Macy’s

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.evs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm

btw I went to Macy's for the 1st time in a few years when I was on a work trip to San Diego and was staying by the Horton Plaza Mall I'd been to when I was young and wanted to go back. I got a pair of pants and black jeans. The dress pants developed a hole in the crotch on the plane (they weren't even tight) and one of the rivets on the jeans fell off the 2nd time I wore them. They eventually gave me a refund, but I remember why I rarely go there. I sometimes order online from them but I wouldn't be surprised if they are completely gone in a decade.

27.Juggs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm

btw I went to Macy's for the 1st time in a few years when I was on a work trip to San Diego and was staying by the Horton Plaza Mall I'd been to when I was young and wanted to go back. I got a pair of pants and black jeans. The dress pants developed a hole in the crotch on the plane (they weren't even tight) and one of the rivets on the jeans fell off the 2nd time I wore them. They eventually gave me a refund, but I remember why I rarely go there. I sometimes order online from them but I wouldn't be surprised if they are completely gone in a decade.
This doesn't really make sense to me...it's not like you can buy a Macy's brand clothing that is cheaper than the big name brands :lol:

28.evs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 pm

This doesn't really make sense to me...it's not like you can buy a Macy's brand clothing that is cheaper than the big name brands :lol:
yeah I don't recall the quality being this poor in the past. They appear to be cutting corners based on the stuff I bought.

Speaking of online shopping, I saw some boots in a store earlier this year I had to have but I wear the most average size so they were sold out everywhere. I just saw them in my size at this online store called SPARTOO which sounds like a made up place but it had good reviews, so I ordered. I will let you know if they drain my bank account and make me homeless.

They are such cute boots tho.

User avatar 29.panamag8or » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:13 pm

There are more shopping areas in Butler and celebration pointe, but the big department stores are still at the mall.

30.evs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm

There are more shopping areas in Butler and celebration pointe, but the big department stores are still at the mall.
f is celebration Pointe? I imagine 311 complains about it somewhere in the ether

User avatar 31.angrigator » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm

f is celebration Pointe? I imagine 311 complains about it somewhere in the ether
It’s a new commercial development off Archer rd just west of a interstate. Bass Pro is the anchor.

32.evs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:22 pm

It’s a new commercial development off Archer rd just west of a interstate. Bass Pro is the anchor.
oh right, I remember when someone posted about that when it was being built.

User avatar 33.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:23 pm

The mall died when Chelsea Street Pub closed.

34.evs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:34 pm

The mall died when Chelsea Street Pub closed.
hahaha one of my friends managed one of those (not in Gainesville) and says it was her favorite job because they were all drunk all the time and making out with customers.

User avatar 35.panamag8or » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

The bigger issue here is will the mall survive? Is Macy's the only dept store? Are sears and jc penney still there? If they are it may not be long.

A lot of malls in smaller markets like Gainesville might be on there way out. It seemed like there was enough traffic when I lived there 10 years ago, but I know I do about 95% of my shopping online now and I imagine others are similar.
Dillard's just announced they are taking over the Macy's space and expanding, doubling in size. The mall lives!

36.Juggs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 pm

The bigger issue here is will the mall survive? Is Macy's the only dept store? Are sears and jc penney still there? If they are it may not be long.

A lot of malls in smaller markets like Gainesville might be on there way out. It seemed like there was enough traffic when I lived there 10 years ago, but I know I do about 95% of my shopping online now and I imagine others are similar.
Dillard's just announced they are taking over the Macy's space and expanding, doubling in size. The mall lives!
Dillard's is too expensive for the crap they have.

37.lil numby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 pm

for dude's stuff, the online j crew and banana republic factory stores are the way to go. the best way to shop is check out the deals every few weeks or so.

as an example, unlike someone who's stuck wearing jeans from some shitass mall store with a target market of tween skanks and college tweekers, i got a few pairs of j crew jeans for $16 each.

38.Juggs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:43 pm

I hate getting clothes online. Shit almost never fits to the size. Last time I bought jeans online, same brand, size, style....not even close to the same fit.

39.lil numby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

I hate getting clothes online. Shit almost never fits to the size. Last time I bought jeans online, same brand, size, style....not even close to the same fit.
it's not ideal for fit, but both those places are pretty good about using the same sizing for all their stuff. so if the "classic fit" L works for a polo, it should work for a button down.

User avatar 40.Cus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Amazon is my Wal-Mart now.

41.Juggs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Penneys, Belk, Sears is still there. I don't know how Sears is, nobody is ever in there.

There's been talk of an outlet mall being developed on the west side of 75 and archer. If that happens, it will kill the mall. Or maybe not, still a lot of kids hanging out at the mall.

42.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I order every day clothes from online from brands like Eddie Bauer, Banana Republic, Patagonia, and Vasque and have never been disappointed. Dress clothes you have to try on and I go to the department stores and usually wind up at Nordstrom. But there are companies getting started with detailed computer modeling of clothes. In 5-10 years there will be no need to try on.

43.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Yes. You get to shop in pajamas and not have your picture posted on the internet.

User avatar 44.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Penneys, Belk, Sears is still there. I don't know how Sears is, nobody is ever in there.

There's been talk of an outlet mall being developed on the west side of 75 and archer. If that happens, it will kill the mall. Or maybe not, still a lot of kids hanging out at the mall.
Sears is overpriced. I was in there a while ago with a friend and I priced some items in the outdoor area and some tools. Same identical items I found elsewhere for way less. No wonder they are going under.

User avatar 45.Cus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Yes. You get to shop in pajamas and not have your picture posted on the internet.
And I don't have to walk around in a store filled with Juggs', Jabbers, and blues.

User avatar 46.GFY » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 pm

And I don't have to walk around in a store filled with Juggs', Jabbers, and blues.
:lol:

User avatar 47.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Juggs, Jabbers, and blues.

Only topless honkytonk in Alachua County.

48.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm

when you order a lot online, you just have to plan on sending a lot of it back; men's seems a lot more consistently sized than ladies though.

User avatar 49.panamag8or » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:01 pm

when you order a lot online, you just have to plan on sending a lot of it back; men's seems a lot more consistently sized than ladies though.
Does this count as empathy for men?

50.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Does this count as empathy for men?
no, it's chimp's fault
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else