Yikes

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 am

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... police-say

Stalker shows up at YouTubers' house to kill them and ends up getting shot by the police :shock:

2.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

stalking: how not to do it

3.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

though if I end up mysteriously dead I hope one of you guys comes forward to the cops...

4.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 pm

F'n Dale.

5.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm

F'n Dale.
ahaha I love Dale, I told him he has 20 minutes to speak at my meeting and he sent me his slides (ahead of time at least) and there are 52 effing slides. Come on man.

6.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

I hate power point presentations

7.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

is there another option for educating people in an efficient way?

User avatar 8.RIP » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm

9.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

hahahaha

10.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Depends on the number of people and setting, really. We have them with 50 people in the conference room and only the front half can even read the damn screen :lol:

I'd rather have a hard copy in front of me or a PDF if I'm on the computer. Granted, the presenter still needs it for speaking purposes, but I tend to see people drift off pretty quick on our presentations :lol:

11.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Depends on the number of people and setting, really. We have them with 50 people in the conference room and only the front half can even read the damn screen :lol:

I'd rather have a hard copy in front of me or a PDF if I'm on the computer. Granted, the presenter still needs it for speaking purposes, but I tend to see people drift off pretty quick on our presentations :lol:
I personally can't remember what I want to say without them, nor do I want 50 people staring at me the whole time I talk

12.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

I personally can't remember what I want to say without them, nor do I want 50 people staring at me the whole time I talk
That's what's great about hard copies. Look down at the table shitheads!

13.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

That's what's great about hard copies. Look down at the table shitheads!
a waste of paper, and like occasional eye contact to see if I'm still making sense or going off on some tangent and losing everyone.

14.Juggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I give no fucks about waste of paper. We go through so much...awesome for an environmental firm :lol:

15.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:20 pm

I give no fucks about waste of paper. We go through so much...awesome for an environmental firm :lol:
it's a pain to print, make sure you have enough copies, etc, screw all that. Look it in your computer, I will send you the file.

16.52:20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm

So you want a power point presentation, you just want it printed for you?

17.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I don't read the shit anyway, so I don't actually care. I just see half the room unable to even see the screen from 20-30 feet back.
And then we sit through a million questions that shouldn't have to be asked if they were able to read the fucking thing

18.evil gator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:01 pm

I don't read the shit anyway, so I don't actually care. I just see half the room unable to even see the screen from 20-30 feet back.
And then we sit through a million questions that shouldn't have to be asked if they were able to read the fucking thing
I feel like you could use an eye exam and corrective lenses

19.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:03 pm

I didn't say me....A good chunk of my coworkers are old. Had an eye exam last summer, still perfect vision.

20.evil gator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I didn't say me....A good chunk of my coworkers are old. Had an eye exam last summer, still perfect vision.
There are always old guys in my presentations and they ask questions based on the slides, so people can see powerpoints. Do you guys have a tiny screen or something?

21.52:20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm

There are always old guys in my presentations and they ask questions based on the slides, so people can see powerpoints. Do you guys have a tiny screen or something?
I think they put a laptop on a stool at the front of the room.

22.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

It's not huge. Not as big as it should be considering it's on the same wall as a couple 80" screens for video conferences.

23.evil gator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:17 pm

so your objection is to shoddy tech, not powerpoint in itself then.

its a good tool if used correctly.

24.Juggs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

This is in a room that fits 100 people. I don't think most people can read that from 40 feet away even when on an 80" screen. If it's mostly pictures, sure...but if there's a lot of text in there, it's getting sized down.

I'd say it's probably more on poor layout of the slides trying to put too much information into it.

25.52:20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

This is in a room that fits 100 people. I don't think most people can read that from 40 feet away even when on an 80" screen. If it's mostly pictures, sure...but if there's a lot of text in there, it's getting sized down.

I'd say it's probably more on poor layout of the slides trying to put too much information into it.
People who load up slides with text should be shot.
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned