Political thread - AKA 9508's Anti-Trump Shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

401.MoralityULack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Putin knocks off another one...
London (CNN)Nikolai Glushkov, a Russian businessman the UK refused to extradite to Russia on fraud charges, has died in his London home, his neighbor Pat Egan told CNN.
You have no proof! False flag! Fake news!!!!

402.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Putin knocks off another one...
London (CNN)Nikolai Glushkov, a Russian businessman the UK refused to extradite to Russia on fraud charges, has died in his London home, his neighbor Pat Egan told CNN.
this is just dumb

403.MoralityULack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Trump on previous Putin murders...
But, in all fairness to Putin, you're saying he killed people. I haven't' seen that. I don't know that he has. Have you been able to prove that? Do you know the names of the reporters that he's killed? Because I've been — you know, you've been hearing this, but I haven't seen the name.
( On Litvinenko) "Have they found him guilty?” Trump said. “I don't think they've found him guilty.”
You know, and I’m not saying this because he says, ‘Trump is brilliant and leading everybody’ —the fact is that, you know, he hasn’t been convicted of anything.”
“There are a lot of killers,” Trump says. “Do you think our country is so innocent? Do you think our country is so innocent?

404.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm

this is just dumb
Dumb? It's what you scream every day.
about something completely different. Are you capable of rational thought or discernment? Its getting boring.

405.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Dumb? It's what you scream every day.
about something completely different. Are you capable of rational thought or discernment? Its getting boring.
Let me spell it out for you. Every time something comes up that runs counter to trump's bullshit talking points, you scream fake news. You did it today with respect to the Tillerson firing. Even though no less than 20 news outlets reported he found out he was fired over twitter, you went into a tizzy screaming it was fake news.

You defend trump on here every day and say you think he's just a senile old man, and you just think we should ignore him, etc. No.

If you want to run in circles like a blithering idiot, defending yourself from who you really are, fine. You're doing a great job. I would respect you more if you just admitted who you really are. If trump can do it, so can you. Just nut up.
none of that is true. I have merely pointed out the pointlessness of endless outrage about Trump, that he's not going to change and with a R congress, unlikely to be forced to. I've said repeatedly he's a shitshow, as is his admin, though its possible to say that, mean it, and agree with some of things the admin is doing in certain areas, and the hypocrisy of the press. All of those things can be true, it just takes a bit of thought and consideration, which you are unable to do.

but nothing says nutting up like an alias.

406.Fishon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 pm

it is entertaining how Tillerson was considered so awful and biased by liberals; now they are bemoaning his departure like he was wonderful.
The only knock I know of on him is that he had so much business in Russia people were afraid he would roll over for Russia. Maybe by comparison to other administrations he did, but by comparison to others in this administration he turned out to be a Russia hawk. I don't know that he was great, but he was well.... sane. A low bar, but a very meaningful one in this administration. And for that unforgivable crime he being purged and replaced with a further right wing yes man. In a way Tillerson is being replaced not by Pompeo but by Trump. I don't know why you would expect any reasonable person to like that. And the way he was fired was so ....Trumpish.
wait, does it say "Dirksen" on that building in the background?

407.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 pm

The only knock I know of on him is that he had so much business in Russia people were afraid he would roll over for Russia. Maybe by comparison to other administrations he did, but by comparison to others in this administration he turned out to be a Russia hawk. I don't know that he was great, but he was well.... sane. A low bar, but a very meaningful one in this administration. And for that unforgivable crime he being purged and replaced with a further right wing yes man. In a way Tillerson is being replaced not by Pompeo but by Trump. I don't know why you would expect any reasonable person to like that. And the way he was fired was so ....Trumpish.
gumshoe'd

408.Fishon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 pm

gumshoe'd
ha, yeah after googling it, that was a dumb statement.

409.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 pm

you have been too busy keeping all the GOT characters straight to know all the congressional office buildings, it's cool.

410.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

oh no, did I strike a nerve?

User avatar 411.evs' Boytoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Good. Then make like a tree and get outta here.

412.MoralityULack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Trump to levy $30B in new tariffs on China and start a trade war with them....just before negotiating with their dependent proxy over not nuking America

User avatar 413.evs' Boytoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Good. Then make like a tree and get outta here.
Kurt Russell weeps at your stupidity.
I'm sure he burns a lot of energy fretting over me.

User avatar 414.evs' Boytoy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 am

I'm always right.

