work bitching

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

501.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

We've discussed it before, but I just love, love, love getting an email followed 1.5 minutes later by a phone call asking "did you get me email?" Eat shit.
I do this a lot because I get excited :oops:
My boss and I do this, but it's expected. She'll IM me and tell me she's sending me something and then she sprints across the place to my office and shuts the door to discuss it. It's usually gossip related or a heads-up on something big work wise. I know it's good when she starts with "you cannot tell a single person...."
oooh yes

502.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 pm

The fuck knuckle that's always a pain in my ass from the Jax office is in my design file. I've tried to contact him to get out so I can continue with my work...no response. So I'm sitting here charging his project...for an hour now....and haven't even opened it up yet. The guy loves me and gives me excellent reviews, but I'm about to have to tell him to leave 100% of the work up to me or I'm going to have to go to his boss and have this shit shut down.

503.evil gator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:32 pm

just had a convo with my boss about whether I'm annoying naturally or only when I'm trying

User avatar 504.evs' Boytoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I think we could have helped you with that answer.

505.HG 2.0 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 pm

"When board personas are REAL"

506.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 pm

:lol:

User avatar 507.99inNC » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Consider me among the ranks of people who have two bosses. My actual boss lays pretty low and says little and when she does say something it's a lot and in a burst and then it's radio silence.
Then her boss will send multiple e-mails for a couple days, bitch about things he doesn't like, bitch about our teams, be overall demanding and unfair and then he'll make jokes. He's a maddening person.
And then one of my peers who's been here a while thinks he's the boss of all the other directors in the group and feels free to share his inane thoughts on what everyone is doing.

508.evil gator » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm

I pretty much do what I want until I get into trouble

509.evil gator » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:15 pm

been my MO since childhood

User avatar 510.99inNC » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:23 pm

I pretty much do what I want until I get into trouble
It's a good philosophy for most situations. They say we have an "ask for forgiveness" policy. But they only mean it for themselves.
Like, "Oh sorry, we only gave you this file today that we've had for 3 weeks. Can you have one of the analysts on your team work on it and get it back to me in 2 hours? Yeah, I know it doesn't exactly fit the workflow that we've been evangelizing for almost 2 years, but we need them to drop everything an prioritize it since I forgot or neglected to send it to you.....

511.Flight of the Gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Fucking snot ass Lieutenant fresh out of OTS is fucking with my Crew Chief who has more time on the shitter then the Lieutenant has life. No one...I mean NO ONE yells at my Chief other then me or the bossman! In the 10+ years I've known the Chief I have yelled at him one time and that was because he refused to go home early for his wife's birthday after I ordered him to. My boss has been informed and he wants this cocksucker and I in his office after lunch today for a little chat. This is going to be good! I hope the fucker smarts off with us.

512.evil gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:16 pm

I don't often agree with flight but I also hate it when people yell at subordinates, so poo all over this person

User avatar 513.ufgators68 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 pm

I don't often agree with flight but I also hate it when people yell at subordinates, so poo all over this person
Yup.

514.HG 2.0 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Fucking snot ass Lieutenant fresh out of OTS is fucking with my Crew Chief who has more time on the shitter then the Lieutenant has life. No one...I mean NO ONE yells at my Chief other then me or the bossman! In the 10+ years I've known the Chief I have yelled at him one time and that was because he refused to go home early for his wife's birthday after I ordered him to. My boss has been informed and he wants this cocksucker and I in his office after lunch today for a little chat. This is going to be good! I hope the fucker smarts off with us.

User avatar 515.Cus » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Didn't you have this same problem with a shavetail LT vs a Master Sergeant a while back?

516.Flight of the Gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Didn't you have this same problem with a shavetail LT vs a Master Sergeant a while back?
Different LT and he just got his ass chewed by my boss about 20 minutes ago. Bossman left and then it was my turn. Told him if he ever yelled at my Crew Chief again without coming to see me first...he would never make Captain.

517.Flight of the Gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:42 pm

That was pretty much the scene there...standing tall in front of us both! He tried to open his mouth but Boss told him to shut the fuck up while he was ahead. :lol:

518.Flight of the Gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Yeah we don't tolerate that. You don't fuck with the people who keep things safe and look after your well-being. Far as not agreeing with me...fuck you! :lol: :lol:

User avatar 519.99inNC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Get the fuck out of my office.

God, this dude needs to limit the caffeine. Leave me alone for 10 minutes.

520.evil gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 pm

ha, I like visitors; my RBF keeps people away I fear

User avatar 521.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Had to google RBF. :lol:

User avatar 522.99inNC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Not that. Just did an interview with the guy. But he gets all jacked on coffee all day long and then when I need to get something done he doesn't take the cues.

And Jabs, yeah RBF is definitely a thing. :lol:

523.evil gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Not that. Just did an interview with the guy. But he gets all jacked on coffee all day long and then when I need to get something done he doesn't take the cues.

I think it's because when people walk by I'm reading vd or reb posts; normally I'm smiley

User avatar 524.99inNC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 pm

I think it's because when people walk by I'm reading vd or reb posts; normally I'm smiley
Don't let it affect your cheery disposition, you slag!

525.evil gator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Don't let it affect your cheery disposition, you slag!
I am super cheerful in the morning and it alienates people :oops:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else