You folks near Silver Springs...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Stay safe...
Herpes concerns could prompt removal of Silver Springs State Park monkeys

ON THE SILVER RIVER, Fla. —

Wildlife managers in Florida say they want to remove roaming monkeys from the state because some are excreting a virus that can be dangerous to humans.

A study released Wednesday finds that some of the wild rhesus macaques in Silver Springs State Park not only carry the herpes B virus, but have it in their saliva and other bodily fluids. This poses a potential risk of spreading the disease to any humans who may be bitten or scratched.

Human cases of the virus have been rare, with about 50 documented worldwide, and there have been no known transmissions of it to people from wild rhesus macaques in Florida or elsewhere.

State wildlife officials say they support removing the invasive monkeys from the environment, though they aren't elaborating on how they would do it.

The full study can be read https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/24/2/17-1439_article.
:lol:

User avatar 2.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

And we all know that at some point some backwoods shitheel will contract herpes from a monkey and this is of course, Florida.

3.Juggs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Those people the monkeys attacked better get tested :lol:

User avatar 4.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Yup. :lol:

I could see blue doing it.

User avatar 5.99inNC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Maybe not banging one. But allowing to come to one of his parties and someone inevitably groping one and then it spreads like wildfire.

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Maybe not banging one. But allowing to come to one of his parties and someone inevitably groping one and then it spreads like wildfire.
I'm sure the groping has already spread at blue's parties.

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 pm

So human cases are extremely rare, and there has never been a known transmission from these monkeys, but let's panic and eradicate them.

User avatar 8.panamag8or » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:42 pm

The state wants to wipe out any vestiges of old silver springs and turn the whole place into a nature trail/kayak park.

User avatar 9.Cus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm

So human cases are extremely rare, and there has never been a known transmission from these monkeys, but let's panic and eradicate them.
F rhesus macaques, they're not indigenous to Florida. Eradicate them with extreme prejudice.

Release the rednecks, problem solved.

User avatar 10.Cus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 pm

The state wants to wipe out any vestiges of old silver springs and turn the whole place into a nature trail/kayak park.
Make sure they pull that stupid boat out of the spring too.

11.PG. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:26 pm

F rhesus macaques, they're not indigenous to Florida. Eradicate them with extreme prejudice.

Release the rednecks, problem solved.
Do they taste like chicken?

User avatar 12.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Rednecks?

13.shutout » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Do you have any idea how fun it'd be to shoot monkeys? Sign me up.

14.Juggs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Not very liberal of you :nope:

15.shutout » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Not very liberal of you :nope:
"Most liberal on the board" still isn't very liberal. I like guns, f'n sue me.

User avatar 16.Irish Mike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm

/Things jtg thinks Juggs says for $1,000, Alex!

User avatar 17.Cus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

/Things jtg thinks Juggs says for $1,000, Alex!
It took a minute but... :lol: :lol:

User avatar 18.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:55 pm

I'll pass on the monkey killing.

19.shutout » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 pm

You?! This is an outrage. I had visions of splitting a handle of wild turkey and eliminating the Florida Herpes Threat of Aught Eleventeen and Seven together.

20.9508 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm

You?! This is an outrage. I had visions of splitting a handle of wild turkey and eliminating the Florida Herpes Threat of Aught Eleventeen and Seven together.
He’s in Mississippi. He prefers to hunt a different kind of monkey

To much?

21.Juggs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Too late. Joke was already played.

22.9508 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Too late. Joke was already played.
Well I have no choice but to agree as you are our expert on racist humor.

User avatar 23.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm

24.Juggs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm

What do a....

oh nevermind

User avatar 25.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 pm

I ain't going to kill it, if I'm not going to eat it. Except for coyotes. Fuck coyotes.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else