415.52:20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 am

Trump is a fucking embarrassment for many things as an American and republican. Unless a lot of his policies actually work, I’ll be able to say that I’ve never voted for him. And it would have to be a easily identifiable win for me to allow myself to give him credit, but I can’t fault him yet for playing like he has aces until he fails. There is absolutely no doubt we’ve been playing as if we had a shit hand for decades. China has been exploiting us in many ways and using our strength as leverage has been a foreign concept. Hell Chinahas been running roughshod over us...Why? We have the money(or credit) and the economy that has allowed them to grow unchecked. Why aren’t we setting terms. In many cases, we allow them to do protectionist shit without any pushback. Hell, it is expected as a US business that if you do business in China, open a manufacturing plant, that it is a matter of time before they confiscate your plant. Seriously, they take your shit as soon as they learn how to run it. In my industry, they have done this to my company, and a competitors. My company, Canadian,was naive, the competitor was banking on getting access to the population before getting taken over. They have smelled weakness on us for a long long time. Politicians in general, regardless of party have been bending over. I can hate Trump for being a shitty person in general, but changing our position/stance on these things may just work. Again, his a shit, so it’ll have to be easy to differentiate actual accomplishments rather than bluster for me to give credit, but I cannot damn him for this on the onset. Honestly, if you were to list his progress in the year and change he’s been in charge in international issues out there with a more respected presidents name tied to it most would say it has been pretty damn good. I’m not sure what he has accomplished is worth the possible damage done, but being pissed off doesn’t negate progress. I hesitate to call anybody a sheep on the left anymore because he is a bonafide ass hole, but negative reporting on the international policy (maybe not trumps language) seems ultra partisan to me, as in Trump did this, so it is aggregious. Separate stupid blustering and feelings about the dude and he can’t get a failing grade in this stuff yet (for me).

416.shutout » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:51 am

Anybody got a tldr for that Trainwreck?

417.52:20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:53 am

Trump is a fucking embarrassment for many things as an American and republican. Unless a lot of his policies actually work, I’ll be able to say that I’ve never voted for him. And it would have to be a easily identifiable win for me to allow myself to give him credit, but I can’t fault him yet for playing like he has aces until he fails. There is absolutely no doubt we’ve been playing as if we had a shit hand for decades. China has been exploiting us in many ways and using our strength as leverage has been a foreign concept. Hell Chinahas been running roughshod over us...Why? We have the money(or credit) and the economy that has allowed them to grow unchecked. Why aren’t we setting terms. In many cases, we allow them to do protectionist shit without any pushback. Hell, it is expected as a US business that if you do business in China, open a manufacturing plant, that it is a matter of time before they confiscate your plant. Seriously, they take your shit as soon as they learn how to run it. In my industry, they have done this to my company, and a competitors. My company, Canadian,was naive, the competitor was banking on getting access to the population before getting taken over. They have smelled weakness on us for a long long time. Politicians in general, regardless of party have been bending over. I can hate Trump for being a shitty person in general, but changing our position/stance on these things may just work. Again, his a shit, so it’ll have to be easy to differentiate actual accomplishments rather than bluster for me to give credit, but I cannot damn him for this on the onset. Honestly, if you were to list his progress in the year and change he’s been in charge in international issues out there with a more respected presidents name tied to it most would say it has been pretty damn good. I’m not sure what he has accomplished is worth the possible damage done, but being pissed off doesn’t negate progress. I hesitate to call anybody a sheep on the left anymore because he is a bonafide ass hole, but negative reporting on the international policy (maybe not trumps language) seems ultra partisan to me, as in Trump did this, so it is aggregious. Separate stupid blustering and feelings about the dude and he can’t get a failing grade in this stuff yet (for me).
So you're cool with the tariffs?
Absolutely. Or whatever or competitors are calling the reciprocal.

418.52:20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 am

Trump may be an a-hole, but let's wait and see on the reactionary economic policy, because his company got F'd up the A recently. :beatsme:
As has ever other non-Chinese company. Or we could play bitch while funding the growth of every other emerging economy at the expense of our low/middle class. You do realize that’s who loses right?

419.52:20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:33 am

Ok, so you are a-ok with taking a bitch seat in macroeconomic international politics for the time being. Pay more than the big dog should pay as long as we are being a good subservient partner on the world stage? We haven’t used our leverage (which helps the liberal base more than anybody) in decades because we need to be a good partner? We’ve been playing bitch for far too long. Really, look at the disparity that we have with China rather than abstract shit you hear. I know it’s crazy to talk to businesses who have experience I this ad you would see them as an enemy, but know first hand what happens, tell me how we have gained at lest parity to China in trade in the last decade. I’m not going to paint you with a misunderstanding before you can clarify, but the majority of us have no flucking clue. Again, fuck trump, the guy is a disease, but fuck being in the bitch seat when we are the absolute buyer on the world stage. We are the bull, when we allow others to act as the bull, our low/middle class suffers and I don’t give a shit if the world body hates the bull, China sure as shit will take the reins and shove our faces in it. I’m going to live in upper middle class regardless, the liberal base will suffer or prosper based on our position.

420.9508 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

If we agree with the facts?

421.9508 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am

Let the legal wrangling begin!

User avatar 422.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

At first I thought it was vodoun but quickly realized his paragraph structure is better.

Bet you didn't know he invented paragraphs huh?

423.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 pm

10 mill for 600 votes

424.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm

10 mill for 600 votes
:console:
why would I be sad? It's for a seat that will disappear. if the D won, fine, he seems like a good moderate.

the outside spending was astonishing though.

425.MoralityULack » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Manafort facing 305 years - so far.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else