Drunk Table

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 176.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm

I've spent all day with my bag of a mother in law. Trade ya
Another problem I no longer have.
I have been getting temperature updates every 15 minutes all day long (ohhhhh, it's 48 degrees in st ougustine and 46 degrees in Jacksonville!!!) and I've been reminded "oh its sooooooocold outside" every time we walk out a door. Why are people like the MIL constantly amazed that it's cold out. Jesus h.
I may be your mother in law.

User avatar 177.RIP » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm

:lol:

178.rampart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:03 pm

RIP, I should have taken you up on that drink

179.rampart » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:58 am

Victory storm king imperial stout. It's like they took a strong IPA a strong stout and some black coffee mixed it all together. Not bad, but way more hops than what you usually get from a stout / imperial stout.

User avatar 180.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 am

Really?

181.rampart » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:17 am

No cork though

182.rampart » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:42 am

New Belgium Trippel, damn good for $8 6 pack

183.Gatorbuc22 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 am

Victory Sour Monkey. Its a sour and I enjoyed it. 9.5%

184.rampart » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Never had a sour, does the sour monkey taste all like the golden monkey?

User avatar 185.Irish Mike » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 pm

:weirdlook:/Will hill

186.Gatorbuc22 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:30 am

I haven’t had any other beers by them but would definitely like to try. I just asked the dude at the store if they had any sour beers. It was really good IMO.

187.rampart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm

I haven’t had any other beers by them but would definitely like to try. I just asked the dude at the store if they had any sour beers. It was really good IMO.
I'll try a single next time in. The golden monkey is a Belgian trippel style that got me back into good beer. Give it a try.

User avatar 188.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am

I think I could pretty much live off of Laphroaig Select scotch. So damn good.

189.rampart » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 am

Chouffe trippel IPA
Copper tail Unholy

190.rampart » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 am

Oskar blues ten fidy imperial stout

User avatar 191.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 am

:lol:

192.shutout » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 am

Drank a whole bottle one night. The next day I had smoky burps and a strong desire to be dead.

193.HG 2.0 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 pm

I need a bourbon 🥃

194.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 pm

I have a bottle of 10 Year Cask Strength. It takes you from eating toasted marshmallows to eating the bark off the burning log. Highly recommended.

195.rampart » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 pm

I wish I could taste all of that in hard liquor, but all I get is hot, hotter, hottest. Granted I haven't paid top dollar but I've tried some highly rated bourbons and whiskeys?

User avatar 196.RIP » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 pm

I wish I could taste all of that in hard liquor, but all I get is hot, hotter, hottest. Granted I haven't paid top dollar but I've tried some highly rated bourbons and whiskeys?
Blanton's is smooth as fuck. Zero burn when you add a tiny bit of ice. I hate scotch. Even JW blue tastes like eating a clump of bog sludge.

User avatar 197.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Blanton's is smooth as fuck. Zero burn when you add a tiny bit of ice. I hate scotch. Even JW blue tastes like eating a clump of bog sludge.
I'm not a fan of scotch, but my step dad has some stuff that is really good.

198.rampart » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:09 pm

I'll be on the lookout for blantons then :numby:

User avatar 199.RIP » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm not a fan of scotch, but my step dad has some stuff that is really good.
the only time I drink it is when someone else has a bottle and that is usually some variety of JW. I've tried the Green, the Gold, & the blue and hated them all. I'm a good drunk though and would never turn down a free drink if someone had something else to try.

200.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 pm

I mixed liquor until my mid-late 30s. Probably the best thing I drank was Turkey - but with coke. Its what I learned from my parents. Then I went to this small target sized liquor store before a Windjammer cruise and asked for a great bottle of rum for inspiration. It was eye opening. After that I did real research and I plowed through other liquors. The real epiphany was 100% agave tequila after thinking Cuervo gold was good (its not even Tequila) and suffering for my ignorance.

Blantons is a great choice (Elmer T Lee is actually pretty much the same juice if you see that) . As another easy drinker you might try Evan Williams Single Barrel (the one with a vintage year). Not quite as flavorful as the others - but smooth. Clynelish 14 or Oban 14 are easy rather plain scotches. Caol Ila 12 is a smokey scotch that isn't QUITE as overpowering Laphroaig 10 or Ardbeg 10. But to be honest I had the Laphroaig 10 first and loved it. With ANY smokey scotch you have to WANT to feel like you are drinking roofing tar though. Its a preference - like say crawfish or kimchee.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else