Mullen-Era Shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 101.GFY » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm

It'll be interesting to see what the full recruiting outcomes will be. Many kids liked Mac/Shannon and will be gone. We have to live with that. That's 2+ years of relationship building that even the best recruiters can't always make up. But I'm confident that Mullen and his staff will do their best to salvage something positive. I think Mullen's attitude, should it remain positive and upbeat, will buy him at least 1 more year of goodwill from the fanbase and administration. It's going to take a little time to be a beast again.
Great points.

Big thing is that Gatornation remains patient and let Mullen build. It's not going to happen over night. Firing 2 coaches in 3 years does not help with the building bridges in recruiting either.

User avatar 102.99inNC » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Dools' Back Nine
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/12/back ... -playoffs/

10. If we get a Georgia/Bama final, you can bet that'll be the first step toward an expanded playoff.
11. Stidham's fumble cost Auburn in the SECCG.
12. If 'Bama was "Arkansas", Ohio State probably gets in.
13. FAU chanted "We want 'Bama". They lost to Buffalo earlier this year. And other CFB stuffs.
14. McMurphy keeps breaking stories even though ESPN gave him a non-compete clause in his layoff.
15. Starkville custard place renames their "Mullen" offering to "Lateral Move". :lol:
16. Dools' knee replacement let him get off social media a few days.
17. Chris Low torched Tennessee's stability in a Tweet.
18. Playlist

Be safe, Mullens fans.

User avatar 103.GFY » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 pm

User avatar 106.99inNC » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm

A true "Mullen-Era Shlink" right here. Matt Corral's dad reveals where things are between his son and Mullen. They just want to know what's going on. Riiiiight. But I get it. Not every QB wants to a part of a "QB class" and they want to be "the guy." Lots more on this in the next couple weeks I think w/ the early signing period rapidly approaching.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... att-corral

User avatar 107.RIP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Randy Shannon is the new DC at UCF under HC Josh Heupel

User avatar 108.Cus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm

It'll be interesting to see what the full recruiting outcomes will be. Many kids liked Mac/Shannon and will be gone. We have to live with that. That's 2+ years of relationship building that even the best recruiters can't always make up. But I'm confident that Mullen and his staff will do their best to salvage something positive. I think Mullen's attitude, should it remain positive and upbeat, will buy him at least 1 more year of goodwill from the fanbase and administration. It's going to take a little time to be a beast again.
If he gets the offense ranked somewhere north of 60th that'll become 3 years easy.

User avatar 109.Cus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Randy Shannon is the new DC at UCF under HC Josh Heupel
Good for him.

110.evs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

If he gets the offense ranked somewhere north of 60th that'll become 3 years easy.
it does seem like Mullen being in the SEC for so long should be less of a hiccup than other coaches.

User avatar 111.Cus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:58 pm

it does seem like Mullen being in the SEC for so long should be less of a hiccup than other coaches.
I've seen it noted that the last year Meyer was any good was the last year Mullen was here.

We're so starved for ANYTHING resembling a competent offense that he could go as low as 6-7 wins and we'd be okay (for now) as long as our offense is scoring more points per game than our defense. You know...even as I type that it strikes me that it should be a joke instead of a reality on more than one occasion.

F you MacNusselmeyer

112.evs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

I wonder how much SOS had to do with this hiring? I suspect a bit and that gives me some confidence

User avatar 113.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 pm

I thought I read something that suggested Steve called him to encourage him to take the job.

User avatar 114.Irish Mike » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:14 pm

I don't need 60 points a game. I'll take 24-30, as long as ot looks like there is an actual gameplan and the kids on the field are aware of it.

User avatar 115.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Steve just said Corral is visiting (or will) Ole Miss? The Haircut tweeted the same. Why the f would a 4 or 5* recruit visit them with the sanctions? I understand taking other visits. Just......to Ole Miss?

116.evs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Steve just said Corral is visiting (or will) Ole Miss? The Haircut tweeted the same. Why the f would a 4 or 5* recruit visit them with the sanctions? I understand taking other visits. Just......to Ole Miss?
17 year olds are dumb?

User avatar 117.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

17 year olds are dumb?
True, but his dad is heavily involved. I'd just think someone around him would pump the brakes.

User avatar 118.GFY » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Ole Miss has better pussy. /Hugh

User avatar 119.RIP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

17 year olds are dumb?
True, but his dad is heavily involved. I'd just think someone around him would pump the brakes.
The most likely answer is "free trip to college town filled with coeds throwing themselves at you".

User avatar 120.99inNC » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Ole Miss has better pussy. /Hugh
Meh. I think he liked his strange off campus in places like Tampa.

121.evs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm

reb can't even get simple idiocy correct

User avatar 122.GFY » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

reb can't even get simple idiocy correct
I know! Right!

User avatar 123.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

17 year olds are dumb?
The most likely answer is "free trip to college town filled with coeds throwing themselves at you".
I guess. However, if you're going to do that, visit Arizona State.

User avatar 124.RIP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 pm

I guess. However, if you're going to do that, visit Arizona State.
Well maybe he only wants to take trips that won't piss off Mullen (i.e. trips to schools that he would never ever commit to).

User avatar 125.RIP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else