work bitching

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

376.52:20 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Alright....which one of you motherfuckers gave me a cold?! My ass is grounded to a fucking desk in the meantime!
Just a cold? I was going to E-coli or at least pink eye by dragging my ass all over your belongings.

377.E&H » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:27 pm

I spent all last week at a customer site where our product performed so poorly I got walked out at 9:45am on Thursday.

Today, we do a 4 hour postmortem of why our network doesn't, you know.. pass traffic. :suicide:
Maybe they were just being polite?

User avatar 378.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Talk to me, Goose

User avatar 379.ufgators68 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Alright....which one of you motherfuckers gave me a cold?! My ass is grounded to a fucking desk in the meantime!
hard to say, we pretty much all lick everything on your desk whenever we're sick
Joke is on you. He rubs his balls all over everything before he leaves.

380.evs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:14 pm

hard to say, we pretty much all lick everything on your desk whenever we're sick
Joke is on you. He rubs his balls all over everything before he leaves.
ha, and vd snail trails all over the place

381.Juggs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Thermostat is always set at 68 heat and 73 a/c. It's like 45 degrees outside.

Why the fuck does the thermostat say it's 72 degrees in here? It's hot and stagnant :suicide:

User avatar 382.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 pm

It was 63 in my house when I got home. Bumped the heater on so I can shower without turning into a hippiesicle.

383.Flight of the Gator » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 pm

As if it isn't fucking cold enough here at Tyndall AFB.....I've been asked to go to the US Air Force Academy to review their flight program and evaluate some new potential pilots coming up the pipeline. Why the fuck didn't you ask me this in the summer time?!

384.evs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm

As if it isn't fucking cold enough here at Tyndall AFB.....I've been asked to go to the US Air Force Academy to review their flight program and evaluate some new potential pilots coming up the pipeline. Why the fuck didn't you ask me this in the summer time?!
then you'd be complaining about the heat, you snowflake

385.Juggs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:06 pm

It was 63 in my house when I got home. Bumped the heater on so I can shower without turning into a hippiesicle.
I have the heater set on 60 I think. Space heater in the bedroom and and bathroom so it can get toasty for my shower. I'm too cheap to heat the entire house for just me :lol:

User avatar 386.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 pm

I have the heater set on 60 I think. Space heater in the bedroom and and bathroom so it can get toasty for my shower. I'm too cheap to heat the entire house for just me :lol:
I was thinking the same earlier this week so I went looking for a space heater. Everyone was sold out. I ordered one online, but it won't be here before it's 70 again. I'll bring it to work since the one I have here is about dead.

387.Flight of the Gator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 am

then you'd be complaining about the heat, you snowflake

388.GFY » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Snowed Wed.

Work closed Thursday.

Work communicated that we would work Friday but a major water main broke and they told us to stay home. This one girl and guy who are married and rumored to be fucking each other. They both came into work to be caught fucking.

:lol:

389.52:20 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Snowed Wed.

Work closed Thursday.

Work communicated that we would work Friday but a major water main broke and they told us to stay home. This one girl and guy who are married and rumored to be fucking each other. They both came into work to be caught fucking.

She hot?

390.GFY » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 pm

Snowed Wed.

Work closed Thursday.

She hot?
Not bad.

391.Juggs » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Come in to some work on my chair this morning. From the one person in this office that I hate working with. He's flaky as shit, indecisive, unorganized, and NEVER projects his work. He just shows up and thinks it can be done right away. It puts me on red immediately every time. He'll often just stop in and say, "can I interrupt you for an hour or two?" and I say no. I usually do it anyway because it's easier to get him out of my hair. But he'll laugh and think I'm joking when I'm really looking at him like I'm going to strangle him.

This morning I finally just tell him no, I'm not squeezing him in. Don't care if it's urgent. Get my boss to tell me to stop my work on my Thursday deadline, as well as my work on the project that is currently the company's top priority project. The work that was scheduled ahead of time. My boss tells me to switch jobs, then I'll help you.

User avatar 392.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Quarterly departmental call. Hundreds of people on WebEex's from their PC or from conference rooms. Our VP has about 90 minutes worth of content that he crams into 60 minutes and then tries to leave about 2 minutes at the very end of the call or when we're over time and then asks for questions.

Yes, because people love to ask questions in front of hundreds of people, many of whom they don't know with a lot of audio interference and a department head who thinks passive aggressive humor is enjoyed by everyone.

What a tremendous cluster fuck this hour of my life is. And I have to stay on as you never know when he'll just surprisingly kick it to you to for your thoughts or to deliver a slide that you've never seen before. If it wasn't so comical, I'd cry or smash a PC. :lol: :lol:

User avatar 393.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Ah, even better...he is in a salty mood this morning. :lol: This is such a great way to showcase leadership.

User avatar 394.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 pm

With less than 12 minutes left on the call, he's still going. And the 4 department heads (myself included) will get to read our portions at warp speed and try to pronounce foreign names and butcher them like the micro machines pitch man.

User avatar 395.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

30 minute call. Facilitator is 12 minutes late. Proper etiquette is to cancel/reschedule, right? You don't just assume that everyone will extend the end of the meeting an additional 10-15 minutes because you couldn't get off your last call.

396.Juggs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm always stuck working with this old guy in our Jax office because he'll have a fit if I'm not working on his projects. Nice guy, but he insists on "helping" by doing some of the work himself. He barely knows the software, he can't follow company standards, and he generally just fucks shit up.

No, you're not fucking helping by taking care of those 5 items yourself because I spend time cleaning your shit up. Just redline it or type it up and send it to me FFS.

Trying to get something to a client this morning and I've spent the last hour fixing his shit when I could have done it right in 10 minutes :suicide:

397.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm always stuck working with this old guy in our Jax office because he'll have a fit if I'm not working on his projects. Nice guy, but he insists on "helping" by doing some of the work himself. He barely knows the software, he can't follow company standards, and he generally just fucks shit up.

No, you're not fucking helping by taking care of those 5 items yourself because I spend time cleaning your shit up. Just redline it or type it up and send it to me FFS.

Trying to get something to a client this morning and I've spent the last hour fixing his shit when I could have done it right in 10 minutes :suicide:
why do people do this? it should be one of the first things of a work relationship, what's the easiest way for us to get shit done.

398.rampart » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm

This is how I feel whenever a review medic apprentice run reports before I sign them and make them legal. They need to learn how to write them correctly but dammit if it doesn't take me two times longer than if I just wrote it myself. I've only had one apprentice that was so bad that I just told him to stop. He also got lost constantly.

399.Juggs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

why do people do this? it should be one of the first things of a work relationship, what's the easiest way for us to get shit done.

He's also starting to slip a bit mentally I think. Dude is well past retirement age. For a long time our Jax office was more like a different company. They did whatever they want with no monitoring and he's been here forever. I cringe every time I have to go back to one of their old projects, they're so fucked up. But he's use to seeing their fucked up work and doesn't see anything wrong with it. Unfortunately he won't be gone until he decides to retire because he's part of the "good ol' boy network" with a couple clients who he's known for a long time and they like him.

400.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 pm

He's also starting to slip a bit mentally I think. Dude is well past retirement age. For a long time our Jax office was more like a different company. They did whatever they want with no monitoring and he's been here forever. I cringe every time I have to go back to one of their old projects, they're so fucked up. But he's use to seeing their fucked up work and doesn't see anything wrong with it. Unfortunately he won't be gone until he decides to retire because he's part of the "good ol' boy network" with a couple clients who he's known for a long time and they like him.
yeah our jax office was a mess too, good ole jax
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Empathy For Men.