New and improved shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1351.shutout » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Players can play in 4 games before redshirting.
holy shit. that is gonna be interesting.

1352.shutout » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 pm

they still have 5 years to play 4, but i wonder if we'll see guys getting experience at the end of the season. it doesn't look like there's a stipulation on which 4 they can play in (as in, they can't play past the 4th game).

1353.shutout » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

this is old news, but:
Both the Division I and Division II groups adopted proposals that prevent former players from taking part in practices at their former schools.

In a statement Wednesday, the NCAA said “the proposal is intended to negate competitive and recruiting advantages schools potentially could gain by allowing former student-athletes to practice with the current team.”

Several teams have been taking part in this practice over the years most notably Alabama, which brought in former players like Blake Sims and Trent Richardson to prepare for opponents.
fucking Bama.

1354.Supes44444 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Fuck Bama

User avatar 1355.Cus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Players can play in 4 games before redshirting.
holy shit. that is gonna be interesting.
Hmmm, the NCAA is 2 for 2 today with intelligent decisions.

That means tomorrow they come up with 4 dumb ones to balance it out.

User avatar 1356.RIP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:34 pm

a reputable insider on GC says to look for 7-10 guys to be suspended for the 1st game due to that massive surprise drug test a while back.
We are going to have some suspensions for the first game. Not 30 players which was mentioned before but it will be a good number of people out for the first game. I presume the number could change depending on what happens over the next couple of months. Right now, I would say the number is around 7-10 people. This was just recently announced to certain leaders on the team. I know a few of the names, but I’m not gonna say who they are. So please don’t ask. Same old reasons (mainly weed) for the suspensions.

Now for the good news:

DM is truly doing something about the reasons for the suspensions. I’m not going to delve into this any more here other than to say that there is a clear policy and procedure in place with clear consequences. I have posted before about DM’s use of peer pressure to get people in line. That is happening in this arena as well. I am told that the leadership players are absolutely confident this (weed) will be under control soon. In fact, where we are today versus where we were in January is already fairly dramatic. But the problem persists. DM is not going to ignore it.

Yesterday was a players-only workout day. They worked out by position group. Jalen Jones worked out with the quarterbacks. He looked good .. no, he looked really good. @brettmorey has posted about how good this kid is. He is dead on right.

The players did another weigh—in/measurement day over the past few days. Trust me when I tell you that we are getting big, strong and fast. The players are pumped because they can actually see the difference. Wait till those photos are posted with the cumulative before and after. Savage could be an Internet sensation with that kind of marketing material. It’s not just putting on pounds. It’s getting absolutely ripped and strong - 4th quarter strong.

I know the boards seem to be bummed about the lack of signing recruits. That negative attitude is not anywhere around the coaching staff. They feel terrific about where we stand recruiting-wise. Building relationships, getting people on campus, and selling the Florida way family-style. That’s the plan. The Coaching staff is thrilled with the buzz (damn, I should choose a different word given the bad news) and positive response we have received.

More later.

KC

EDIT: I forgot to add other good news: no one is in trouble with the law. No hidden investigations going on, no credit card problems, etc. And no new injuries.

User avatar 1357.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm

I am told that the leadership players are absolutely confident this (weed) will be under control soon.
Once they've smoked it all.

1358.PG. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm

How long until the world gets over weed being the devil's instrument?

Do you think players should be able to smoke? Maybe 21 and over? And assume we are in Cali or some legal state.

I don't want them getting high before practice or games but after a big win I think coach should supply the Ganga.

And I wonder if coaches are tested. Because I'm pretty sure Mac was high most of the time.

User avatar 1359.RIP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:58 am

TE Lucas Krull committed to UF.

User avatar 1360.Cus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 am

Nice! Eligible right away and has 3 years to play I believe.

1361.9508 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 am

That 5 knife blade spining thing should come in handy.

User avatar 1362.GFY » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:48 am

User avatar 1363.Irish Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am

That 5 knife blade spining thing should come in handy.

The Glaive!

User avatar 1364.Cus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 am

Gonna really enjoy 90,000 fans yelling "KRULLLLLL!!!!!!!"

User avatar 1365.99inNC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 am

I love "Mr. Show" so much.
When I watch, it makes me feel like King Shit of Fuck Mountain.

1366.Supes44444 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Damn, 6'7" 255 lb tight end? Yep, he will do.

User avatar 1367.99inNC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm

He hasn't played in a while. Fingers crossed, the performance will eventually match the measurables.

User avatar 1368.Cus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:44 pm

He hasn't played in a while. Fingers crossed, the performance will eventually match the measurables.
His HS film is decent, his senior year stats were in the neighborhood of 800+ yds receiving and 10 TDs. Very good hands.

User avatar 1369.Irish Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 pm

His HS film is decent, his senior year stats were in the neighborhood of 800+ yds receiving and 10 TDs. Very good hands.
So obviously, he'll look great the first half of the first game, then snap his leg running to the locker room.

1370.shutout » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 pm

So obviously, he'll look great the first half of the first game, then snap his leg running to the locker room.
dead of sepsis from a scooter injury before the UT game.

User avatar 1371.Cus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 pm

YOU JINXING MOTHERFUCKER YOU TAKE THAT BACK AND GO BURN SOME HAIR WITH SALT ON IT!!!!!!!!!

that is WAY too close for comfort.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else