Last Kingdom

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Fishon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Any of you Viking nerds started watching the Last Kingdom? Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix. It's fast paced story-telling, especially compared to Vikings or GOT. Really good stuff so far

User avatar 2.ufgators68 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Yeah. I watched them... and don't remember a damn thing about either season. :lol:

3.Juggs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Yes, after egs mentioned it a while back. Good show.

4.evs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 pm

yeah I've only watched the first series but it's great; the second series is on my list; I think it's better than Vikings.

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Didn't realize season 2 was out. I watched season 1.

6.Juggs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:50 pm

King Alfred has such a punchable face.

7.Fishon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:25 pm

yeah I've only watched the first series but it's great; the second series is on my list; I think it's better than Vikings.
It didn't start out that way, but I agree that it has surpassed Vikings at this point.

8.Fishon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:26 pm

King Alfred has such a punchable face.
Odda the Younger is 1a if not the most punchable :lol:

9.Juggs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 pm

It didn't start out that way, but I agree that it has surpassed Vikings at this point.
I guess I'm in the minority in loving Vikings. But like The Hobbit trilogy, they could have condensed it a lot and made it much better. But this is History channe, who's succumbed to mostly reality to and forgot how to make good shit.

User avatar 10.Irish Mike » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:49 pm

History Channel is pure shit. 20 years ago they had interesting stuff on there. Now it is Pawn Stars and American Pickers 24/7.

11.Fishon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 pm

I guess I'm in the minority in loving Vikings. But like The Hobbit trilogy, they could have condensed it a lot and made it much better. But this is History channe, who's succumbed to mostly reality to and forgot how to make good shit.
I've really enjoyed Vikings, but now that Ragnar is dobe, I don't really see anyone who can carry the show. Plus the writer (same dude who did the Tudors) has been a little self-indulgent with all the Athelstan shit and continuibg to write his no talent daughters into major stories

12.Juggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 am

Historically bjorn did way more than his dad who is borderline mythical. If the writing is right....

User avatar 13.angrigator » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:26 am

I watched both seasons and read like 8 books about Uthred. Good stuff

14.evs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

I watched both seasons and read like 8 books about Uthred. Good stuff
yeah that guy is a good writer and it translates well to tv

User avatar 15.Cus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

I liked that Obba guy, he was pretty funny in his own kill everyone kind of way.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else