The Foreigner

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.ufgators68 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 am

Looks pretty good.

2.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Not the usual role for him. And he totally store that move from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves :lol:

3.9508 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Not the usual role for him. And he totally store that move from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves :lol:
And by move you mean being the lead in the film and standing around with a blank expression?

User avatar 4.99inNC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 pm

I like the "one man army seeking revenge" genre. When they're done well, super entertaining.

5.Supes44444 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 pm

this does look good.

6.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:13 pm

And by move you mean being the lead in the film and standing around with a blank expression?
:lol:

I think Chan does a little more than standing around :lol:

7.9508 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 pm

I think Chan does a little more than standing around :lol:
At the very least he has the correct accent.

User avatar 8.DocZaius » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Love Jackie Chan, but how do they expect us to believe that a 65-year-old dude has a 10-year-old daughter, never mind that he proceeds to go on an ass-kicking rampage against well-trained soldiers and terrorists?

(edit: this does look great, though, I will probably see it)

9.evs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Love Jackie Chan, but how do they expect us to believe that a 65-year-old dude has a 10-year-old daughter, never mind that he proceeds to go on an ass-kicking rampage against well-trained soldiers and terrorists?

(edit: this does look great, though, I will probably see it)
uh...

10.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Men don't stop the ability to have kids at a certain time in their life ya know :lol:

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Men don't stop the ability to have kids at a certain time in their life ya know :lol:
I'd suggest figuring that shit out then.

12.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:24 pm

I'd suggest figuring that shit out then.
hah

User avatar 13.99inNC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Ah, plenty of older guys still do the action movies. Neeson, Cruise, Ford...it's all good. Movies like this are about suspending disbelief in the first place.

14.evs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Ah, plenty of older guys still do the action movies. Neeson, Cruise, Ford...it's all good. Movies like this are about suspending disbelief in the first place.
and that style of fighting has never relied on brute youthful strength. He's like 5'1"

User avatar 15.RIP » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Sweet. He's John Wick's Asian uncle.

User avatar 16.99inNC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:35 pm

and that style of fighting has never relied on brute youthful strength. He's like 5'1"
Exactly. He's still entertaining, a big global box office draw and he can still do it. More power to him.

User avatar 17.DocZaius » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Yes, I know it's physically possible. It's just not something you see often.

The types of guys have kids when they're older also have younger wives (because old ladies are no longer equipped to have kids), and leave the child-rearing duties to them or to a nanny (old men with young wives tend to be wealthier than average because otherwise young women would not marry them).

I'm just sayin'.

User avatar 18.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 pm

It's like the old saying......if I had a dollar for every woman that didn't find me attractive.....eventually, they'd find me attractive.

19.evs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:11 pm

one of my most attractive friends married a guy older than our parents when we were 19. he wasn't even rich. its not that uncommon.

20.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Sweet. He's John Wick's Asian uncle.

If I'm going with an urban one man army (intentionally excluding Commando and Rambo), I'd go with Seagal :oops:

User avatar 21.DocZaius » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Strangely enough, one of the kids in my son's class has an old man for a dad. True to form, rich guy married to a trophy wife.

User avatar 22.99inNC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 pm

It's like the old saying......if I had a dollar for every woman that didn't find me attractive.....eventually, they'd find me attractive.
ahahaha
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else