Daniel Day Lewis (not dead)

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Gangs of New York, There Will Be Blood, Lincoln...
No. No. No...
Watch him in Last of the Mohicans and the Gangs of NY. The guy is a serious characyer actor. They say he actually tries to live the character before filming. A true method actor. He's awesome as Bill the Butcher.
Okay, I'll watch them. Sometime during the next two weeks.

User avatar 27.Irish Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 pm

:shock:

28.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Poor Fishon.

User avatar 29.Cus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Don't lose your head.

30.Juggs » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:11 pm

No. No. No...
Watch him in Last of the Mohicans and the Gangs of NY. The guy is a serious characyer actor. They say he actually tries to live the character before filming. A true method actor. He's awesome as Bill the Butcher.
Mohicans is one of my all time favorites. Just a beautiful and excellent movie. Vastly different to the much later Gangs of NY.

31.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Mohicans is one of my all time favorites. Just a beautiful and excellent movie. Vastly different to the much later Gangs of NY.
We will see how this goes. I think I still owe Cus a viewing a gangster movie.

32.Fishon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 pm

i remember my dad taking my brother and I to see it in the theater when I was 12 or so. Fn Magua was great and the final action sequence was incredible

33.Juggs » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:17 pm

i remember my dad taking my brother and I to see it in the theater when I was 12 or so. Fn Magua was great and the final action sequence was incredible
And sad. But god damn it's impossible to not love Chingagchook. He's so bad ass and when he takes down Magua....awesome. I really want that war club of his.

My parents met Magua at an event that was at the site where that scene was filmed. Said he was really nice and had the authentic weapons with him.

34.Fishon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:22 pm

And sad. But god damn it's impossible to not love Chingagchook. He's so bad ass and when he takes down Magua....awesome. I really want that war club of his.

My parents met Magua at an event that was at the site where that scene was filmed. Said he was really nice and had the authentic weapons with him.
Wes Studi played several villains right in a row it seemed. I know he was in Dances with Wolves as a Pawnee.

Agree it was sad and Chingagchook was a badass

35.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Spoiler alert, dick heads.

36.gatorbreeze » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Agree with Fish and Juggs...Mohicans was excellent, great cinematography, direction and acting. Magua was a bad ass but chingachgook was a bigger bad ass.
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 37.DocZaius » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Magua got a great endorsement deal out of the movie, too.

38.Juggs » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Hahahahaha.

Seriously Mary, but LotM at the top of your list. You'll probably like it more than other classics like Godfather, Star Wars, etc.

39.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Hahahahaha.

Seriously Mary, but LotM at the top of your list. You'll probably like it more than other classics like Godfather, Star Wars, etc.
Consider it done.

User avatar 40.ufgators68 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 pm

That Heard chick must have fucked him up pretty good.

41.Juggs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 pm

who? :lol:

And he's been fucked up for a while. Didn't he pull a Madonna? Moved to Europe somewhere, suddenly got an accent and likes to hate on America (except to get that Hollywood $$ )

User avatar 42.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 pm

I think he lives in Paris. He has or had an island in the Caribbean.

43.rampart » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 pm

A few years back I went to spend a day on lake lure with the family having no idea the final scene was shot there at chimney rock. I knew it was filmed in NC but not specifically where. That was a nice surprise. Cool story, I know.

44.evs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm

I think he's retired before and came back.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else