetings over Christmas and new years and everyone is like "no one is here, there is no point" and we spend 10 minutes convincing him its pointless every freaking year. he wanted to try to meet with a new administration appointee this week or next and its like why so he will hate us?

331.Juggs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:03 pm

We always have submittals for the government the last day before whichever day we get off for Christmas. And then it sits on their desk until mid January because they essentially shut down until then :facepalm:

User avatar 332.99inNC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:13 pm

hahaha this group I'm in the obnoxious guy ALWAYS wants to have meetings over Christmas and new years and everyone is like "no one is here, there is no point" and we spend 10 minutes convincing him its pointless every freaking year. he wanted to try to meet with a new administration appointee this week or next and its like why so he will hate us?
So fucking stupid. Like on this call right now. Two seemingly intelligent people just asked me what capacity I think my managers and their teams have over the next 2 weeks. Here was my actual reply as best I can remember saying 5 minutes ago.

"Well, it's December 19th. People are already out of the office and by Thursday, it'll be a ghost town. Next week, it'll be a graveyard. The first week of January, the trickle effect will be happening and then by the week of the 8th, we should be at full capacity. Are we all on the same page now?"

No one wants to argue with the ranking director on the call the week before Christmas when I'm turning into a Scrooge when it comes to stupid granular questions that have obvious answers.

333.HG 2.0 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:36 pm

We always have submittals for the government the last day before whichever day we get off for Christmas. And then it sits on their desk until mid January because they essentially shut down until then :facepalm:
We have the same issues now. OUR clock runs but we can't get a PO, and if we did...it goes to Greece for the products, and they are out until early January.....and we now have a State Fire Marshal review that's become critical path because of three weeks lost at holiday...

User avatar 334.99inNC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 pm

The last call...done right. Dude prefaces with, "I know there aren't many people on this call, so gonna do a quick recap and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New year and give you 45 minutes back.

That's how you fucking do it. :lol:

335.evs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 pm

The last call...done right. Dude prefaces with, "I know there aren't many people on this call, so gonna do a quick recap and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New year and give you 45 minutes back.

or, cancel it?

I just got my bonus, it is very good

336.gatorbreeze » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm

or, cancel it?

Drinks on Evs!!! :numby: :numby:

User avatar 337.99inNC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm

or, cancel it?

That works as well!

And congrats!!!

User avatar 338.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm

I've been stuck at a work station in the middle of the main office area with the peasants while my office is renovated. I can't believe how much chitchat, whispering and simple stupid conversation goes on. I get that most of my staff has nothing to do, but damn. It's been miserable.

User avatar 339.GFY » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 pm

I've been stuck at a work station in the middle of the main office area with the peasants while my office is renovated. I can't believe how much chitchat, whispering and simple stupid conversation goes on. I get that most of my staff has nothing to do, but damn. It's been miserable.
:walkitoff:

User avatar 340.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:06 pm

stfu, dick breathe. This is a work bitching thread. I'm bitching.

341.HG 2.0 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:44 am

or, cancel it?

Downfall of starting a new job...

342.Fishon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:54 am

User avatar 343.evs' Boytoy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:01 am

I've realized that this one lady can't make a fucking decision to save her life. She just starts off with "David, I don't..." And my response is immediately "I don't know." Know your shit and handle your shit.

This is why she's been in an entry level position for well over 10 years. Know your limits, I guess.

Hate. I have it. Campus is dead and I'm as busy as a filthy bitch. And I have a buzz.

:gaah:

344.Fishon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 am

I've realized that this one lady can't make a fucking decision to save her life. She just starts off with "David, I don't..." And my response is immediately "I don't know." Know your shit and handle your shit.

This is why she's been in an entry level position for well over 10 years. Know your limits, I guess.

Hate. I have it. Campus is dead and I'm as busy as a filthy bitch. And I have a buzz.

:gaah:
i'm unusually busy for this time of year, too. we got this new grant in January and it's been a bitch all year

345.9508 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:12 am

That is quite “a atory”.

User avatar 346.evs' Boytoy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:15 am

That is quite “a atory”.
Who called it a story?

347.9508 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 am

That is quite “a atory”.
Who called it a story?
No one. Least of all Reb.

348.Juggs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 am

Redundancy. I Fucking hate it. Stop it. Especially on the same fucking drawing.

349.HG 2.0 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 am

or, cancel it?

Wow....I got me a little Christmas bonus too....unexpected!

User avatar 350.Irish Mike » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:28 am

I got a bonus. I'll drink it away by tomorrow night. Yay me.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else