winter olympics

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

51.MoralityULack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Red Mountain pass

In rain

And snow

52.MoralityULack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:36 pm

and now suddenly VD is a ski expert and has been to most of the biggest ski resorts in the world....imagine my surprise face
I stated I am not a great skier. I don't go often enough. But I have skied Big Bear, Squaw Valley, Homewood and South Lake Tahoe. Park City, The Canyons, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton, Sundance. Telluride, Crested Butte, Breckinridge, Copper Mountain, Aspen, Snowmass, Steamboat, and Big Sky. Maybe a few others.

User avatar 53.GFY » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm

I stated I am not a great skier.
bad enough to hit a tree? :bbj:

54.MoralityULack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 pm

I stated I am not a great skier.
bad enough to hit a tree? :bbj:
I dont ski trees. Nice open blue and easy black runs. Not even now. My wife blew her knee out at Snowmass and I just stick with her and she takes it pretty easy. I might get a couple runs in for me at the end. If we go now it is mostly for the scenery and the town. Hence Crested Butte. But - for making her ski she punishes me by making me skate - which I might crack my head open at.

User avatar 55.Denver-Gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 pm

and now suddenly VD is a ski expert and has been to most of the biggest ski resorts in the world....imagine my surprise face
I stated I am not a great skier. I don't go often enough. But I have skied Big Bear, Squaw Valley, Homewood and South Lake Tahoe. Park City, The Canyons, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton, Sundance. Telluride, Crested Butte, Breckinridge, Copper Mountain, Aspen, Snowmass, Steamboat, and Big Sky. Maybe a few others.
I'm not exactly sure why he thinks this is some sort of jet set lifestyle claim. I had been to about 3/4ths of those places before moving out West, plus some others.

I guess some folks are afraid to get out of their Florida cocoon and experience something different in life, like winter sports.

56.MoralityULack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Most of those places are easy to just drop in and ski. They are famous because everybody goes there.

I want to ski Taos before its too late, but I would have to move back and ski a lot first. Not so Crested Butte where their easiest prettiest run is 3 miles long. Or Squaw where you take a gondola to field of green runs at the top.
Last edited by MoralityULack on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

57.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:09 pm

:lol: I haven’t commented a single time in this thread until then just to take a shot at Vd’s usual schtick :facepalm:

58.MoralityULack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 pm

:lol: I haven’t commented a single time in this thread until then just to take a shot at Vd’s usual schtick :facepalm:
Well thats the point. Theres nothing in my "schtick" that is a big deal. You just gotta get out and do stuff. Its only a big deal for people who don't.

User avatar 59.evs' Boytoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 pm

I've only skied in the Alps many, many times and Snowshoe once. Snowshoe sucked. Alps rock.

User avatar 60.evs' Boytoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 pm

I've only skied in the Alps many, many times and Snowshoe once. Snowshoe sucked. Alps rock.
interested to hear your take on megadeth vs. Metallica.
Neither can ski worth a shit.

User avatar 61.Denver-Gator » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:11 am

Look at Jabbs, you jet setter!!!! :lol:

User avatar 62.Irish Mike » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 pm

:lol:

63.MoralityULack » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:51 pm

I want to ski Taos before its too late
My wife reminded me last night that we ran into Willie snowboarding at Sundance in 2006? 7?. He would have been 74. So I have a little more time maybe.

User avatar 64.evs' Boytoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Look at Jabbs, you jet setter!!!! :lol:
I don't wear this monocle for nothing.

User avatar 65.Cus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm

interested to hear your take on megadeth vs. Metallica.
Neither can ski worth a shit.
This kind of answer is why your place on the Mt Rushmore of TGB is assured.

66.HG 2.0 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm

... I wish the women’s hockey uniforms were more revealing..... :bra:

User avatar 67.GFY » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Dude got the first ever medal for US in Luge. Silver. :numby:

User avatar 68.evs' Boytoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

really? :lol:

User avatar 69.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Relentless

70.HG 2.0 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:43 pm

really? :lol:
It’s not hard to understand why dirk is so fixated on me...he is lonely

User avatar 71.evs' Boytoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm

:lol: LOOK AT IT!

User avatar 72.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

:lol:

73.HG 2.0 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Very predictable response. :lol: About as original as your run of the mill Reb post. Ironic that you troll Vod every day on here like flies on shit, within minutes of any of his posts, there you are with your ignorant, redneck drivel. But I am obsessed with you. Ok. :lol: I enjoy mocking you.

I just think it's hilarious when people brag about mundane things. You have a hot girlfriend? Fine. Most who do wouldn't call attention to it on a message board of all places, yet here you are. You strike me as a cliched mid-life crisis guy. Divorce? Check. Loses most prized possession in life...a basement bar? Check. Then there is the whole Jeep thing.

If you didn't come on here and wax idiotic every day, you might be cool. Hard to tell, but when the bar is set at bragging about a girlfriend's looks, I doubt it.
You keep bringing it up bud ...time and time again .....enjoy your miserable existence, I’m just fine

User avatar 74.evs' Boytoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Let me get this straight, you keep bringing it up because you disagree with his political opinion?

Now it all makes sense. reb may have a challenger.

User avatar 75.RIP » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Also I'm pretty sure HG never bragged about it. Someone else saw it on his facebook and commented. I could be wrong though...
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else