you can add Charlie Rose

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

726.rampart » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:05 pm

he was funny on Parks but his show is sort of creepy
Yeh, good in parks but his standup isn't even good enough for me to listen long enough to notice if it's creepy

User avatar 727.DocZaius » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:00 pm

I was reading the original article where the woman complains about the date and apparently he kept jamming his fingers in her mouth to try to get her in the mood.

I don't consider myself a Casanova or anything, but surely there's not a woman on earth who finds that seductive?

728.Juggs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 pm

I was reading the original article where the woman complains about the date and apparently he kept jamming his fingers in her mouth to try to get her in the mood.

I don't consider myself a Casanova or anything, but surely there's not a woman on earth who finds that seductive?
Well, her version is that he kept jamming his fingers in her mouth and it seems pretty obvious by the rest of it that she's exaggerating things quite a bit.

729.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 pm

well clearly he's not a rapist, he's like 90 pounds, any woman could fight him off

User avatar 730.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

well clearly he's not a rapist, he's like 90 pounds, any woman could fight him off
even vd.

731.evs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

even vd.
he couldn't fend off Peter Dinklage

732.Juggs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 pm

even vd.
he couldn't fend off Peter Dinklage

733.GFY » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:43 am

:lol:

User avatar 734.DocZaius » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 pm

The 22-year-old who wrote the piece about Aziz Ansari sends a nasty email to Ashleigh Banfield's boss, and in the process removed all doubt, as the saying goes:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/17/hln-aziz-ansari-email/
Banfield reads: “‘Ashleigh — someone I assume no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of — I hope the 500 retweets on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick, bad highlights, second wave-feminist has-been really relevant for a little while…'”

Banfield concludes the clip angrily: “If you truly believe in feminism, the last thing you should do is attack someone in an ad hominem way for her age — I’m 50 — for my highlights — I was brown-haired for a while when I was a war correspondent interviewing Yasser Arafat and in Afganistan, Iraq, Gaza, and the West Bank — Google those places. That’s not the way we have those conversations as women or as men. We don’t attack — as journalists — we do not attack for people for their age, or their highlights, or their lipstick. It is the most hypocritical thing a woman who says she supports the woman’s movement could ever do.”

735.Dirksen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:42 pm

As if we needed any more reason to hate millennials.

User avatar 736.DocZaius » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 pm

She clearly doesn't respect one of the big names in her own field, who rose to her position by taking life-threatening assignments in the world's shittiest holes - has no idea who she is, it sounds like. She calls a young woman who had a regretful sexual experience the "bravest" person she's ever met, etc. She's like a poster child for everything people hate about millennials.

737.Dirksen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm

She clearly doesn't respect one of the big names in her own field, who rose to her position by taking life-threatening assignments in the world's shittiest holes - has no idea who she is, it sounds like. She calls a young woman who had a regretful sexual experience the "bravest" person she's ever met, etc. She's like a poster child for everything people hate about millennials.
I gave up after “‘Ashleigh — someone I assume no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of — ...'" She's either pathetically ignorant, or horribly ineffective at trying to be snide. Either way, terrible.

User avatar 738.DocZaius » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 pm

739.GFY » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 pm

:lol:

740.evs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:28 pm

a really progressive friend of mine was pissed this latest march of 45 didn't get more press coverage.

User avatar 741.DocZaius » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Andrew Sullivan says that men are going to act like men, it's just their nature, and feminazis need to recognize it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ology.html

742.evs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Andrew Sullivan says that men are going to act like men, it's just their nature, and feminazis need to recognize it.

that's a huge load of B.S. here's another view, from someone who interacts with actual women

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/1 ... ziz-ansari

User avatar 743.DocZaius » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:42 pm

that's a huge load of B.S. here's another view, from someone who interacts with actual women

I think there's a decent point lurking in Sullivan's column, but it's overshadowed by his emphasis on what he's claiming it means to be male, with all the testosterone and the hair and the big raging boners that he loves.

As to your link, how does someone make a living as a "sexual consent educator"? And I don't think anyone - male or female - really wants to turn sex into a game of "affirmative consent" before every move is made. I mean, seriously, do I have to ask my wife every time I want to touch her boob? We are never going to have sex again if I have to ask every time. That's just stupid.

And at the risk of dovetailing the two articles, what if I'm spooning her (after obtaining her affirmative consent, of course), and I pop a raging boner because that's my body's natural reaction? Have I now raped her, according to the "sexual consent educator"?

edit: Oh, and I'm willing to bet the author of that article has never been touched by a man.

double edit: it just occurred to me that we have each posted articles about male-female relationships, written by two homosexuals. WTF?
Last edited by DocZaius on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

744.evs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

I think there's a decent point lurking in Sullivan's column, but it's overshadowed by his emphasis on what he's claiming it means to be male, with all the testosterone and the hair and the big raging boners that he loves.

As to your link, how does someone make a living as a "sexual consent educator"? And I don't think anyone - male or female - really wants to turn sex into a game of "affirmative consent" before every move is made. I mean, seriously, do I have to ask my wife every time I want to touch her boob? We are never going to have sex again if I have to ask every time. That's just stupid.

And at the risk of dovetailing the two articles, what if I'm spooning her (after obtaining her affirmative consent, of course), and I pop a raging boner because that's my body's natural reaction? Have I now raped her, according to the "sexual consent educator"?
jesus dude, that doesn't mean for people already in a relationship, ffs, you're just being deliberately dense. this is for hookups and people who don't know each other well.

colleges hire people like this to prevent tons of lawsuits, you should know that.

if you read the article, a lot of it is the guilt issue in the US; there is a perception of saying no so one won't be considered slutty here, that leads to problems.

User avatar 745.DocZaius » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm

I agree, we have a weird relationship with sex in parts of this country, and I'm all for women being a little less uptight about it even if I can't take advantage anymore. Although, I gotta say, the kids have it easy nowadays with the Tinder. In my day, you had to go and actually meet people at a party or a bar and hope you're charming enough to convince them to come home with you,or vice versa.

But ok, let's leave my wife out of this. Do I have to ask before every step of a sexual encounter? Should I have her sign a contract?

Or maybe there's an app for that?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/10/app-creat ... l-7220206/

746.shutout » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm

I agree, we have a weird relationship with sex in parts of this country, and I'm all for women being a little less uptight about it even if I can't take advantage anymore. Although, I gotta say, the kids have it easy nowadays with the Tinder. In my day, you had to go and actually meet people at a party or a bar and hope you're charming enough to convince them to come home with you,or vice versa.

But ok, let's leave my wife out of this. Do I have to ask before every step of a sexual encounter? Should I have her sign a contract?
we're way past the point of you sitting the rest of this thread out.

User avatar 747.DocZaius » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm sure you'll get some more good marketing material out of it.

748.shutout » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 pm

I'm sure you'll get some more good marketing material out of it.
I recognize the irony. It brought MDG back!

749.9508 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 am

750.evil gator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm

weird a vegas millionaire would be unsavory
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned