Fucking retard

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm

that I bought my house from fancied himself a DIYer. One of the requirements I made was that he replace the garage door and entire setup. It's been broke for months now. Finally had someone out this morning to look at it. The asshole bought a DIY garage door kit and did it himself. Problem? He bought an insanely heavy door and springs/motor that weren't powerful enough for the door. Coming back next to do a conversion....for $750 :bananadead:

User avatar 2.Flight of the Gator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Fucking cheapass seller you had there. You have any recourse on that cockstain?

3.Juggs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Fucking cheapass seller you had there. You have any recourse on that cockstain?
Naw, it's been 5 years. Besides, it's not like the contract specified to use a licensed garage person. It just said replace that old ass ugly door and outdated setup :lol:

User avatar 4.DocZaius » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 pm

I do a lot of DIY projects, but I'd never try to tackle a garage door by myself. Those big springs are dangerous.

User avatar 5.Irish Mike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I do a lot of DIY projects, but I'd never try to tackle a garage door by myself. Those big springs are dangerous.
The old school ones that are on the side could kill you. The newer ones in the front are a lot more safe to Fuck with, as long as you detension them. :lol:

User avatar 6.Flight of the Gator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

I always hire a professional to take care of garage door stuff. I'd never attempt that shit.

7.evs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:18 pm

yeah it does seem likely to kill you.

8.evs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 pm

oh man doc got rebphuked

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 pm

You aren't that clever.

10.evs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:40 pm

You aren't that clever.
alternatively, no way two people are that stupid

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Agreed.

12.evs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm

You aren't that clever.
alternatively, no way two people are that stupid
Who is stupid? Because I am not afraid to install a spring for a garage door opener. It's not rocket science to install such hardware.
hopefully you get crushed by yours

13.Juggs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:18 pm

yeah it does seem likely to kill you.
The hurricane that came through last fall knocked my power out for a day and I had to go to work. I was in the garage. That heavy ass door was a bitch to get out of. Switch it to manual, lift it up in the middle and had to slide to the end keeping it higher than the top of my SUV so I could jam a large screw driver into the and keep it in place just long enough to drive out. That suuuucked :lol:

14.PG. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Figured this was about reb.

User avatar 15.DocZaius » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:15 pm

It's like magic - you mention the word "retard" and he shows up.

User avatar 16.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Six of one.....

17.PG. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 pm

The complex evolution of reb.

Reb69.....actualy wasn't it something before that?

Reb

I farted

18.Supes44444 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 am

Reb

I farted
Cus.

19.-BG- » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:29 pm

How big of a garage door do you have? I bought a motor for like $150 and called an installer for $175 to do the work. Got one of those whisper quiet openers, it connects to my wifi and I can open/close from anywhere.

20.HawaiianGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

How big of a garage door do you have? I bought a motor for like $150 and called an installer for $175 to do the work. Got one of those whisper quiet openers, it connects to my wifi and I can open/close from anywhere.
i think juggs issues go way beyond the motor ... :lol:

21.Juggs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm

It's no larger than your average 2 car garage door :lol: But it is heavy as fuck. Twice as heavy as any other garage door I've manually opened. He went cheap on the rest though. The motor doesn't have enough HP (only 1/2 HP) and he didn't get the heavy duty compressed springs. The cheap DIY kits are just not meant for the door he got.

User avatar 22.Flight of the Gator » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm

It's no larger than your average 2 car garage door :lol: But it is heavy as fuck. Twice as heavy as any other garage door I've manually opened. He went cheap on the rest though. The motor doesn't have enough HP (only 1/2 HP) and he didn't get the heavy duty compressed springs. The cheap DIY kits are just not meant for the door he got.
I'd find where the cheap fucker lived at and spray some insulation foam down his air conditioner drain line. Get even time! :lol:

23.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Reb

I farted
DWGator

User avatar 24.ufgators68 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Reb

I farted
DWGator
You keeping a database or something? :?

25.MDG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Reb

I farted
DWGator
You keeping a database or something? :?
No. I just haven't smoked away my brain cells. And I have a gift. :ugeek:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else