Baseball Schlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 51.RIP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm

:lol: dammit

User avatar 52.99inNC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 pm

a sunburn probably
:shakefist: I’ll have a long sleeved lightweight shirt,hat and sunscreen. :nono:
And will your blind date be holding a rose and wearing a purple hat?

User avatar 53.angrigator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm

a sunburn probably
:shakefist: I’ll have a long sleeved lightweight shirt,hat and sunscreen. :nono:
???

54.evil gator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm

I met GFD at a baseball game, many moons ago

User avatar 55.99inNC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm

???
It just sounded like a description you'd give someone when meeting for the first time. :lol:

User avatar 56.99inNC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Our Sunday pitching is what puts us a cut above the rest.
http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gat ... es-gators/

And more on one of those Sunday starters.
http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gat ... re-season/

57.rynogator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I'll be there Friday night and Sunday this weekend. Very excited about this team and not the least bit concerned about the transfers. None of those guys ever really played and they are on a loaded team, so it's not surprising to see.

User avatar 58.99inNC » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I'll be there Friday night and Sunday this weekend. Very excited about this team and not the least bit concerned about the transfers. None of those guys ever really played and they are on a loaded team, so it's not surprising to see.
I'm excited as well. However, after watching my loaded expectations for the b-ball team go south quickly, and following a national championship season, I'm going to keep my expectations low and reasonable. :lol:

59.rynogator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm excited as well. However, after watching my loaded expectations for the b-ball team go south quickly, and following a national championship season, I'm going to keep my expectations low and reasonable. :lol:
Understandable. In the case of the baseball team, I think high expectations are more reasonable considering we are the defending champs and are starting the season ranked #1. But I agree that we should all wait until we've seen at least a few series played and have a better sense of the team on the field, not just on paper.

User avatar 60.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm

They'll drop a few midweek games against inferior opponents and the baseball "fans" will come out of the woodwork.

61.Fishon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 pm

They'll drop a few midweek games against inferior opponents and the baseball "fans" will come out of the woodwork.
WE SHOULD WIN ALL 60+ GAMES!! :eg:

User avatar 62.99inNC » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm

:lol: :lol: to all of that. Yeah, anytime you play a longer season like baseball, the shitbirds who think you win every game should understand that you can't be "up" for every game. It's a fucking grind. I'm just talking about the fact that baseball can be a shitty thing. Teams get hot and you can lose a short series or tourney against an inferior opponent. If it happens, people should calm the fuck down and realize how hard it is to win a CWS.

63.evil gator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm

:lol: :lol: to all of that. Yeah, anytime you play a longer season like baseball, the shitbirds who think you win every game should understand that you can't be "up" for every game. It's a fucking grind. I'm just talking about the fact that baseball can be a shitty thing. Teams get hot and you can lose a short series or tourney against an inferior opponent. If it happens, people should calm the fuck down and realize how hard it is to win a CWS.
yeah this is the problem with being a football school. one football loss can kill you; you can lose a bunch of baseball or basketball games and still be okay.

User avatar 64.evs' Boytoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm

And Sully doesn't put a starter out there for the midweek games. Gulf Coast rolls in and starts their ace against a guy probably getting his first start for the Gators.

User avatar 65.99inNC » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm

And Sully doesn't put a starter out there for the midweek games. Gulf Coast rolls in and starts their ace against a guy probably getting his first start for the Gators.
"Hey, is that trainer busy? Can we get him a uniform for tonight's game against Western Kentucky Wesleyan Christian College?"

User avatar 66.99inNC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm

The #1 MLB draft prospect is ready to get the season underway.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/sing ... ridas-ace/

User avatar 67.99inNC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Seen at least 2 sites with Singer on top and another where he's #2. Here's the MLB top 10 and Kowar comes in at #10. Say what you want about Sully. But that MF and his coaches can take talent and make it even better. Holy shit.
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=draft

68.GFY » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:51 pm

User avatar 69.ufgators68 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 pm

What's up with Liput being suspended?

70.Cus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:06 am

What's up with Liput being suspended?
Failed a drug test.

User avatar 71.evs' Boytoy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:12 am

Too much badassery.

72.GFY » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:57 am

If Sully was not a ball coach he would be a great mobster. I think he would be breaking knees or shit like that.

User avatar 73.angrigator » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:13 am

Score update?

User avatar 74.ufgators68 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 am

7-1 Gators. Game over.

75.Cus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Tried to watch it on ESPN Watch but it kept rebuffering.
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned