vikings

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:55 pm

I thought there was a thread but can't find it.

So we binged on this over the holidays and are caught up. Obviously its a dumb action show but a couple of things stick in my craw

Why is so much time wasted on sacrifice? I get it, they did that and blood was everywhere, why waste so many minutes on it?

why doesn't lagertha ever get any older? She could basically have a grown grandchild (Bjorns kid that died and no one ever noticed) but still looks 20

Still lots of shirtless blond dudes so I will keep watching

2.evs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:59 pm

oh also have we talked about how bad Torvi is and how she's the creators kid? more like TORVI Spelling amirite? LOLZ

3.Juggs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:20 pm

I still love the show...it's finally getting up to speed with Bjorn heading home, setting up the brothers war.

I'm ok with Lagertha, simply because she's really fucking hot (it looks like they may have grayed her hair a little?) :lol: No idea how old the kids are though, there's no real timeline established. Bjorn was about 7 or 8 when Lagertha left Ragnar and he should be about in his late 20s. She could have had him by 15, putting her in the early 40s. It's possible :beatsme: :oops:

I completely forgot about Bjorns kid :lol:

I like the Bishop...he's a bad ass, even if I'm rooting for the Vikings. Not sure I'm crazy about them rehashing the Ragnar story with Ivar bringing a religious dude home, even if the result is exactly the opposite.

User avatar 4.GFY » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:21 pm

It was listed in the "non Football TV" Thread.

https://www.b-side.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... n+Football

5.MoralityULack » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Viking sacrifice is poorly supported. Mostly rumors propagated by Christian propagandists writing about the heathens. Some of the accounts came from Slavic communities well separated from their Scandinavian heritage. They have found maybe half a dozen individuals - children and slaves - that MAY have been sacrifices or sent to the grave with others.

6.rampart » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm

That's it, I need a safe space... going to the soccer thread

7.Fishon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 pm

So we binged on this over the holidays and are caught up. Obviously its a dumb action show but a couple of things stick in my craw

Why is so much time wasted on sacrifice? I get it, they did that and blood was everywhere, why waste so many minutes on it?

why doesn't lagertha ever get any older? She could basically have a grown grandchild (Bjorns kid that died and no one ever noticed) but still looks 20

all legit complaints. I'm still watching, but I keep forgetting its on, so I'll have to go back and watch the one from the other day. The writing has been progressively worse, but now that Ragnar is gone, there is no one to save it. Ivar is way over the top and Judith (Aethwulf's wife) is an atrocious actress.

totally agree on lagertha and torvi. torvi only exists to give the writer's daughter a job.

User avatar 8.DocZaius » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I will still watch it because I'm invested, but it's not as good as it was in the first couple of seasons.

9.evs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:45 pm

all legit complaints. I'm still watching, but I keep forgetting its on, so I'll have to go back and watch the one from the other day. The writing has been progressively worse, but now that Ragnar is gone, there is no one to save it. Ivar is way over the top and Judith (Aethwulf's wife) is an atrocious actress.

totally agree on lagertha and torvi. torvi only exists to give the writer's daughter a job.
ahaha yeah Judith is just awful, hard to know if its the acting or writing but Linus Roache acted the fuck out of Ecbert (rest in peace) so some of its on her.

it's always interesting to watch Jonathan Rhys Meyers (bishop) even though he plays exactly the same part, intense crazy guy.

10.Juggs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:07 pm

I had to IMDB the Bishop to see what else he's been in. Nothing I've ever seen :lol:

King Ecbert was fun to watch, but I like Aethelwulf as King. Unlike his dad, he's stupid, but it's nice to see him on the front lines killing people.

11.gatorbreeze » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:14 am

Trolls can fuck up a wet dream. :147:

12.MoralityULack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:36 am

Sorry if the truth interferes with your prejudices.

13.Juggs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am

It’s a fucking tv show based off a dude who may or may not have even existed. Yet like everything else, you have to come in and cunt all over it.

14.gatorbreeze » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm

It’s a fucking tv show based off a dude who may or may not have even existed. Yet like everything else, you have to come in and cunt all over it.
Yep..it's what trolls do.

15.gatorbreeze » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:59 pm

You certainly are sorry.

16.MoralityULack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 pm

My people are being slandered.

User avatar 17.angrigator » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Dwarfs?

18.Fishon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Dwarfs?
:lol:

19.MoralityULack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Dwarfs?
Not bad. Especially if you consider the Tolkien perspective.

My wife got the genealogy bug and it turns out my paternal line takes me through a prominent member of the Plymouth colony back 3-4 generations in England to a region that was once a large land grant given by William the Conqueror in 1066 to a Norman of my family name. Norman is a corruption of Norseman. Referencing a deal made by the king of France to give Normandy to Vikings in return for them defending Western France for him.

20.MoralityULack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Alternately, I hate historical fiction (which is completely contradictory) and stupid shit on TV.

21.Tommy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:39 pm

I think VD was speaking of his genealogy of Vikings, and I agree, I believe he is descended from the dude w the bad haircut that got buttpunked by the tranny in the desert

22.gatorbreeze » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 pm

I think VD was speaking of his genealogy of Vikings, and I agree, I believe he is descended from the dude w the bad haircut that got buttpunked by the tranny in the desert
:lol:

User avatar 23.DocZaius » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:16 pm

vd is a little too proud of his scandanavian heritage if you know what I mean.

24.evs » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm

I had to IMDB the Bishop to see what else he's been in. Nothing I've ever seen :lol:

King Ecbert was fun to watch, but I like Aethelwulf as King. Unlike his dad, he's stupid, but it's nice to see him on the front lines killing people.
you never watched the tudors despite my review that it featured lots of boobs and beheadings? for shame.

Is vd really trolling us for watching this? hahahahaha
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else