Remington

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.MoralityULack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:14 am

Bankrupt.

User avatar 2.ufgators68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 am

Tis what happens when your QC goes to shit and you keep pumping out shitty versions of what was formerly your best products.

3.GFY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Bankrupt.
I am sure this will make you a Trump fan, fuckface.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/754890/gu ... rump-blame

4.9508 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Guess the manufacturers need a boogeyman.

User avatar 5.anglo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Bummer. As a kid, I learned how to shoot on my dad's Nylon 66. Still love plinking with that thing.

6.MoralityULack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Pretty much the standard when I was growing up. Like a Ford pickup. I had more Browning stuff, but my Dad had a couple shotguns over the years. I killed my first deer with a borrowed Remington 30-06 automatic.

Several years ago I said there was going to be a downside to all the ridiculous fear mongering about the UN showing up take your guns. Everyone went out and bought guns they didn't need in a short period. Stocks were bought at inflated prices. Now there is no demand and the used market is flooded. Plus, all these people buying guns were buying guns to play war with at the range. The people I knew that bought Remington bought guns for hunting.

Too bad. I blame Ted Nugent and all he represents.

User avatar 7.ufgators68 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 am

The buying craze may have had something to do with Remington's troubles but their quality has tanked since they were bought by the freedom group. That loss in qc is, in my opinion, the biggest factor for their ills.

I bought an 870, a few years ago, and had to spend hours with fine sand paper and 0000 steel wool to make it feed low brass ammo.

They have also had several new pistol lines fail... from bad r/d and bad qc.

I have a 700 adl, that my dad is using, that is 20 years old. It will still group sub-moa at 100 yards and it has had thousands of rounds down the tube.

8.MoralityULack » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 am

Good to know. There still may be some purchases down the road. I always thought of them as practical and reliable even if they weren't art. Too bad.
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned