winter olympics

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:09 pm

who cares

User avatar 2.panamag8or » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 pm

It's pretty much morphed into winter X games... with curling.

3.evil gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:16 pm

It's pretty much morphed into winter X games... with curling.
but not as good of a soundtrack.

4.evil gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 pm

I listened to the hell out of this

User avatar 5.RIP » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 pm

don't care at all

User avatar 6.Denver-Gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 pm

who cares
I'm kind of surprised. You like cycling, which is much like some of the X-C Skiing events in that it's an endurance sport and a bunch of people race at the same time. Also, the biathlon is great because it has shooting too. It'd be kind of fun if they set up some gun ranges on the TDF course and made them carry loaded rifles on their bikes, wouldn't it?

And the skiing events are really cool too, especially the faster ones like the downhill and the super-G.

But, I hate all the judged skating events, could care less.

7.evil gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:42 pm

who cares
I'm kind of surprised. You like cycling, which is much like some of the X-C Skiing events in that it's an endurance sport and a bunch of people race at the same time. Also, the biathlon is great because it has shooting too. It'd be kind of fun if they set up some gun ranges on the TDF course and made them carry loaded rifles on their bikes, wouldn't it?

And the skiing events are really cool too, especially the faster ones like the downhill and the super-G.

I like cycling because I do it. growing up not rich in flat areas I never did any winter sports and don't care about them.

User avatar 8.Denver-Gator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

who cares

I like cycling because I do it. growing up not rich in flat areas I never did any winter sports and don't care about them.
I'm not what you would consider rich, and have skied quite a bit even prior to moving to Colorado from Florida. And nordic skiing is about the cheapest thing you can do, whether you're in the mountains or the plains of Indiana.

User avatar 9.DocZaius » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Hard to get excited about stuff you're not really exposed to. Most of us grew up in Florida.

User avatar 10.Irish Mike » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 am

The Russians have a hot chick on their curling team.

Trump told me.

User avatar 11.ufgators68 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 am

Pole dancing is supposed to be joining the games.

12.HG 2.0 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am

13.9508 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:51 am

I’ll just leave this here

14.HG 2.0 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:25 am

I’ll just leave this here

Seriously.... for fucks sake

User avatar 15.DocZaius » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 am

Coins are racist.

16.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:29 am

Hard to get excited about stuff you're not really exposed to. Most of us grew up in Florida.
I know life long Floridians who now live in Tampa that are huge hockey fans. And I know for fact they never gave a nanoseconds shit about hockey :facepalm:

17.Juggs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:30 am

Coins are racist.
Even the brown one has a white man on it

User avatar 18.GFY » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 am

I love pussy!

19.Supes44444 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm

I like to watch the hockey and to some extent the bobsled. Some of the skiing is fun but for the most part the winter olympics suck.

20.gatorbreeze » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Yes, yes they do.

21.evil gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm not what you would consider rich, and have skied quite a bit even prior to moving to Colorado from Florida. And nordic skiing is about the cheapest thing you can do, whether you're in the mountains or the plains of Indiana.
I love it when you try to act like skiing isn't elitist.

User avatar 22.Denver-Gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm

I don't have rich friends here. Most of them ski. I'm not sure how it's an elitist sport? It's about elitist as golf.

23.evil gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm

I don't have rich friends here. Most of them ski. I'm not sure how it's an elitist sport? It's about elitist as golf.
the fact you're so defensive is telling. "I don't have rich friends" is akin to "I have lots of minority friends!"

24.evil gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm

but again, skiing in a narrow geographic area like new England or Denver or WA state is different than the whole rest of the country where its not an option and is just boring to watch.

User avatar 25.Denver-Gator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:58 pm

the fact you're so defensive is telling. "I don't have rich friends" is akin to "I have lots of minority friends!"
Again, if it's an elitist sport, then we must have a lot of elite people here crowding the roads to the mountains every weekend. Look at all those Mercedes and BMWs on the road!!!
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else