work bitching

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 476.evs' Boytoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 pm

This particular place had both. Some of the folks living in there were neat and clean. Others...probably the majority...lived in trash dumps. I spent several days going through every unit lighting furnaces (I can't remember....maybe 250 units total). Notices had been sent out several times starting weeks in advance. So many apartments had shit just stacked up and trash everywhere. People sleeping everywhere in the middle of the day and nobody budges. Then I'm on call and get a call that a sink is clogged. I arrive to find the place lit up with grills going, music playing and kids running around at like 1AM on a weeknight. The one I worked in prior to that was 20 units. The apartments I entered weren't like that. The tenants were good folks and while I know a few were playing the system, I believe most worked. I lived in one of the units in exchange for pulling maintenance. That's where the nickname Super Dave was stuck on me. Somebody wrote it in black marker on my apartment door and my friends ran with it.

For you local f's.....the big complex is Village and Forest Green Apartments on NE 15th, mid '90s.

477.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

I'll have to think of these stories next time my wife suggests buying and fixing up a rental property. I've heard from some folks that Section 8 tenants can be good because they don't want to lose their subsidy, but then I read stuff like this.
yeah it can be decent income in Gainesville but can be a giant headache too. I had the best luck with couples since they seemed least likely to trash.
grad students ftw.
Yeah I know a couple people who rent to grad students only (or at least professionals, no pets, etc.). They don't have much of a problem and it's worth it to them.

478.52:20 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Ugh, my millinial gave his notice. I’m going to have to travel to Baltimore every other week till I find a replacement. I’d say shoot me dead, but that’ll probably happen on one of my trips anyway. Dude had crazy unrealistic expectations, but was a hard working mofo
to Baltimore from where?
Tampa

479.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Ugh, my millinial gave his notice. I’m going to have to travel to Baltimore every other week till I find a replacement. I’d say shoot me dead, but that’ll probably happen on one of my trips anyway. Dude had crazy unrealistic expectations, but was a hard working mofo
to Baltimore from where?
Tampa
Is there much difference other than the weather?

480.evil gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 pm

ugh what a pain

481.52:20 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm

to Baltimore from where?
Tampa
Not that Tampa is a great place, but Baltimore is much, much worse. Have you ever been? I used to hear "The inner harbor is nice". You go down there now and theres a good chance you get robbed or worse. Some 60 year old woman was beaten pretty badly a couple weeks ago. Insane number of murders. It's a shit hole.

User avatar 482.evs' Boytoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm

That's how I feel about New Orleans.

483.52:20 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 pm

That's how I feel about New Orleans.
Maybe a little cleaner than the french quarter after mardi gras, but I think they are similar.

User avatar 484.evs' Boytoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Damn.

485.evil gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

yeah even if you don't get killed in Baltimore you will be accosted and abused by hobos

486.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Tampa
Not that Tampa is a great place, but Baltimore is much, much worse. Have you ever been? I used to hear "The inner harbor is nice". You go down there now and theres a good chance you get robbed or worse. Some 60 year old woman was beaten pretty badly a couple weeks ago. Insane number of murders. It's a shit hole.
Never been, just taking a jab at Tampa :lol:

487.52:20 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Never been, just taking a jab at Tampa :lol:
I'm here in protest. Plan on moving back to jax at the end of the year.

User avatar 488.Irish Mike » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Tampa
Bodymore, Murderland!

User avatar 489.RIP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm

FUCK NEBRASKA. Every damned time I work on an Omaha project it's all fucked up. They have decided they are special snowflakes and want everything done 10x more elaborately than the entire country. Ugh.

490.Juggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm

I was just going to bring up this thread. I work with a bunch of god damn buffoons who always expect me to solve their problems, however simple :suicide:

User avatar 491.99inNC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 pm

FUCK NEBRASKA. Every damned time I work on an Omaha project it's all fucked up. They have decided they are special snowflakes and want everything done 10x more elaborately than the entire country. Ugh.

492.Juggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Frasier'd

493.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

I immediately get angry every time I hear my phone ring. 99% of the time it's 1 of 3 people.

2 of them know I'm on a deadline and I'm not working on their shit right now. 1 of them calls anyway and starts off with, "this doesn't have to be done soon, but..."

You know I'm on a fucking deadline, if it doesn't have to be done soon, why the fuck are you bothering me with it right now?

494.9508 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Exactly. Now you have to waste time bitching about them on a novelty message board!

User avatar 495.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 pm

We've discussed it before, but I just love, love, love getting an email followed 1.5 minutes later by a phone call asking "did you get me email?" Eat shit.

User avatar 496.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Exactly. Now you have to waste time bitching about them on a novelty message board!
This is his deadline.

497.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 pm

We've discussed it before, but I just love, love, love getting an email followed 1.5 minutes later by a phone call asking "did you get me email?" Eat shit.
happens all the time by 2 of them :suicide: As well as leaving a 2 minute voice mail only to follow it up with an email that either says "call me" or explains what they just said in the voice mail. So I delete their voice mails without listening to them.

And I always build posting time into my schedules. I'm infinitely better and more efficient at my job than anyone in this position, so I can easily pad on a few hours and no one blinks an eye because it's still better than if they used someone else :lol:

498.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I do this a lot because I get excited :oops:

User avatar 499.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 pm

My step dad does something similar that irritates me for some reason. He'll call my cell....and I see that he's called my cell. Then he'll text me asking me to call him.

Really? I guess it's payback for not having voicemail on my cellphone.

User avatar 500.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

I do this a lot because I get excited :oops:
My boss and I do this, but it's expected. She'll IM me and tell me she's sending me something and then she sprints across the place to my office and shuts the door to discuss it. It's usually gossip related or a heads-up on something big work wise. I know it's good when she starts with "you cannot tell a single person...."
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else