Great news for Reb, other retards

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.DocZaius » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Zima is back!

http://beerstreetjournal.com/get-ready- ... et-return/

You read that right. MillerCoors has re-released the popular 90’s clear malt beverage ‘Zima’.

The beverage hit the market around 1994, and was an instant hit. We think of it like an alcoholic Crystal Pepsi. (Which, incidentally, is also back on shelves.) Fans would soak Jolly Ranchers and Skittles in the bottles for interesting fruity variations. Not that we would know. We just turned 21 yesterday.

The malt beverage was sold with the tagline “Zomething Different.” Which obviously prompted drunk folks to try to pronounce everything with a “Z” in front of it. Think of it like the “WAZZZZZZZUP” Budweiser commercials that debuted in 1999. It got a little annoying after a while.

Last year, the company refiled the paperwork for the trademark of Zima. When asked for a statement, the response Beer Street Journal received is basically – “you’ll see.” Well, now you have your answer. Zima is officially back on shelves.

The brand officially died in 2008 in the United States, but it never left Japan. According to MillerCoors, the brand still does extremely well there. The Citrusy clear alcoholic beverage is only 5% alcohol by volume.

Weren’t old enough to drink Zima before it died in 2008? Summer of 2017 is your chance. 6 packs of the hit 90’s beverage are hitting shelves now.

Jolly Rangers not included.

User avatar 2.RIP » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm

zimas were horrible.

3.evs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm

it's all over the social medias

User avatar 4.Gator Rio » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:03 am

Wasn't Juggs a big Zima fan? :shock:

5.9508 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:14 am

Well he sure as shit was now.

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:49 am

:lol:

7.MDG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Zima, the Faygo of beer.

8.Juggs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't recall having ever indicated as such.

I had drank it on a few occasions. First time I had it was a family vacation at the beach. The girl I met there, her dad had a cooler full of it and left it in the back of his truck at night
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else