Today's social media outrage

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.rynogator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Shaun White dragged the American flag on the ground after winning the gold last night. I think he might have actually even trampled it with his snowboarding boots at one point. Anyway, I'm not hugely upset about it but I can't say I didn't cringe when I saw it happening. I realize he was just excited and probably didn't realize he was doing it, but it is kinda one of those things that any adult American is expected to know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... e5f0ed1eef

2.Fishon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm

what do you expect from a soulless ginger

3.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

what do you expect from a soulless ginger
ahaha

4.9508 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 pm

The selective flag outrage is getting old.

5.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

yeah who cares. he's an American who is proud of it and did something good, cut him slack.

he's not setting it aflame.

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Technically, I don't think he's supposed to drape it over his shoulders or even carry it like that, but nobody bitches and moans when athletes do it. Being bent about one and not another is silly.

7.9508 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Technically, I don't think he's supposed to drape it over his shoulders or even carry it like that, but nobody bitches and moans when athletes do it. Being bent about one and not another is silly.
Exactly

8.HG 2.0 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

yeah who cares. he's an American who is proud of it and did something good, cut him slack.

he's not setting it aflame.
Agreeeeeeee

9.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Yeah I don't care. It was careless stupidity. Sure he should know better, but his mind was elsewhere. Plus he's a millennial, so go figure.

User avatar 10.Cus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Shaun White dragged the American flag on the ground after winning the gold last night. I think he might have actually even trampled it with his snowboarding boots at one point. Anyway, I'm not hugely upset about it but I can't say I didn't cringe when I saw it happening. I realize he was just excited and probably didn't realize he was doing it, but it is kinda one of those things that any adult American is expected to know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... e5f0ed1eef
It caught my eye but I didn't feel any large measure of outrage. Seems like he loves the USA so play on.

User avatar 11.Cus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah I don't care. It was careless stupidity. Sure he should know better, but his mind was elsewhere. Plus he's a millennial, so go figure.
I was enjoying the fact that he's twice the age of the rest of the field and schooled all of them one time.

Also, was it just me or was half the field Japanese?

12.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

so like a lot of things only ryno cares?

User avatar 13.panamag8or » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Isn't he like, 50?

User avatar 14.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Isn't he like, 50?
In Olympic years, yes.

15.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Isn't he like, 50?
30 or 31

User avatar 16.DocZaius » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm

I would have figured that there'd be more outrage about the settlement of his sexual harassment suit. I guess the Washington Post missed it, but USA Today's got the scoop!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 335956002/
As White took his bows Wednesday, cementing his place in Olympic history, I had a question:

Why in the world aren’t we talking about this? In the midst of the #MeToo movement, how has White somehow flown under the radar?

By Wednesday afternoon, we started to get some answers. At a 13-minute U.S. Olympic Committee news conference in which only male reporters were called upon, despite at least two women having their hands up the entire time, White blithely swatted away the one question he received about the allegations.

“Honestly, I’m here to talk about the Olympics, not gossip,” he said. “I am who I am, and I’m proud of who I am and my friends love me and vouch for me and I think that stands on its own.”

Zawaideh’s allegations are incredibly disturbing. White sent her images of erect penises, forced her to watch sexually disturbing videos, including videos sexualizing human fecal matter, and made vulgar sexual remarks about her relationship with her boyfriend, according to the complaint, which Slate and Deadspin brought renewed attention to on Wednesday.

17.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 pm

I would have figured that there'd be more outrage about the settlement of his sexual harassment suit. I guess the Washington Post missed it, but USA Today's got the scoop!

As White took his bows Wednesday, cementing his place in Olympic history, I had a question:

Why in the world aren’t we talking about this? In the midst of the #MeToo movement, how has White somehow flown under the radar?

By Wednesday afternoon, we started to get some answers. At a 13-minute U.S. Olympic Committee news conference in which only male reporters were called upon, despite at least two women having their hands up the entire time, White blithely swatted away the one question he received about the allegations.

“Honestly, I’m here to talk about the Olympics, not gossip,” he said. “I am who I am, and I’m proud of who I am and my friends love me and vouch for me and I think that stands on its own.”

Zawaideh’s allegations are incredibly disturbing. White sent her images of erect penises, forced her to watch sexually disturbing videos, including videos sexualizing human fecal matter, and made vulgar sexual remarks about her relationship with her boyfriend, according to the complaint, which Slate and Deadspin brought renewed attention to on Wednesday.
in fairness its only one person. he's a douche if he did that, but when it's less than a few its fair to not dwell overly on it.

On a related note, the Olympic villages are apparently full of nonstop fing

User avatar 18.Cus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 pm

in fairness its only one person. he's a douche if he did that, but when it's less than a few its fair to not dwell overly on it.

Do tell

User avatar 19.Denver-Gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:47 pm

(CNN)Are organizers of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang expecting the most promiscuous Winter Games in modern history?

The Olympics are set to begin next week, and with no plans to be outdone by previous winter games host cities, organizers of the South Korea games have supplied athletes with 110,000 condoms. That's 10,000 more than the number doled out to athletes during the previous Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia -- and only about 100 more athletes are participating in this year's games.
OK let's do the math: the Olympic villages are expected to welcome 2,925 athletes representing 90 nations. That works out to around 37 condoms per competitor. That seems like a lot of condoms for an event scheduled to last two weeks.
Members of the media and spectators need not feel left out. The contraceptives will be made available to them as well.

20.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Do tell
https://qz.com/748168/the-olympics-of-s ... cs-of-sex/

User avatar 21.GFY » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Do tell
https://qz.com/748168/the-olympics-of-s ... cs-of-sex/
450,000 condoms were handed out in Rio. :lol:

What a fucking Olympics.

User avatar 22.RIP » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm

the folks from burning man set up an orgy tent in every Olympic village.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else