you can add Charlie Rose

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 676.Cus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:57 pm

yeah there's no question old people get crazy, say racist and other terrible shit. a friend of mine's mom, who used to be a very kind person, complained about a neighbor in the old folks community who had burns/deformities from military service sitting outside because she didn't want to LOOK at him.

but to say that people who get grabbed should just suck it up because its not you getting grabbed is a shitty perspective.
True.

Back to Mrs Cain (mom's roomate), it hurt my pride that she put on her glasses before making her demand.
she probably takes pictures of you when you're not aware and posts them on some old lady quilting board
FFFFFFFFF me!

:lol: :lol:

677.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Yes, I know you're snowflakes.

so you're not making a distinction between consensual sexual contact and forced, while someone is trying to do a job? you make me doubt that all the contact you've had is indeed consensual.
I'm just saying there's degrees of contact, and if he's not doing any harm, let him have his fun. What are you going to do, send a 95-year-old man to jail for groping a few nurses?

Sure, I'm a rapist because I have an opinion. Right out of vd's playbook - all that arguing with him has rubbed off on you.
No. She's always been this way. :lol:
so you think it's fine to grab someone against their will?

User avatar 678.DocZaius » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm just saying there's degrees of contact, and if he's not doing any harm, let him have his fun. What are you going to do, send a 95-year-old man to jail for groping a few nurses?

Sure, I'm a rapist because I have an opinion. Right out of vd's playbook - all that arguing with him has rubbed off on you.
well obviously there are degrees of contact, duh.

\ the fact that you think it's "fun" and "not harmful" for someone to be grabbed while they are on the job is disturbing.
Well it isn't "harmful". Offensive or inappropriate, yes. But if you're physically or mentally "harmed" by a 95 year old dude grabbing your ass, you have some issues :lol:
Exactly. Inappropriate? Sure. Offensive? You bet! But "harmful"? Come on.

Now if it's your boss and he's 45, I get it. No way should that shit be allowed to pass unchallenged.

But 95-year-old Stan Lee? He's not a threat to your person, your livelihood or your reputation, he's got no power (unless I missed him on the big list of Hollywood power brokers that you should not cross, ever).

679.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

No. She's always been this way. :lol:
so you think it's fine to grab someone against their will?
Here you go with your pathetic little schtick, again. I type a six word sentence that doesn't even involve sexual assault, and you accuse me of supporting it, or imply I don't care about it. For the record, yes, it is wrong. Do I equate what Bush Sr. did with what Matt Lauer did? No. Why do you have to get in such a tizzy when anyone on this board disagrees with you? And you call everyone else a 'snowflake?' Your need for validation and affirmation on here is pathetic, you sad old hag. :lol:
you're mocking me for arguing that it's not okay to grab, so it's a fair question. If you're going to get upset about something like this, perhaps you're too sensitive for this novelty sports message board.

680.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm

well obviously there are degrees of contact, duh.

\ the fact that you think it's "fun" and "not harmful" for someone to be grabbed while they are on the job is disturbing.
Well it isn't "harmful". Offensive or inappropriate, yes. But if you're physically or mentally "harmed" by a 95 year old dude grabbing your ass, you have some issues :lol:

Now if it's your boss and he's 45, I get it. No way should that shit be allowed to pass unchallenged.

But 95-year-old Stan Lee? He's not a threat to your person, your livelihood or your reputation, he's got no power (unless I missed him on the big list of Hollywood power brokers that you should not cross, ever).
obviously, there are degrees. Just because one thing isn't as bad as something else doesn't mean it's not bad and should be accepted.

again I think you'd feel differently if you were the one getting grabbed.

681.PG. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I long to be grabbed.

User avatar 682.DocZaius » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm

obviously, there are degrees. Just because one thing isn't as bad as something else doesn't mean it's not bad and should be accepted.

So let's say, hypothetically, that Betty White grabbed my crotch in a non-consensual manner as I was spoon-feeding her a helping of my finest porridge. What do you think I should do about it? Run to the media? Hire a lawyer? Get a few men's rights activists riled up about it on twitter?

683.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 pm

So let's say, hypothetically, that Betty White grabbed my crotch in a non-consensual manner as I was spoon-feeding her a helping of my finest porridge. What do you think I should do about it? Run to the media? Hire a lawyer? Get a few men's rights activists riled up about it on twitter?
I'd be okay if you were upset about it.

684.Juggs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Lies. Everyone would call him a complete bitch. :lol:

685.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:49 pm

it would be hot /mags

686.Fishon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

let me get this straight. If,for whatever the reason, Juggs is grabbed by betty white or stan lee, he would just shrug it off and go about his business? :lol: c'mon

maybe "upset" isn't the right word. Would you be weirded out by it at least?

User avatar 687.RIP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

I think doc's point was that sure you can be grossed out/weirded out by it but there's no need to go to the national media.

User avatar 688.Denver-Gator » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 pm

let me get this straight. If,for whatever the reason, Juggs is grabbed by betty white or stan lee, he would just shrug it off and go about his business? :lol: c'mon

He'd probably just post something on Yelp
Last edited by Denver-Gator on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 689.DocZaius » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Oh there's absolutely a double standard in the way men and women are treated when it comes to this kind of thing.

But for the sake of argument, how upset should I be? Or maybe should I just shrug my shoulders and move on?

690.Fishon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I think doc's point was that sure you can be grossed out/weirded out by it but there's no need to go to the national media.
sure, but that may be the difference in being a guy vs. being a female. women are subjected to this kind of thing on a much bigger scale than men are. is it any shock that people are getting fed up with it? for those women who complained, that's probably not the first time they've been groped on the job (cynically speaking, it may be the first time a billionaire did it)

691.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Oh there's absolutely a double standard in the way men and women are treated when it comes to this kind of thing.

But for the sake of argument, how upset should I be? Or maybe should I just shrug my shoulders and move on?
well that's just it, if it hasn't happened to you, how do you know?

692.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

who knew the GOT nerd would understand this issue so well?

693.shutout » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Let's say hypothetically that this you is a victim of rape or sexual abuse in your youth, suffer from crippling depression, and worked for months to get up the courage just to take this job. The anecdotal lens is always insufficient.

694.Juggs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Sure I'd be a little weirded out about it, but would I run to the media announcing how "harmed" I've been? No.

User avatar 695.DocZaius » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm a middle aged man. I do have a vague recollection of being hit on by older women at some point when I was young, but I'm fairly certain none ever came right out and groped me. If I let it slide, however, I might not have a good memory of it, so maybe it has happened...

Let me ask... since you're the only woman here. Has it happened to you?

696.Juggs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm a middle aged man. I do have a vague recollection of being hit on by older women at some point when I was young, but I'm fairly certain none ever came right out and groped me. If I let it slide, however, I might not have a good memory of it, so maybe it has happened...

Let me ask... since you're the only woman here. Has it happened to you?
I have been "assaulted" without my consent a couple times. Just a couple weeks ago a woman about 45 stuck her hand up my shirt and massaged my boobies without asking me. Yes it was at a bar :lol:

User avatar 697.Cus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 pm

anecdotal lens
Band name

User avatar 698.ufgators68 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 pm

User avatar 699.ufgators68 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

My soon-to-be 90 year old mother resides in a nursing home and recently her equally elderly, mind gone over the rainbow, former Pentecostal Holiness preacher's wife, roommate was quite insistent that I remove my clothing.

700.evs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 pm

My soon-to-be 90 year old mother resides in a nursing home and recently her equally elderly, mind gone over the rainbow, former Pentecostal Holiness preacher's wife, roommate was quite insistent that I remove my clothing.
ha, damn
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else